Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How Are Your Feelings?

Phil Schapp, legendary jazz DJ out of NY began his show with that variation on How ya feelin?
So perceptive, kind and empathetic. Really an innovative take on a cliche from a musician’s point of view. It made you feel welcome and ready to enjoy the great tracks he always played.

My teacher, Connie Crothers, placed great store in the expression of feeling. Whether it was screaming at each other from across her studio to loosen the throat and neck muscles, to the much sought after “Thk” she made clicking her tongue off the roof of her mouth when I played something that really got her (feelings)... she was an exemplar, mentor and avatar of how music and feeling came together. It was never far from consciousness when I was with her.

My feelings are blessedly great. After a painful departure from Istanbul and fleeing a failed marriage I have landed in Savannah, Georgia where everyone speaks English (sort of). Not being able to participate in most conversations for three years is a bit harder than it looks. Not having anyone to crack jokes with (oh that Jewish American, Larry David, sensibility!) Well, someone miraculously reappeared in my life when needed most, and she speaks fluent English and laughs at my wisecracking. That we had once been married.... well, it eliminates having to get to “know” some stranger. What could beat that? And a new keyboard on the way, to boot.

But enough about me. I know this can be a really tough time of year. How are your feelings? I wish you a great year to come. So many people to think of from this forum. @chandroji comes to mind.
And @waynerowand. I hope your daughter is in a good place this December. And, of course, @Michael. I hope things will get better there. All good things and plenty of good feelings to you all.
Happy new decade!

Comments

• @LinearLineman Greeting and salutations friend! Many, many thank for keeping my little one in your thoughts. Overall things have been much, much better, although we’ve have a few rough patches. I’ve been a little quiet around here recently, lurking mainly. Sorry to hear about your troubles, marriage and move. You’re welcome at my Appalachian casa anytime. I make a mean paneer and veggie curry and always have a fridge of libations. Prayers for a blessed year forthcoming. Thank you again for remembering my girl.

• That’s great to hear things are in a better place for your family @waynerowand. As for me, I may gratefully show up for that Indian cuisine and libations, but, so far it is a happy ending here in the South and another of the seemingly limitless, seventy years of gifts, from my own personal Jesus. Happiest of New Years!

• The smoothest cats always land softly. Happy to hear things are well @LinearLineman

• @WillieNegus said:
    The smoothest cats always land softly. Happy to hear things are well @LinearLineman

....and enjoy many lives also :)

May 2020 be rich and full for each of us in a way that makes the sense we need.

• Stay productive, LL! All the best to you in your new surroundings

• Welcome to GA, LL!
    Sorry to hear about your recent difficulties, but Savannah is a wonderful city. Also, make sure not to miss out on nearby Tybee Island.

• edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JonathanMac Sorry to hear about troubles this year. Prayers that you and your family find peace and comfort.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2019

Well, my other half decided to bugger off to italy with the kids for Christmas for some incomprehensible reason. I was a bit sad at first, to be left behind. Then I thought, God I hardly ever have time away from the kids so...hallelujah! My drummer mate is visiting so we've spent Christmas eating, drinking, smoking stuff and recording in the studio. I forgot I was a father for a day or two. No feelings of guilt whatsoever ;)

To whomever out there dealing with shit remember: turn friction into traction!

• @LinearLineman said:

But enough about me. I know this can be a really tough time of year. How are your feelings? I wish you a great year to come. So many people to think of from this forum. @chandroji comes to mind.

Weirdly I’m in a similar situation to Mr Chandroji (hope the op went well Mr). Damaged my spine, and waiting to see if it’s permanent, fixable, temporary, or will get worse.

So all the things that were worrying me at the beginning of the year (me and the Mrs being jobless in April, leaking roof, Brexit etc. etc.) have kinda faded with the daily concerns of pain management, getting around, and worried about my potential physical state in 2020 taking centre stage.

So I’ve been preparing for a less mobile future - and of course this lovely thing, the iPad, sits really nicely in that World, and will allow me (assuming things don’t get really bad) to carry on being creative.

Perspective, that’s my feelings. Suddenly realising what’s really important, and what is the bare minimum I need to keep me getting up in the morning.

Best case scenario - this thing doesn’t get any worse, the Mrs gets to do all the driving, I get an excuse to buy a swanky new iPad and smoke an awful lot of dope. For the pain, of course.

