Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• So what’s the definition of a DAW these days? I must be out of the loop.

• @brambos said:
    So what’s the definition of a DAW these days? I must be out of the loop.

I think at this point it just means any AU host 😆

Now that’s an overpriced app haha ($40,000) 😉

• @brambos said:

“D” is for “desktop”…or “dashboard”…or “driver.”

The definition of “automation lanes” will be updated early next year.

• edited December 2019

@marmakin said:

@brambos said:

Why compete with existing solutions redundantly? Look what happened to GoPro for launching a drone and going head on with DJI who has decades of knowledge in drones and established. GoPro drone is too big and fits in a suitcase, they were recalled, their stock took a nosedive...

Why not just use an iPad and the free GarageBand? Only someone who has never seen or heard about iPad would buy Tesla music app.

Tesla owners = 0.001%
    Music producers in that niche = 1% of 0.001%
    Cost to develop & market the app = $$,$$$,$$$
    Cost of the app to customers = well...

It remains to be seen.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Seems safe.

Lol my first thought too 😂 Let’s hope that self driving technology is ready for prime time.

• @MobileMusic said:

@marmakin said:

@brambos said:

Why compete with existing solutions redundantly? Look what happened to GoPro for launching a drone and going head on with DJI who has decades of knowledge in drones and established. GoPro drone is too big and fits in a suitcase, they were recalled, their stock took a nosedive...

Why not just use an iPad and the free GarageBand? Only someone who has never seen or heard about iPad would buy Tesla music app.

Tesla owners = 0.001%
    Music producers in that niche = 1% of 0.001%
    Cost of the app = well...

It remains to be seen.

This is obviously absurdly unnecessary. But if I had a Tesla of course I would buy it hahaha. Maybe it’s worth it to them as a “loss leader” concept to show off the high tech innovation angle in marketing materials. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• edited December 2019

@brambos said:

there is overall consensus on this forum that it must have audio tracks, otherwise it is not DAW but groovebox :trollface:

• @dendy said:

@brambos said:

there is overall consensus on this forum that it must have audio tracks, otherwise it is not DAW but groovebox :trollface:

:D :D

• “Yes officer, I realize that I was speeding. Sorry. But i was working on this groove on my dashboard computer. Hey, your siren sounds cool! What is that... a modulated sine wave? Gotta put that in my song!” 🚔😁

• edited December 2019

130 always 😀😀😀