Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gospel Musicians Launches IMPULSation on Sale for $6.99

Comments

• I’m able to import impulses from iCloud or On My IPad, but all file providers such as AudioShare and Dropbox are inaccessible. So I needed to copy folders with the IRs into the app folder Using the files app. Kind of a pain, but works.

• @wim said:
    I’m able to import impulses from iCloud or On My IPad, but all file providers such as AudioShare and Dropbox are inaccessible. So I needed to copy folders with the IRs into the app folder Using the files app. Kind of a pain, but works.

Heya Wim are you on sub-iPadOS doing this?
    I haven't had a chance to test with my own IRs yet and am on the latest ios12..

• @cuezaireekaa said:

@Dutchee said:

@Harro said:

@richardyot said:

@richardyot said:
    @GospelMusicians how do you import your own IRs into the app? I can’t figure it out.

I still haven't figured this out - can anyone help?

1. Make a folder on your iCloud Drive (fe. 'IRs');
    2. make a folder for your downloaded IR's (fe. 'Fender twin cabinets') and copy your IR's into that folder;
    3. copy that folder ('Fender Twin cabinets') to the folder (IRs) on your iCloud Drive;
    4. open IMPULSation standalone and tap on the IR's dropdownbox (not the presets dropdown!);
    5. make a new library there and select that library
    6. tap on IMPORT and go to the iCoud folder (IRs) and tap on the folder you made there ('Fender Twin cabinets);
    7. tap Ready in the top right corner of that last screen and then your IR's are imported as a BANK with the name of your imported folder ('Fender twin cabinets');
    8. ready....

Does this only work in iOS 13? I am trying these steps in iOS12.4 and it just won’t let me import any of my IR’s into the app. All my individual IR files are greyed out when i browse through my IR folder using the inport button, no matter which bitrate folder i choose. And i can’t select an entire folder of IRs either to import as a bank as you write. I am truly confused how to even import any IR Into this app using iOS 12 on an iPad. If have tons or IR cab impulses from professional sources on my iPad and none of them i can use with this app. I don’t know if i am doing something wrong or this function isn’t that well implemented yet for any pre-iOS13 systems...

I'm having this exact same issue

Yes me too. I'm still on iOS 12.4 so that may be the issue.

• @Proppa said:

@wim said:
    I’m able to import impulses from iCloud or On My IPad, but all file providers such as AudioShare and Dropbox are inaccessible. So I needed to copy folders with the IRs into the app folder Using the files app. Kind of a pain, but works.

Heya Wim are you on sub-iPadOS doing this?
    I haven't had a chance to test with my own IRs yet and am on the latest ios12..

Nope, I’m on 13.3.

• @wim said:

Nope, I’m on 13.3.

Ok thanks.

• @wim said:

You find this list also In the IOS settings app for IMPULSation, where you can choose a default storage location. But it does not work! Only iCoud Drive and On My iPad do... Bug?

• Sorry that I still don’t get it. May be the Holiday Season...?!?
    I have iFX rack and there the fantasy reverb. Knobwise and sounddesignwise... can give me this app more? Or is it the absolute same algo and IRs and knobs and Settings and stuff EXCEPT I can load my own IRs in here?

And: using Cab IRs. How does this work as a AMP Cab IR loader, when the algorithm is a verb? Thanks for letting me in, friends.

• If anyone has Amp Cabinet IR links to share, don't be shy. I struggle to find them. The internet if full of broken links I notice.

• Oh, also: can the IR files purchased in Auria be used in any way in IMPULSation? I notice I can see the separate IR files in the Files app, and thus should be able to copy/paste them somewhere else...

• @wim said:

@Gratouilli said:
    Is this app a "better solution" to load IR guitar Cabs then iConvolver ?

Well, to start with it’s an AU, so you can use more than one instance and the state is saved with the host project so that you immediately get back to where you started when you open the project.

Ok, thanks for the info. I never use more than one instance with, most of the time, the exact same IR loaded ; so I think I probably don't need it 🤔...
    @flo26, what's your opinion on this one ?

• It looks like the IR import only works with iOS 13. On iOS 12.4 if you use the "Import" button it opens the Files app but never gives the option to actually import anything, folders can't be imported and nor can files, and the "Ready" button simply never appears:

• @hellquist said:
    If anyone has Amp Cabinet IR links to share, don't be shy. I struggle to find them. The internet if full of broken links I notice.

See: https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2010/10/01/free-sample-shootout-6-best-free-guitar-cabinet-impulse-responses/

• @Gratouilli said:

@wim said:

@Gratouilli said:
    Is this app a "better solution" to load IR guitar Cabs then iConvolver ?

Well, to start with it’s an AU, so you can use more than one instance and the state is saved with the host project so that you immediately get back to where you started when you open the project.

Ok, thanks for the info. I never use more than one instance with, most of the time, the exact same IR loaded ; so I think I probably don't need it 🤔...
    @flo26, what's your opinion on this one ?

Sorry,can't help for now.I have not bought it 😉.

• @flo26, ok, it's a kind of answer 😁 : if not bought = not needed 😉

• @hellquist said:
    If anyone has Amp Cabinet IR links to share, don't be shy. I struggle to find them. The internet if full of broken links I notice.

Go to the ownhammer website. They have a free Mesa boogie cabinet IR set that is free.

• This sounds so lush. Loving some of the included IRs. Importing is working on 13.2 for me.

It would be helpful to see the length of the IRs in the UI.

• I've just updated to iOS 13.3 (bye bye Line 6 Sonic Port), and I can confirm that the import issue only affects iOS 12, in iOS13 the files import without issue.

