Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Australian Fires

I hope @Michael and family are ok during this history breaking drought and brutal fire toll. Gosh, the PM even had to cut short his Hawaiian getaway while firefighters struggle and perish during the holidays. Same old same old.

Comments

• Cheers @LinearLineman - it’s quite the horror show over here. Check this map out for a visualisation of how much has burned, it’s staggering: http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/datablog/ng-interactive/2019/dec/07/how-big-are-the-fires-burning-on-the-east-coast-of-australia-interactive-map

Fires are in NSW, nearly a thousand kilometres away from us, but it’s still smoky here!

• Scary stuff, one of my mates who moved to Oz is a fireman, though he's the other side in Perth - but plenty going on there too.

Hero's, those guys.

• Yeah it feels like the dystopian future is present and accounted for here in rural New South Wales !

• I lived 3 years north of Adelaide in a town that no longer exists and once held terrorists (like a southern Guantanamo) called Woomera

Even though it was the donga and hot we never had a fire or sustained heat (46C or 120+F) like what they are experiencing now. Birds are literally dropping out of the skies as koalas burn.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2019/nov/21/how-australias-bushfires-spread-mapping-the-nsw-and-queensland-fires

• I’m here in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney (the half-covered binoculars icon). It has been surreal and quite scary here. Have had to leave temporarily several times. Our place backs directly onto bushland, like many around here. I’ve got most of my music gear at a friend’s place until the fire threat is over, which may be weeks or months away. The firefighters are doing a great job, have saved many houses nearby, but we’re all at the mercy of the way the wind blows. There’s a fire north of here that’s been burning for 2-3 months. Countless hectares/acres of bushland have burned - about eight times the size of the recent California fires. Devastating for local wildlife, as well as the impact on humans.

• The hazard reduction burn we had to have, to bowdlerise PJK. But imagine if all this fuel had hung on, drying out till February... there's be no stopping any of it. Truly an amazing organisational and logistic effort this, despite the losses and deaths... fighting fire on a landscape scale.

• View from the backyard the other day

• @handed said:
    I’m here in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney (the half-covered binoculars icon). It has been surreal and quite scary here. Have had to leave temporarily several times. Our place backs directly onto bushland, like many around here. I’ve got most of my music gear at a friend’s place until the fire threat is over, which may be weeks or months away. The firefighters are doing a great job, have saved many houses nearby, but we’re all at the mercy of the way the wind blows. There’s a fire north of here that’s been burning for 2-3 months. Countless hectares/acres of bushland have burned - about eight times the size of the recent California fires. Devastating for local wildlife, as well as the impact on humans.

Jeeze, fingers crossed for you. It's a bloody scary time.

• edited December 2019

The fires have already released half Australia’s annual carbon emission total and there are fears that regrowth will not be able to sink this due to altered weather patterns.

My sister in law and her family are staying with us as refugees from the Blue Mountains fires. Some Christmas for them...

But the government is focused - on preventing non-dairy milks from being called milk.

We are screwed.

• Most governments are ‘otherwise preoccupied’ with such trivia these days. Popular legend, I know, but Nero and Rome comes to mind - not to demean the seriousness of this. Thinking of you all!

@qryss said:
    The fires have already released half Australia’s annual carbon emission total and there are fears that regrowth will not be able to sink this due to altered weather patterns.

My sister in law and her family are staying with us as refugees from the Blue Mountains fires. Some Christmas for them...

But the government is focused - on preventing non-dairy milks from being called milk.

We are screwed.

• Best wishes to all of you ‘Down-Under’. Keep safe! 🤞

• @ajmiller said:
    Most governments are ‘otherwise preoccupied’ with such trivia these days. Popular legend, I know, but Nero and Rome comes to mind - not to demean the seriousness of this. Thinking of you all!

@qryss said:

We are screwed.

Yep, the public seem to keep electing politicians with the worst environmental policies.

Complete opposite to Australia here - we’ve got floods.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Best wishes to all of you ‘Down-Under’. Keep safe! 🤞

Thanks @Spooky Zoo. Yeah a lot of people are living on the nervous edge because of the scope and intensity of these fires. Areas that never burn are on fire including world heritage rainforests . Places that , in the past, have experienced slow and containable fires are now seeing walls of flame up to 60 to 70 METRES high .
    Meanwhile the government sits on its arse like the Prime Mnister did in Hawaii and acts like senile obscelent Fossil Fools fiddling the coal, gas, woodchip and mining budget while Rome errr Australia burns....

• at2at2
    edited December 2019

• at2at2
    edited December 2019

• This shot just in from Mallaccota.......says it all.... brave young mother .... she ain't gonna wait for the Navy

• edited December 2019

😢

• edited December 2019

Apocalyptic scenes over there, hope all the people effected are safe, it certainly seems to me that we are seeing the effects of climate change around the world with the extremes of weather we are seeing.
    Still don’t worry most of our leaders are convinced it isn’t happening so it must all be ok...

• @CRAKROX said:
    Apocalyptic scenes over there, hope all the people effected are safe, it certainly seems to me that we are seeing the effects of climate change around the world with the extremes of weather we are seeing.
    Still don’t worry most of our leaders are convinced it isn’t happening so it must all be ok...

The rate of change and destructive forces in play in the last few months, climate change can’t reasonably be denied. The leaders seem incapable of acting, either because the measures needed will be very constraining and unpopular or, cynically they feel they will be least affected, and the poorest and least enfranchised are the ones that will bear the brunt. Personally, I think we will all be affected.

• What a horror show. Plenty of fires in Portugal these last few years which are always scary, but the scale of this thing is just nutso. Love and luck and clean, fresh rainwater to all you Ozfolk.

• I fear this and many other recent events will pale for what the future holds, I only hope for the safety of those affected and the eyes opening for those not affected yet.

• @Tickletiger said:

@CRAKROX said:

The rate of change and destructive forces in play in the last few months, climate change can’t reasonably be denied. The leaders seem incapable of acting, either because the measures needed will be very constraining and unpopular

I think there are likely massive difficulties in how one could even measure, calculate and budget the measures needed.

• It looks like how I imagine hell to be. Thinking of all peoples out there - try to stay safe.