• @WillieNegus said:
    The smoothest cats always land softly. Happy to hear things are well @LinearLineman

No offence intended to anyone.. but surely I can’t be the only person who thinks you may have misread the thread as ‘How are your felines?’ 🙂

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2019

Wow I’m so glad I tuned into this thread. So many things going on with a lot of the regulars here. I’m heartened that 2019 is soon over and looking forward to the next year. Hope you all find peace, restored health and optimism in the days ahead. I’m not mentioning names because I’ll surely leave some folk out who are having tough times but — I think about you guys a lot and appreciate you all.

• Yep.. 2019 has been bad here in Cyprus... If I cannot find a solution by end of Jan.. I will be taking a one way ticket back to UK for good.. & starting again.. Losing my family & my 9 yr old daughter (who suffers with Epilepsy, due to what her mothers has done to her)... Plus Living someone who has Mental Health issues.. (daughters mother... I’m there to keep the peace)... & Brexit is not gonna help either.. My advice to anyone from UK, if your thinking of moving to Cyprus.... Don’t!.... Only for holiday... But there are big changes coming here in Cyprus too.... Not good for anyone.... 2020 will be almost now no music made... Had to make tough decisions.... I’m finishing off projects in Xmas holiday season before I stop..

• We live in a fast changing world, it makes me think alot of what is to come. I feel the society around me in Europe has gotten alot colder. Europe stands for though problems to solve, I am truly having doubts if Europe will still be the same by the end of the next decade. So these things are always lingering in the back of my head which gives me some anxiety.
    I've seen young people diagnosed with cancer, my dad as well this last year.
    Together with some physical problems and a stressful job with periods of insomnia, that's not a good combo.
    I suffer a lot from pain at tendons all over my body, especially in winter. So for the moment I feel quite shitty.
    When times get though I always think we are on a ladder, there are people above you but there are many below you who have it worse.
    In the end there is always music to take our mind of our sorrows.

I wish you all a good health and lots of love and good things in 2020. Keep making tunes, it keeps us healthy.

• @robosardine said:

@WillieNegus said:

No offence intended to anyone.. but surely I can’t be the only person who thinks you may have misread the thread as ‘How are your felines?’ 🙂

+1 for the comment of the year!

• @LinearLineman

Sorry to hear about your departure from Turkey.
    The positives? another excuse to create great music
    and it also sounds like you landed quite smoothly.

For my part?

2018 was not the greatest of years by any measure.
    I had had my studio jacked one hot day near the end of Summer.
    4 laptops, 1 pad, 1 vintage guitar.
    approximately 2500 works of art,
    2500 personal family photos, all of my early iOS tracks,
    something in the region of 150 tracks
    15 years worth of research and art gone and
    finally last but not least my son's violin.

So I entered this year not expecting much
    as I was licking my wounds so to speak.

This year on the other hand turned out rather well.

I got a secondhand brand new iPad Pro 9.7",
    a little Behringer mixer and started again.

I've filmed three marches here in the U.K
    footage of which I'm going to release next year,
    I've assisted in helping a Kambo patient in becoming
    a Kambo practioner, alongside
    designing her website and Facebook page.
    Invested quite heavily into the iOS ecosphere,
    done a gig in a Castle with some really great people,
    performed for a rather well known Earth Conservation charity,
    formed a new band, about to embark upon
    realising some of my back catalogue on Bandcamp
    as well as my new material that I've created on my iPad and
    together with all of this watching my son grow into an awesome being.
    We got him a violin for Christmas this year because he said,

I quote,

'I like playing music'.

So all in all 2019 has more than made up for 2018 in my book.

I have no idea what 2020 will bring but as
    always the only way to find out is to live it.

Peace and light. ✊🏽

• edited December 2019

Thug life everyone... I don’t want to bore/worry you with my own shit (due it seems 2019 a hard year for the whole world) instead of I want to share an usual wisdom words from Sijo Lee to inspire all of us.

Let me wish all of you the best for this new 2020 and all the force of true Love by your side.
    <3

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    "words from Sijo Lee to inspire all of us."

