Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SunVox 1.9.5 Soon!

Comments

• Great, I wonder if it'll be the AU update in v2 or this update.. Or it might be a new separate release...
    How long does the last 5% usually last? :D

• @Carnbot said:
    Great, I wonder if it'll be the AU update in v2 or this update.. Or it might be a new separate release...
    How long does the last 5% usually last? :D

Probably AU will be new release. Like with VirtualANS 3
    We already got loads of updates for free as-is :lol:

• I wonder if it will have sample slicing nirvana added as the dev said he's considering it!!

• 1.9.5 beta includes AUv3 compatibility:

SunVox 1.9.5 BETA1 is ready for testing!
    http://warmplace.ru/temp/sunvox-1.9.5-beta1b.zip
    Supported systems: Windows, Linux, macOS, WinCE.

What is new:
    Android 6+: USB MIDI support;
    Android: arm64 and x86_64 support; Android 2.3 support has been dropped; now the minimum is 4.1;
    Android: now the SunVox remains in the background after you close the window; if you want to completely unload the app - use the EXIT menu item or the BACK button;
    iOS: Audio Unit Extension (AUv3 instrument) has been added - SunVox can now be used inside any AU host;
    iOS: Main menu -> Export/import: additional export/import functions provided by the system;
    full support of 65534 modules per project and 32 tracks per pattern;
    optimization of graphic and sound engines;
    Distortion: new type "overflow2" (symmetrical overflow);
    Loop: incoming notes (Note ON commands) restart the loop;
    Delay now also delays the incoming events (note, pitch, phase, velocity);
    MultiSynth: new option "Generate missed Note OFF cmds";
    Pattern Editor: new function "Cyclic shift";
    new pattern effects (column EE):
    15 - change the relative note and finetune of the module; XX - relative note (00 - ignore; 01 = -127; 80 = 0; FF = 127); YY - finetune (00 - ignore; 01 = one semitone lower; 80 = 0; FF = one semitone higher);
    31 - jump to line XXYY (address) right after the end of the current line;
    32 - set jump address mode: 0 - absolute address, relative to the start of the timeline (default); 1 - ( pattern beginning + address ); 2 - ( pattern beginning - address ); 3 - ( next line + address ); 4 - ( next line - address );
    new pattern effects that irreversibly change the contents:
    38 - delete an event on track XX with a probability of YY (00..FF(100%)); see simple_examples/pat effect 38 self destructive.sunvox
    39 - cyclic shift of track XX down by YY lines;
    3A - generate a new iteration of YY-line polyrhythm on track XX; see simple_examples/pat effect 3A polyrhythm.sunvox;
    3B - copy track XX to a pattern named YY;
    MutliCtl, Sound2Ctl, Pitch2Ctl, Velocity2Ctl: "OUT Controller" range has been increased to 255, so now it's also possible to address the MIDI controllers (CC0 = 128, CC1 = 129, ...) of the connected module(s);
    new module visualization settings: background options (outline/fill), level scale (linear/logarithmic(dB)/RMS), peak meter;
    Preferences -> Main: new option "Autosave" (disabled by default);
    Preferences -> MIDI: "Module preview channel" - MIDI channel that will be used to receive notes during module pre-listening (when selecting a file);
    Preferences -> Timeline: new option "Hexadecimal line numbers";
    Preferences -> Interface -> Shortcuts: delete buttons [x] have been added;
    improved text fields (long text scrolling has been added) + improved virtual text keyboard;
    simple copy/paste (ctrl+c/v) in all text fields;
    Wi-Fi export/import: additional file information fields: size and modification date/time;
    export to WAV: new mode "File per module (connected to selected)" - export modules connected (as sources) to the selected module;
    new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + 7 - cyclic shift up (for the selected region in the pattern editor);
    new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + 8 - cyclic shift down;
    new command-line option "-?" for help (show usage with all possible options);
    new command-line options: "-v " - set volume; "-t " - jump to the specified position of the timeline; "-p" - play;
    new command-line options: "-of " - set output format (wav16 (default) or wav32); "-o " - output to file;
    new instruments and effects from other users (see the instruments and effects folders);
    new examples (SunVox Compo 2019.03 winners): Trackerbound - its over now; make a wish; Logickin Lambda - Soar Beyond; manganoid - Dash of Wind;
    new examples: NightRadio - 5100, 5101, 5102, Sines of Night; Manwe - Aquar.io Ambient; Philip Bergwerf - Venaya;
    updated version of SunVox library for developers;
    bug fixes;
    something else in the final release...

• @silent1 Excellent info! Thanks for sharing 😺🎛🌈

• “ iOS: Audio Unit Extension (AUv3 instrument) has been added - SunVox can now be used inside any AU host;”

Holy Mackerel! 🤯

• Yeah looking forward to this :) looks like audio input won't be in this version, midi in and out as an AUv3 instrument will be great though.

• We truly live at the peak of human existence.

• Truly revolutionary™️ times for A_d_o Un__s 😉

• Well that’s incredible

• ¡¡¡ SSS____NNNVVV____XXX !!!

• This is a major update of an already excellent app.

• I’m still not clear on this AU3 incomprehensible mess, but does this mean that SunVox can be inside another app, or that another app can be inside SunVox?

• edited January 2020

I purchased it some time ago but didn’t use it yet. The GUI is a work of art and the demo songs are very (!) good. For what I remember you can’t save sounds as a preset right?? There also isn’t a preset browser, you have to re-create your sounds everytime you start a project… Thats a big drawback for me, I want to start making music right away...

• @SlowwFloww said:
    I purchased it but didn’t use it yet. The GUI is a work of art and the demo songs are very (!) good. For what I remember you can’t save sounds as a preset right?? There also isn’t a preset browser, you have to re-create your sounds everytime you start a project… Thats a big drawback for me, I want to start making music right away, I dont want to spend time over and over to create my synth sounds..

