Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SweetWater Purchase and Praise

I finally had a chance to buy a keyboard from SweetWater and see if they lived up to their good reputation. And they did.

My rep was a very nice guy name of Nate Hutson and he really went the distance to see I got a great deal. We talked for an hour first just sharing our musical histories and his experience at SW. He was loving it as he got to borrow a lot of high end recording gear. But he also told me stuff like they have corporate reps on staff from brands like Roland and Casio, and offer a two year free warranty on their products.

He also met me 100% on competing offers. I had found a Kawai ES8 on brief sale from a small Las Vegas outfit for $1298 plus shipping and no extended warranty. The lowest price otherwise was their price of $1650. Nate got back to me and offered the same deal plus shipping and warranty. Tho I went for a Casio I still might take him up on it if the PXS3000 doesn’t feel right.

I actually had two returns before settling on the new Casio. I asked Nate if he would grant me an Xmas boon and pick up the return shipping... which he graciously did... twice! Saved me a c note at least. So I totally recommend this vendor and especially Nate Hutson. Even though my purchase was under a grand he really gave me great service, sugges info and a lot of his time.I felt he wanted me to be happy with the whole experience... and I was. I am not employed by SweetWater nor am I Nate’s brother-in-law. Just wanted to share a positive shopping adventure.

Comments

• And there's candy!

I've purchased several times and am very impressed with their service. I had a question about a keyboard I bought from them, my guy contacted the keyboard's engineers and got back with an answer a few days later.

They do send a lot of emails, and they phone every few months. They send catalogs large and small. I think they've probably spent more on me than they made in profit from me!

As a small business owner, Sweetwater's service was actually my inspiration for my customer service.

• Sweetwater goes the distance customer-service wise and so they get my money every time. Have nothing but excellent things to say about them.

• Not to forget Mitch Gallagher @ Sweetwater, my go-to reviewer in the old days of iPad 1 and 2!
    https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=mitch+gallagher+ios

• McDMcD
    edited December 2019

You know how we are addicted to buying apps? Well... there are folks addicted to buying hardware too. Sweetwater is their dealer. There are probably a small number of pro's too that can use said hardware to produce an income.

Then there's this special category of musician that gets given hardware for endorsements.

• Back on point... the @LinearLineman will be making tracks again soon.

• edited December 2019

They are wonderful. While I don't officially show preference for any specific dealer of ours, I can say that just last night I ate way too much Laffy Taffy that came with my new Steinberg e-Licenser key that I had purchased from them. And I also had a great chat with the rep on the phone before it arrived. I see hardware mentioned but they are also a super dealer for software. They really know a lot about what they sell.

And that candy. I told them they didn't have to send it with a $30 product but they did anyway :smile: And I enjoyed it, as always.

• Best customer service out there. You actually want these folks to have your money 😎

• Kings and Queens of customer service. I happily give them cash.

• Just thinking of you @waynerowand!

• edited December 2019

yuh usually im going sweetwater. havent had to use it but that free 2 yr warranty is worth alot to me

• What’s the name of the Vegas place? Just curious...

• edited December 2019

I spent the better part of my twenties slinging gear for Mars and Musician’s Friend; 13 years later I won’t buy from any big box but Sweetwater, their customer service is absolutely the best, I just wish they had some sort of frequent flyer punch card.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I thought the calls were a little annoying haha, after the third one they stopped.

I get it though, I think they are trying to just be available and maybe answer a question someone doesn’t know they have?

That said, they are my first port of call if I’m looking for anything music related. Shipping was faster than expected, my sales rep was such a nice guy and who can say no to a little candy thrown in the box? Lol

• They never seem to price match for me. I just tried last month to price match...sorry that’s below our cost they said. Most online dealers for Martin guitars discount 40% from list price, Sweetwater...no go. I spent over $5,000 on 2 Martin Guitars, but Sweetwater would have cost me about $750 more. The guitars come with a lifetime warranty too so the xtra warranty didn’t really apply. So I tend to buy smaller things. I live in the north east and shipping takes nearly a week. Nice people, good customer service, but I’ve been disappointed about 6 times with pricing. Sorry to be negative here... The good side is often their everyday pricing on some things are very competitive, it is nice to speak with someone, free shipping on even the smallest things, good return policy.

• edited December 2019

Yeah, I finally got a Sweetwater guy a few months ago, he's solid. Made a few orders since then. He has only called to confirm a big order or when I emailed him a question about an item that's still out of stock to let me know the date was pushed back. Never had a 'drum up sales' call from him. Maybe you guys are leaving stuff in your cart unpurchased? Or maybe some are just overzealous.

Hurry up and get my JHS Colour Box 2 in, Sweetwater! Damnit

• I’m curious if any canadian used sweetwater? How was your experience?

My fellow Canadian musician where are you buying your gear? Local or online?

• My Sweetwater rep is always calling me and saying “it’s been a while since we’ve talked last” even though we have never spoken. He calls me at 5am sometimes when I’m almost always asleep.

I suppose it’s great if you have problems or questions, but if you don’t they should just leave you alone.

I was really hoping they’d send me some sounds that they made for a keyboard I bought from them before they released the sounds. It comes for free with that keyboard if you buy it. They said they’d send me the SD card for $30 plus the shipping cost.

• Wow. I totally don't want anyone calling me and their prices are merely standard (and it seems getting them to deal is hIt or miss). Think I might stick with a boutique shop instead and save some money and annoyance!

• Free 2 year warranty is the main thing I dig. They only get old phone numbers from me anymore tho

• sweetwater is awesome. the sales reps are always. helpful and know what they are talking about. If you ever get the opportunity, go to their Gearfest event in the summer time. My wife and I went 2 years ago and loved it. you get to visit their facility, lots of sales and vendors showing the latest gear. classes and demos of gear and music writing in their multiple studios and conference spaces. outdoor concerts with several famous musicians and song writers. it’s a great place and after netting the people who run it, you realize just how much they love music and the industry. plus candy in every order you get! :)