Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi Control problems need help

Try to setup some basic midi control with Korg nanoKontrol via Bluetooth. The connection is fine, I can assign midi cc with midi learn function, works as expected so far. But it turns out failed to properly control at last. :s (Just no responses, whatever I trigger the midi button I just assigned)

Footage here:

Do I miss some setting things to do in this case?

Comments

• Are you sure your KORG controller is set up to send the correct value for CC #34?
    You might need to edit using it the controller editor for Win/Mac.

• @rs2000 said:
    Are you sure your KORG controller is set up to send the correct value for CC #34?
    You might need to edit using it the controller editor for Win/Mac.

Hi , I had checked couple times, and set different knobs/ keys for test (momentary/ toggle) :s

I will borrow another midi controller to do some test , to see if my nanokontrol got some fix to do or not

• You can use a midi monitor app or plugin of some sort to see what MIDI is coming in.

• @espiegel123 said:
    You can use a midi monitor app or plugin of some sort to see what MIDI is coming in.

I tried Midiflow to make sure Audiobus could receive the control change :'(

• @hsinkai0407 said:

@espiegel123 said:
    You can use a midi monitor app or plugin of some sort to see what MIDI is coming in.

I tried Midiflow to make sure Audiobus could receive the control change :'(

And what MIDI did it show that the Korg was sending?

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@hsinkai0407 said:
    Try to setup some basic midi control with Korg nanoKontrol via Bluetooth. The connection is fine, I can assign midi cc with midi learn function, works as expected so far. But it turns out failed to properly control at last. :s (Just no responses, whatever I trigger the midi button I just assigned)

Switch-to only works for AU plugins in AUM. You can't use it for Loopy HD, which is IAA. However, switch-to will work in Audiobus for IAA apps that have Audiobus support, including Loopy.

I assume you're running Loopy HD in Audiobus already. If so then just do the midi learn there instead and it should work.

• thanks, I’ll give it a try after finishing my work travel, and thanks for all of you guys’ input

@wim said:

@hsinkai0407 said:

Switch-to only works for AU plugins in AUM. You can't use it for Loopy HD, which is IAA. However, switch-to will work in Audiobus for IAA apps that have Audiobus support, including Loopy.

I assume you're running Loopy HD in Audiobus already. If so then just do the midi learn there instead and it should work.