Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

eSPi 1200 NEW VIDEO (SP1200 app)

Comments

• $7500.00 Damn!!!

• @kobamoto said:
    $7500.00 Damn!!!

I wonder. Is that the intro price? And for how long? :D

• Whilst beautiful I imagine there will only ever be a handful of these, especially at that price.

I’ll stick with the app and the SP2400/LowHissSP depending on which is best.

• @anickt said:

@kobamoto said:
    $7500.00 Damn!!!

I wonder. Is that the intro price? And for how long? :D

lol, I can imagine telling people at my studio not to beat on it :D

• New Video. Pretty Cool!

• @SFXGuy said:
    The pitch shifting algorithm sounds really nice imho.

"Public beta available for everyone in February." B)

Really???

Now that is cool.

• Can't wait

• No way to preview samples before loading and no Auv3, and people get excited haha, snow to eskimos.

• edited January 2020

@Turntablist said:
    No way to preview samples before loading and no Auv3, and people get excited haha, snow to eskimos.

@Turntablist you been moaning a lot lately. I bet you purchase it. I will be and big respect to the dev

• edited January 2020

• J_BJ_B
    edited January 2020

If only if only there were some way to add features after release 😢

Seriously tho is a sampler, sample into it

Edit: might have spoken too soon, not actually seen any example of sampling via inputs as of yet, just sample loading.. asked the dev on one of the videos. Devs don’t have a tendency to respond to things they don’t like though, we’ll see

• @J_B said:
    If only if only there were some way to add features after release 😢

Seriously tho is a sampler, sample into it

Edit: might have spoken too soon, not actually seen any example of sampling via inputs as of yet, just sample loading.. asked the dev on one of the videos. Devs don’t have a tendency to respond to things they don’t like though, we’ll see

He’s said he will have external sampling and he’s very responsive. Check out his videos/posts on YouTube and Instagram.

• Another new video

• New website and beta testing info:

http://low-hiss.com/

• I wonder, in a non-snarky way, how much sense does it make to have the exact same workflow of the hardware in a touch-driven app

• @jipumarino said:
    I wonder, in a non-snarky way, how much sense does it make to have the exact same workflow of the hardware in a touch-driven app

I’m no expert but I believe workflow is one of the top attractions to the SP1200 along with sound and the sequencer. Besides, how would you change it if you are trying to emulate a classic piece of hardware? It will have some features not available in the original that will make it more practical to use such as longer sampling times and modern file system. I never had an SP but I had an Ensoniq Mirage (and several other samplers) which many people have said was a pig to program. I had no problem with it after spending a little time with the manual. The SP looks way easier to use whether using a hardware interface or touchscreen. Maybe it will have more appeal to those of us who did sampling before there were affordable computers? 😆

• @anickt said:

@jipumarino said:
    I wonder, in a non-snarky way, how much sense does it make to have the exact same workflow of the hardware in a touch-driven app

I’m no expert but I believe workflow is one of the top attractions to the SP1200 along with sound and the sequencer. Besides, how would you change it if you are trying to emulate a classic piece of hardware? It will have some features not available in the original that will make it more practical to use such as longer sampling times and modern file system. I never had an SP but I had an Ensoniq Mirage (and several other samplers) which many people have said was a pig to program. I had no problem with it after spending a little time with the manual. The SP looks way easier to use whether using a hardware interface or touchscreen. Maybe it will have more appeal to those of us who did sampling before there were affordable computers? 😆

;) got it, that's a good point about the original hardware already having a great workflow (I've never used one). I guess my doubts come from other machines workflows (the 808 would be my prime example) which can be improved in one way or another

• @SFXGuy said:
    New website and beta testing info:

http://low-hiss.com/

Including pricing 💰💰💰😎

• New comparison video

• @anickt said:
    New comparison video

Sounds great to me, very close to the hardware.

• edited January 2020

Sounding like some lo frequency is lost on the emulation but that is expected due to the Sp1200 convertors. But a bit of eq will sort that. This is an app i so want right now. The pitch range sounds excellent though

• edited January 2020

The website says it will have on board effects Hopefully per pad but can settle for Master effects. The resample feature i look forward to seeing how that will work Fingers crossed for resample at lo bandwidths

• edited January 2020

I really like this, I can see that he loves hiphop.. good choice of sample material.. No EDM or trap samplepack stuff like the Akai guys use to show their new MPC. Crate digging, sampling soul breaks for drums, that's what hiphop is all about.. I also like that he emulates the hardware UI.. I want to operate my iPad like it's hardware: big buttons and faders.. I hope the timing and swing sounds allright.. in that iPad demo video it sounds kinda robotic to me.. not very musical.. Maybe you'll have to use the double tempo trick to get nice swing..

• Can‘t wait for this. I think I‘ll buy the desktop app as well.

Still can‘t believe that no one else came up with something like this before.

• The SP1200 manual is a fun read. Written by the legendary Craig Anderton.

https://www.samplekings.com/pdfs/SP1200 User Manual.pdf

• @anickt said:
    The SP1200 manual is a fun read. Written by the legendary Craig Anderton.

https://www.samplekings.com/pdfs/SP1200 User Manual.pdf

Great stuff, thanks for the link!

• It will be here soon!