Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 - BUGS (on topic)

Comments

• Importing c 2 projects still leaves audio files empty. Have to maually import them then find them in the arranger screen and replace, one by one.
    Using 3.0.2

Ipad 6th 13.4

• Just had a crash and three midi tracks were all lost on restart of Cubasis 3. @Lars can the team please create an option to do a Save as or manual save forbusers to save anytime rather thannauto save. The autosave didn’t save my recording. Please consider this.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Just had a crash and three midi tracks were all lost on restart of Cubasis 3. @Lars can the team please create an option to do a Save as or manual save forbusers to save anytime rather thannauto save. The autosave didn’t save my recording. Please consider this.

Hi there.normally when this happens, you can find the deleted events/tracks in the bin.double check in there.
    For save as, you can use the Duplicate button in media bay.

@LFS Would be nice to have a save as button, instead of the duplicate button, it would make it easy for people to understand 😊

• edited April 2020

Well, sorry, here is another one:

Summary/Title
    Fade out is not working

Description
    I made a project with some different AU instruments and some internal Cubasis instruments. Tried to fade out the instruments at the end of the song with the little white square "buttons" in every midi track. See picture below.

Expected Results
    Instruments / song should fade out

Actual Results
    No fade out. Volume stays the same until the end. On every instrument. (tried fade in, too. Which also doesn't work)

Environment
    iPad Pro 12,? (the big one) from early 2018, iOS 13.4, Cubasis 3.0.2

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Just had a crash and three midi tracks were all lost on restart of Cubasis 3. @Lars can the team please create an option to do a Save as or manual save forbusers to save anytime rather thannauto save. The autosave didn’t save my recording. Please consider this.

Absolutely agree! Instead of auto saving everything when you close the app or it crashes, give us a dialog that ask if you would like to save the project before you quit, this is how I’ve worked for years on desktop computer DAW’s .. and one of my biggest pet peeves on IOS.

• I had noticed as soon as i UPDATED my iOS to 13.4 as soon as CUBASIS 3 launched it immediately Crashed.
    I narrowed it down to some USB Midi Device. Unplugged the Device and Cubasis would Launch Fine, until I plugged back in some USB Midi Device, CRASH.

Next I noticed another iOS update 13.4.1 . Updated and Now CUBASIS 3 crashes on More USB Midi Devices not just the 1 previous.

I believe there must be a BUG in CUBASIS 3 related to how iOS handles USB Devices and USB Hubs or what not.

Anyone experience this???

• @Deee2theVeee said:
    I had noticed as soon as i UPDATED my iOS to 13.4 as soon as CUBASIS 3 launched it immediately Crashed.
    I narrowed it down to some USB Midi Device. Unplugged the Device and Cubasis would Launch Fine, until I plugged back in some USB Midi Device, CRASH.

Next I noticed another iOS update 13.4.1 . Updated and Now CUBASIS 3 crashes on More USB Midi Devices not just the 1 previous.

I believe there must be a BUG in CUBASIS 3 related to how iOS handles USB Devices and USB Hubs or what not.

Anyone experience this???

Yes

• Cubasis 3 is not really reliably loading AUs or even internal instruments on my iPhone 7. Seems to work fine on my 6th gen iPad.

• Ok, so where are we with this app?????? Do I update to version 3 or stick with version 2 for now? I’m still on an IPad Air 2 and an IPhone 8 Plus, and as much as I appreciate Cubasis 3 having groups and a full screen mixer I can export stems to Auria Pro and mix but I kinda think I’d like having Cubasis 3 on my IPhone if it’s stable. I’m seeing a lot of not so great reviews on the App Store. IDK, maybe some updates are on the way? I want to get it today bit I’m so conflicted.

• mix down with effect tail. I do this as I had a frozen track that kep disappearing. With tail often, unpredictably, results in an exported track roughly twice the length of the recorded track. Seems to be regardless of effects used.

