Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Bedhead Producer Electro Swing track "the Grinch" Cubasis playthrough

I used sever instances of Heavy Brass and have to say it sounds no less good than my Kontakt brass libraries on my PC. No guitar at all in this one. The music is all sequenced. I didn't borrow any swing samples and didn't use any premade loops, other than a couple percussion loops.
I mastered it in Bias Final Touch on the Ipad as well, which I've never done. Unlike some of my one or two night projects, I worked on this a lot over time, letting it all sink in and slowly change it over weeks into what It's now become.

Here is the soundcloud link of the song in case you don't feel like watching the video

Comments

• Another Masterclass from @bedheadproducer.

Freezing tracks with Cubasis is a great way to get complex arrangements done... but very labor intensive. You have t have a
    Musical composers mindset to see the target before you get there.
    It’s probBly a lot like painting with oils.

• @McD said:
    Another Masterclass from @bedheadproducer.

Freezing tracks with Cubasis is a great way to get complex arrangements done... but very labor intensive. You have t have a
    Musical composers mindset to see the target before you get there.
    It’s probBly a lot like painting with oils.

Thanks...I didn't really do too much teaching in this one. I wasn't sure how many people would be interested in how to write horn arrangements, but i figured showing the tracks and mentioning which plugins I used might give at least a little insight into what is going on. Basically for the syncopated keyboard/horn parts, It's kind of like a round, like row your boat and then some chord pads in the background when I want it to be totally full. It's all about writing a riff with rests and holes and then writing a part that fits in between the rests in the holes, as well as some accents/stabs that are kind of like hitting crashes on a drum kit. If anyone is curious about how I did something that isn't that obvious, I'll gladly make a video explaining it.

• @bedheadproducer
    Your skills as a producer/musician are really Pro level. And I’m always surprised with your ability to master several genres and even mix them sometimes in a tune.
    Congratulations.

Ps: got to confess I love your guitar shredding.

• @Callaeci said:
    @bedheadproducer
    Your skills as a producer/musician are really Pro level. And I’m always surprised with your ability to master several genres and even mix them sometimes in a tune.
    Congratulations.o
    ooll I’ll on
    Ps: got to confess I love your guitar shredding.

I used to be a rock/metal guy only when it came to production at least ... then I started branching out just to see if I could . My first experiments in other genres were ok but practice makes perfect . I do like the challenge and I like pulling off something new and having the vibe still be genuine . I figured the more I know , the more valuable I am when it comes to getting hired as a producer or studio musician . So the moral of the story is , try different stuff , you never know what you might be good at ! It’s not selling out if you don’t stop doing your original genres you started with . And so do guitar Tom foolery will most likely be one of the next things I cook up . Thanks for your kind words and I’ll keep you posted :)

• Really well done!
    Sounds really good!
    Bravo!
    Flo

• @flo26 said:
    Really well done!
    Sounds really good!
    Bravo!
    Flo

Thank you very much! I'm really stoked at the response I've gotten so far!

• Really good Marc thank you!

• @sbcfx said:
    Really good Marc thank you!

thank you! :)