Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spectrum Analyzer Suite

edited February 2013 in General App Discussion

Don't know how to link: This app from Onyx is on sale from 14€ to 0.89€ cents. They are looking into Audiobus support.

Comments

• Do you have a source for that"they are looking into audiobus support"?Couldn't find anything.Would buy it even for the full price then :) But it's pretty useless without audiobus for me as i don't need a calibration tool for room mics...

• They are the source. I've send them an email a while back.....

• very nice app,now i should mail the developer as well to make some more pressure :) It makes totally sense with audiobus and he could dramatically increase his sales if he would make the first analyzer with audiobus...

• I just mailed the developer about AB:)

It would be awesome to have this very useful app on the bus.

@Sebastian do you usually initiate the link with the devs or do they have to request the SDK?

• I will be pushing out a TonalEnergy Tuner update very shortly with AB support, FWIW. It has some interesting spectral analysis features as well.
    http://AppStore.com/tonalenergytuner

• @sonosaurus thanx for the heads up on tonalenergytuner , very usefull app.

• @sonosaurus: looks great as well.But not really what i'm looking for.Or is there a hidden function for showing the frequency spectrum in bars?That's way more accurate for my need instead of a fancy spectral waveform.And it seems its only portrait mode?

• got a very quick response from the developer:

"Yes, we plan to do this but not in the near future - the app is
    written using monotouch, and there is no audiobus api for that."

i don't know exactly what it means but i'm fine with the info that it will come sooner or later :)

• edited February 2013

To have it standby for 0,89cents is word it. Don't know what he means either....

• edited February 2013

@Crabman, bars in a spectral plot is just a way to bin up energy into lower resolution frequency chunks, which isn't more accurate, but it can be easier to see certain things. TET doesn't let you control that binning right now, but it does let you switch to a filled-in view. The upcoming version will also have a harmonic energy plot which shows you the relative levels of the partials in the currently recognized pitch.

All orientations are supported on both iPhone and iPad.

• yep,sorry.Did not express myself well.I meant the visual aspect.I definitely prefer the bars.But yours getting more and more interesting to me.Can you give a short explanation what you mean with filled in-view?Is there a manual or tutorials on youtube that i can check out?

• The website is http://tonalenergy.com . The video there doesn't really cover all aspects of it, but a user manual is up there. Instead of a spectral plot with a jagged green line going across, the filled mode has everything under that line filled in with green as well.

• We're working on an AB version of Spectral Eye. The current version is free, and will stay that way. The "pro" variant will have AB, recording, and a few other goodies.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spectral-eye/id546934084?mt=8