• As a new Cubasis 3 owner, I'd really appreciate it if those of us who are new users could get access to Cubasis 2 so we have a much more stable app on which to work.

I (like many others) are afraid to create a major project on 3 with so many serious bugs still active.

I don't see how this would in any way damage Cubasis' profit margins, while providing a massive good will gift to those of us who took a chance and made a big gamble.

Would that not be a positive solution, @Lars???

Thank you.

• Yikes...sooooo I pulled the trigger, I’m liking the new features but performance and bug wise it feels like a down grade from version 2. Oh well, hopefully at some point it will get worked out and feel like an upgrade

• I’m patiently waiting to be able to move entirely to iphone for mY production but can’t do that till this is a little more solid. Definitely easy to use on the phone

• @Strizbiz said:
    Yikes...sooooo I pulled the trigger, I’m liking the new features but performance and bug wise it feels like a down grade from version 2. Oh well, hopefully at some point it will get worked out and feel like an upgrade

I’m on the fence. What kinda issues have you noticed?

• edited May 2020

@klattgalvin said:

@Strizbiz said:
    Yikes...sooooo I pulled the trigger, I’m liking the new features but performance and bug wise it feels like a down grade from version 2. Oh well, hopefully at some point it will get worked out and feel like an upgrade

This is the biggest frustration for me. It happens on my two 2017 ipads (Base and 10.5 pro). but not my wifes 2019 base model. Say lavvy.

Ps. Sorry for repost!

• edited May 2020

@klattgalvin said:

@Strizbiz said:

I haven’t dived too deep having just bought it yesterday but so far it has to do with audio just getting really distorted or dropping out, I had a song with just four tracks and I quantized the drum track , I used EG Pulse for drums and after hitting the quantize button all the other tracks just sounded mangled and kinda glitchy and distorted sounding and the drum track just dropped out all together and didn’t play at all. Restarting Cubasis 3 seemed to work but I added a few more tracks and at various stages I got the same glitchy distortion.
    I just find Cubasis 2 more stable atm
    Tbh I thought about asking for a refund but I guess I’m going to just wait and hope everything gets worked out but knowing what I know now I would have waited till then before I bought it.

• edited May 2020

@AudioGus yeah same here on ipad gen6... so frustrating .. deleted cb3 until i get a new ipad air 3

• I do like it and it has greatly sped up my iPhone workflow but it does seem to struggle unreasonably hard with AUs. I mainly use it to arrange and mix and master audio so I’m not using instruments often. I’m managing for effects by freezing which helps but sometimes the freezes can come out messed up. No other DAW I use struggles like that and shouldn’t because I’m on an 11 so I have plenty of power. Since it’s a new app maybe some developers need to update their apps to work better with it but I’m not much of a programmer so I don’t know. Even with the shortcomings though, it has still improved my workflow a ton and sped some things up

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

@SNystrom said:
    As a new Cubasis 3 owner, I'd really appreciate it if those of us who are new users could get access to Cubasis 2 so we have a much more stable app on which to work.

I (like many others) are afraid to create a major project on 3 with so many serious bugs still active.

I don't see how this would in any way damage Cubasis' profit margins, while providing a massive good will gift to those of us who took a chance and made a big gamble.

Thank you.

That isn't possible with the App Store mechanics. The only way would be for them to give out individual promo codes. I think there may be some limitation on the number of promo codes they can hand out. Also, they get no data whatever on who has purchased their app from the App Store, so they couldn't do that en-masse even if it were possible.

BTW, it's @LFS, not @Lars. Can't hurt to ask them if they can help you out individually, but a global solution isn't possible as far as I know.

• @noob said:
    @AudioGus yeah same here on ipad gen6... so frustrating .. deleted cb3 until i get a new ipad air 3

Woah! So someone else has seen this! :hushed:

• Thanks @wim!

It would be nice if they do find a way to do it, but I guess I have other alternatives I can use in the meantime.