Let me wish all of you the best for this new 2020 and all the force of true Love by your side.
    <3

+1

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Thug life everyone... I don’t want to bore/worry you with my own shit (due it seems 2019 a hard year for the whole world) instead of I want to share an usual wisdom words from Sijo Lee to inspire all of us.

<3

Thanks @TheDubbyLabby !

• @MonzoPro, sorry for your difficulties, man. I always envision you as this thirtyish rocker living hard...
    Don’t know why I should... maybe some of your music? Anyway, you give off a vibrant vibe and that’s gotta be good. I don’t know if @chandroji had the surgery... I don’t want to press his privacy again.

@waynerowand, glad things have been looking up mostly. I often think about your daughter. A bright new year to you and your family.

@Gravitas, that sounds like a ton of loss. Glad you are beginning to rebuild and have a precious son.
    @studs1966, wow, Cyprus going down. Sorry to hear that. I had thought of Cyprus as an escape destination from Turkey when I was there. I wish you safe travels if you must leave.
    @JonathanMac, sad to hear about your loss. Hope the healing continues.

I’m sorry if I gave the impression I was in difficulty. Yes, it was a tough time, but much relief in the change. And on its heels an old/new love. Something so unpredictable it can only be called life. And, despite the cold civil war, very glad to be back home in the U.S.S.A.

• @LinearLineman

Thank you for your kind words.
    Yeah, in one sense it was a great loss,
    in another it was quite freeing.
    My music has taken another direction for me once more.
    iOS plays a part in that.

It was time to let go of the old and welcome in the new.
    Sometimes external forces have to
    come into play for change to happen.

I'm so much happier now.

I also landed quite smoothly this
    evening onto a wicked dance floor.
    It's been a while.

Yeah and my son is very precious.
    Both of my children are.

Bless up dude.

Glad your happier as well.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @MonzoPro, sorry for your difficulties, man. I always envision you as this thirtyish rocker living hard...
    Don’t know why I should... maybe some of your music? Anyway, you give off a vibrant vibe and that’s gotta be good. I don’t know if @chandroji had the surgery... I don’t want to press his privacy again.

@waynerowand, glad things have been looking up mostly. I often think about your daughter. A bright new year to you and your family.

@Gravitas, that sounds like a ton of loss. Glad you are beginning to rebuild and have a precious son.
    @studs1966, wow, Cyprus going down. Sorry to hear that. I had thought of Cyprus as an escape destination from Turkey when I was there. I wish you safe travels if you must leave.

I’m sorry if I gave the impression I was in difficulty. Yes, it was a tough time, but much relief in the change. And on its heels an old/new love. Something so unpredictable it can only be called life. And, despite the cold civil war, very glad to be back home in the U.S.S.A.

Thanks Mike, but it will last case scenario mate.... If I can find full time job (PAYE)... then it should be ok.. But I have to prepare for the worst.... Lost a lot of work Pool this year, as Brits are selling up here (plus a couple of customers died due to terminal illness).. As Cyprus is only half a country because of Turkey occupation, jobs are even harder to find, especially, if your not Cypriot.... Even the Greek from Greece don’t like it here... Like a lot of things all over the world... “The Grass is Greener, until you get over there”... ;)

• @studs1966 said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @MonzoPro, sorry for your difficulties, man. I always envision you as this thirtyish rocker living hard...

Thanks Mike, but it will last case scenario mate.... If I can find full time job (PAYE)... then it should be ok.. But I have to prepare for the worst.... Lost a lot of work Pool this year, as Brits are selling up here (plus a couple of customers died due to terminal illness).. As Cyprus is only half a country because of Turkey occupation, jobs are even harder to find, especially, if your not Cypriot.... Even the Greek from Greece don’t like it here... Like a lot of things all over the world... “The Grass is Greener, until you get over there”... ;)

Plus now here.. This little country is almost wall to wall with Syrians, & Africans... But Mostly Syrians... Went to Archbishop Macarious Hospital in Nicosia with check with my Daughter... It was a chocka full of Syrians... They are nice people, we have a couple living in apartment here, but, there are more that are pleasant, but “Mafia” types here.. Crime in Ayia Napa was doubled, even trebled here now.. Once the building boom stops here, there will be no work, for You can guess what may happen?... I do hope I’m completely wrong?.. But I saw what happened here when the banks crashed here a few years ago..