Also a heads-up, the excellent Samplicity IR files are no longer available, so if anyone wants to grab them the only way is to use the Wayback Machine, grab them while you still can:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190201211631/http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-impulse-responses/

I haven't tested them yet with Impulstation but I assume they will work.

• Thanks for the links @Harro and @richardyot. I purchased the app and have downloaded literally thousands of cabinet IR's now. I have my work cut out for me in sorting it all out, but so far in initial tests with my guitar, which I send into AUM -> Stereo Lab -> iFX Rack -> IMPULSation it sounds extremely usable for all kinds of tones, both distorted and clean, and not an IAA anywhere in the chain. Very promising indeed. Shall fiddle around some more. :)

• Sorry that I still don’t get it. May be the Holiday Season...?!?
    I have iFX rack and there the fantasy reverb. Knobwise and sounddesignwise... can give me this app more? Or is it the absolute same algo and IRs and knobs and Settings and stuff EXCEPT I can load my own IRs in here?

And: using Cab IRs. How does this work as a AMP Cab IR loader, when the algorithm is a verb? Thanks for letting me in, friends.

• @david_2017 said:
    Sorry that I still don’t get it. May be the Holiday Season...?!?

It's possible this app will have high-pass and low-pass filters, which the iFX version won't have, and also I think having a dedicated app is just a lot cleaner and easier to organise if you plan on loading your own IRs.

As for the Algorithm, this will work just fine with amp cab IRs, you can load cab IRs into reverb IRs without issue (just turn the wet up to max and the dry to zero).

• @richardyot said:

@david_2017 said:
    Sorry that I still don’t get it. May be the Holiday Season...?!?

It's possible this app will have high-pass and low-pass filters, which the iFX version won't have, and also I think having a dedicated app is just a lot cleaner and easier to organise if you plan on loading your own IRs.

As for the Algorithm, this will work just fine with amp cab IRs, you can load cab IRs into reverb IRs without issue (just turn the wet up to max and the dry to zero).

Thanks man. Helped a lot!!!

• @hellquist said:
    Thanks for the links @Harro and @richardyot. I purchased the app and have downloaded literally thousands of cabinet IR's now. I have my work cut out for me in sorting it all out, but so far in initial tests with my guitar, which I send into AUM -> Stereo Lab -> iFX Rack -> IMPULSation it sounds extremely usable for all kinds of tones, both distorted and clean, and not an IAA anywhere in the chain. Very promising indeed. Shall fiddle around some more. :)

Would you willing to share those IRs on Dropbox? Pretty please.

• @auxmux said:

@hellquist said:
    Thanks for the links @Harro and @richardyot. I purchased the app and have downloaded literally thousands of cabinet IR's now. I have my work cut out for me in sorting it all out, but so far in initial tests with my guitar, which I send into AUM -> Stereo Lab -> iFX Rack -> IMPULSation it sounds extremely usable for all kinds of tones, both distorted and clean, and not an IAA anywhere in the chain. Very promising indeed. Shall fiddle around some more. :)

Aye, can do. I'm out and about right now but will drop them into Dropbox and send you a link, later.

• Will this become an universal build with some updates @GospelMusicians

I am searching for an ultra portable guitar jamming thing, as I made too much room for the Christmas tree 🎄 🙈
    So this would be a future proof solution ;)

• @hellquist said:

@auxmux said:

@hellquist said:

Aye, can do. I'm out and about right now but will drop them into Dropbox and send you a link, later.

Awesome, thank you!

• @richardyot said:
    It looks like the IR import only works with iOS 13. On iOS 12.4 if you use the "Import" button it opens the Files app but never gives the option to actually import anything, folders can't be imported and nor can files, and the "Ready" button simply never appears:

@GospelMusicians - is importing for iOS 12 a bug, and if so, is there an ETA to fix?

I bought the plug-in today then discovered its inability to import....

• Anyone on Air2 can test CPU usage on 64 sample buffer ?

• Updates Coming

1. Post filter with all of the filter types LPF, BPF, HPF, etc...
    2. Allowance of iOS 12 Users to use the file browser
    3. On/Off Button is now a Bypass and doesn't block the signal. This was a bug
    4. Importing of .wav files (tentative), but should be coming

Things that did not make the cut:
    1. Ability to adjust the start time of the impulse. This can be done by manually cutting the impulse and adjusting the audio
    2. True Stere support - Right now, you load a stereo WAV/AIFF file as the IR. The left channel of the IR goes on the left channel of the input audio, and the right to the right. True stereo would add twice the CPU to do it correctly and we don't want to add this as CPU is precious

We also confirmed that crashes in AUv3 are not because of CPU, rather it's because of the RAM limitations of AUv3. Probably better to start using Busses to route things.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    Updates Coming

1. Post filter with all of the filter types LPF, BPF, HPF, etc...
    2. Allowance of iOS 12 Users to use the file browser
    3. On/Off Button is now a Bypass and doesn't block the signal. This was a bug
    4. Importing of .wav files (tentative), but should be coming

Things that did not make the cut:
    1. Ability to adjust the start time of the impulse. This can be done by manually cutting the impulse and adjusting the audio
    2. True Stere support - Right now, you load a stereo WAV/AIFF file as the IR. The left channel of the IR goes on the left channel of the input audio, and the right to the right. True stereo would add twice the CPU to do it correctly and we don't want to add this as CPU is precious

We also confirmed that crashes in AUv3 are not because of CPU, rather it's because of the RAM limitations of AUv3. Probably better to start using Busses to route things.

Thanks for the update!

• What is the purpose of the Range knob?