You really have to do away with traditional ways of thinking when you use Sunvox.

There is no "preset" browser, but there's a file browser and you can save any module setup as a MetaModule, and you can preview MetaModules right from the file browser.

So yes, Sunvox has presets, and yes, it has a preset browser, and no, you don't have to recreate all sounds from scratch all the time.

(I hate to make an ad for the competition but yeah, Sunvox is pretty good 🙂)

• edited January 2020

Ah that's great to hear!

When I listen to the demo songs it really makes me want to master the app... the tracker UI seems a bit complicated tough.. But like I said, I really like the GUI... that flexible scaling is beautiful. Another thing I really like is that I bought it for Android as well.. I like apps that can be used on different platforms.

@SevenSystems said:

@SlowwFloww said:
    I purchased it but didn’t use it yet. The GUI is a work of art and the demo songs are very (!) good. For what I remember you can’t save sounds as a preset right?? There also isn’t a preset browser, you have to re-create your sounds everytime you start a project… Thats a big drawback for me, I want to start making music right away, I dont want to spend time over and over to create my synth sounds..

You really have to do away with traditional ways of thinking when you use Sunvox.

There is no "preset" browser, but there's a file browser and you can save any module setup as a MetaModule, and you can preview MetaModules right from the file browser.

So yes, Sunvox has presets, and yes, it has a preset browser, and no, you don't have to recreate all sounds from scratch all the time.

• @SlowwFloww said:
    Ah that's great to hear!

When I listen to the demo songs it really makes me want to master the app... the tracker UI seems a bit complicated tough.. But like I said, I really like the GUI... that flexible scaling is beautiful. Another thing I really like is that I bought it for Android as well.. I like apps that can be used on different platforms.

@SevenSystems said:

@SlowwFloww said:

Yeah the tracker takes getting used to, but the good thing about AUv3 is that it'll make working with other sequencers and synths much easier in hosts, you don't necessarily need to use the tracker that much. You could use it to record and playback midi patterns from other sequencers to AUv3 instruments for example.

• I’ve wanted to love it for years and years now but I can’t get past how chiptune everything sounds. I know it can do more, but are there any really shining examples? How does it fare with samples and cutting up loops?

• That aside, the work the dev has done over the years is incredible. This is quite an achievement. Also Fractal Bits is amazing lol :)

• @iammane said:
    I’ve wanted to love it for years and years now but I can’t get past how chiptune everything sounds. I know it can do more, but are there any really shining examples? How does it fare with samples and cutting up loops?

This song sold it to me

I just love how the reverb fades in from the melodic line at the beginning. Such a beautiful sound!

• edited January 2020

@SlowwFloww said:
    Ah that's great to hear!

When I listen to the demo songs it really makes me want to master the app... the tracker UI seems a bit complicated tough..

Yah a tracker UI is not a very good fit for a modern environment, especially one without a keyboard 🙂 But Sunvox and Xequence are a great combo! (Sunvox has full multitimbral MIDI input and each MIDI channel can be assigned to any number of modules, including full controller mapping to any parameter.)

• @SevenSystems said:

@SlowwFloww said:
    Ah that's great to hear!

When I listen to the demo songs it really makes me want to master the app... the tracker UI seems a bit complicated tough..

Yah a tracker UI is not a very good fit for a modern environment, especially one without a keyboard 🙂 But Sunvox and Xequence are a great combo! (Sunvox has full multitimbral MIDI input and each MIDI channel can be assigned to any number of modules, including full controller mapping to any parameter.)

Are any of your Xequenced SunVox tracks available for listening?

• @espiegel123 said:

@SevenSystems said:

@SlowwFloww said:
    Ah that's great to hear!

Are any of your Xequenced SunVox tracks available for listening?

Sorry, no finished tracks... but I dabbled enough to know that it works quite well as long as you don't send too many events at once (I think the hard limit in Sunvox is 32 events per line, though that might have been lifted since. Essentially, when Sunvox receives MIDI, it stuffs it into an invisible pattern that cannot contain more than 32 columns, like any other pattern.).

• I’m definitely going to give this a spin again when AUv3. The modularity of it and how lean it runs is amazing

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

@u0421793 said:
    I’m still not clear on this AU3 incomprehensible mess, but does this mean that SunVox can be inside another app, or that another app can be inside SunVox?

It means that SunVox can run inside another host.

It also means it should save and restore its state whenever that host project is closed / opened, without having to load projects or make any settings. Lastly, it should mean that multiple instances can be used. (I say “should” for these two because it depends on whether those features are fully implemented. They almost always are.)

Oh, and it means that it will no longer rely on IAA technology flagged as possibly being unsupported some time down the road.

• Just read that AUv3 audio effect is planned to be added in an update too :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Just read that AUv3 audio effect is planned to be added in an update too :)

I didn’t NEED PixiTracker but the forthcoming update and news like this deserves due reward ...

• edited January 2020

@TheVimFuego said:
    I didn’t NEED PixiTracker but the forthcoming update and news like this deserves due reward ...

You can send your pixitracker stuff for further development in SunVox... so, it's a great pairing :lol:

@iammane said:
    but are there any really shining examples?

Check one of the Best Of sets Alexander posts on his soundcloud. Some great songs there
    (Pasted a specific one because can't paste a link to the sets page)

@SevenSystems said:

Although you already mentioned pairing it with Xequence, I would like to reinforce that is an awesome option. And good for those afraid of trackers. Also, Xequence + Sunvox is really light as my go-to on an ol' iPad Mini 2 :sunglasses:

• @senhorlampada Yes, super easy to export to SunVox, great as a sketchpad. I like the built in sampler too. Don’t know how it passed me by now.