I glad to have finally purchased Cubasis, but at this point I just can't trust 3. In my many decades of experience with software upgrades (that are typically downgrades in a number of ways), I should have known better than to jump too soon.

If they find a 2 workaround that would be great. If they can fix all of the 3 bugs soon, that would be better.

If they can finally add multiple time signatures, that would be fantastic!

Untimately I realize Cubasis is a very tiny piece in the Steinberg puzzle, and although the Cubasis engineering team is very passionate, I understand there are limits to what they can accomplish.

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

@SNystrom said:
    Thanks @wim!

It would be nice if they do find a way to do it, but I guess I have other alternatives I can use in the meantime.

The only way that could happen is for them to supply you a Cubasis 2 promo code individually. It's impossible otherwise with the App Store. Can't hurt to ask them, though they would probably want to conduct that privately.

• I’m so disappointed with version 3.

• @knewspeak said:
    I’m so disappointed with version 3.

Hi @knewspeak,

Why you are disappointed with version 3?

We've improved many issues with the recent Cubasis 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 updates.

In addition, please have a look at our available Cubasis Performance article which should be of help, too.

If you encounter issues, please let us know the steps to reproduce them.
    That way, there is chance to see them resolved!

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited May 2020

@Strizbiz said:

@klattgalvin said:

@Strizbiz said:

I haven’t dived too deep having just bought it yesterday but so far it has to do with audio just getting really distorted or dropping out, I had a song with just four tracks and I quantized the drum track , I used EG Pulse for drums and after hitting the quantize button all the other tracks just sounded mangled and kinda glitchy and distorted sounding and the drum track just dropped out all together and didn’t play at all. Restarting Cubasis 3 seemed to work but I added a few more tracks and at various stages I got the same glitchy distortion.
    I just find Cubasis 2 more stable atm
    Tbh I thought about asking for a refund but I guess I’m going to just wait and hope everything gets worked out but knowing what I know now I would have waited till then before I bought it.

Hi @Strizbiz, Hi @klattgalvin, Hi @Fingolfinzzz,

Please note that we've released a dedicated Cubasis performance article, which helps to easily and quickly get around these issues:

Cubasis 3 Performance Issues

Best wishes,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited May 2020

@wim said:

@SNystrom said:
    As a new Cubasis 3 owner, I'd really appreciate it if those of us who are new users could get access to Cubasis 2 so we have a much more stable app on which to work.

Thank you.

That isn't possible with the App Store mechanics. The only way would be for them to give out individual promo codes. I think there may be some limitation on the number of promo codes they can hand out. Also, they get no data whatever on who has purchased their app from the App Store, so they couldn't do that en-masse even if it were possible.

BTW, it's @LFS, not @Lars. Can't hurt to ask them if they can help you out individually, but a global solution isn't possible as far as I know.

Hi @SNystrom, Hi @wim,

Wim is correct here, Apple does not provide options to do this.

We've addressed many user-reported problems via the previous Cubasis 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 updates.
    Please share your findings with us via reproducible steps! That way, we get the chance to resolve them!

Thanks!

Best,
    Lars

• @klattgalvin said:

@Strizbiz said:

Hi @klattgalvin,

As mentioned above, please check the following forum article Cubasis 3 Performance Issues.

Please let me know if it helps to resolve the current issues.

Best,
    Lars

• Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback. I already have Cubasis 2, but would really like to have it on my IPhone, as well. $50 is still a bitter pill to swallow...I wish I’d of caught it when it was on sale.

• Sharing a Cubasis3 File with a Freeze Track incorrectly inserts the Freeze Audio Track in the wrong folder when Zipped.

Cubasis3 3.0.2 Ipad 7th Generation IOS 13 128GB

• @AudioGus said:

@noob said:

Woah! So someone else has seen this! :hushed:

I have that issue too. I just thought it was the way it was....it drives me nuts.