Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gospel Musicians Launches IMPULSation on Sale for $6.99

Comments

• @_ki So the Lock feature per the preset is a hard decision to make. The purpose of a preset is to be able to rely on the sound designers ear for the right decay and time. If you want to lock it in, then create a preset, then scroll through the IR Section. When you scroll through the IR Library section then everything is locked and you and easily audition every impulse.

• edited December 2019

@Acoustiman said:
    @GospelMusicians :
    Does the app supports true stereo impulse responses?

I'm pretty sure of it, but let me double check with the dev.

• @GospelMusicians thanks for making such a great app! A couple of feature requests in case you still have the budget to devote some additional dev time to make this great plugin even better:

1) Ability to move the start of the IR backwards and forwards

2) A simple Low-Pass filter controlled with a dial

3) A simple High-Pass filter controlled with a dial

• @GospelMusicians said:

@Acoustiman said:
    @GospelMusicians :

We actually did have the filter in there, but opted for the visual of the impulse....we may consider this. I will ask if changing the start time is possible. These are valid and reasonable requests.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@Acoustiman said:
    @GospelMusicians :

We actually did have the filter in there, but opted for the visual of the impulse....we may consider this. I will ask if changing the start time is possible. These are valid and reasonable requests. Need to speak with the dev first.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    We actually did have the filter in there, but opted for the visual of the impulse....we may consider this. I will ask if changing the start time is possible. These are valid and reasonable requests. Need to speak with the dev first.

Thanks for considering it! A Low-Pass filter is more or less essential in a reverb for me :)

• @richardyot said:

@GospelMusicians said:

Thanks for considering it! A Low-Pass filter is more or less essential in a reverb for me :)

and the highpass for me ;-)

• @RockySmalls said:

@richardyot said:

@GospelMusicians said:

Yes, you need both! The highpass to clear up any low-end mud that might be added by the reverb and the lowpass to tame any nasty metallic ringing or sibilance.

• @GospelMusicians sorry to ask since I know that is written.
    But for those who ho has already complete IFX Rack (fantasyverb has the same preset but less controls on reverb parameters) it would be good to buy this as standalone or do we better wait for IFX rack IAP that You have mentioned?
    Thanks.

• edited December 2019

@Charlesalbert said:
    @GospelMusicians sorry to ask since I know that is written.
    But for those who ho has already complete IFX Rack (fantasyverb has the same preset but less controls on reverb parameters) it would be good to buy this as standalone or do we better wait for IFX rack IAP that You have mentioned?
    Thanks.

IMPULSation is coming for iFX rack as an IAP minus the presets and possible filter. It’ll just be a way to load custom IRs.

• Thanks @GospelMusicians. Iso I’m gonna buy the standalone, as I like it so much.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Thanks @GospelMusicians. Iso I’m gonna buy the standalone, as I like it so much.

Thanks so much

• @richardyot said:

@RockySmalls said:

@richardyot said:

@GospelMusicians said:

Yes, you need both! The highpass to clear up any low-end mud that might be added by the reverb and the lowpass to tame any nasty metallic ringing or sibilance.

aawww! i was lovin that nasty metallic xmas bellringing.. it was keeping the carol singers away.. and you had to go and put a dampener on it!!

• @dendy just to prove that last iPad pro has some problem with music production, mine is crashing with only 6 istances of reverb loaded in AUM😂

• @dendy: how is the CPU with long reverbs in a few instances? This might be a way to compare relative CPU.

• You have to understand that Convolution Reverbs are very cpu intensive. There is a Upper limit on cpu code optimizations. 5-6 instances is great. Even desktops have to be careful. It’s the nature of convolution.

As with any production, always consider bouncing.

• edited December 2019

@GospelMusicians said:
    You have to understand that Convolution Reverbs are very cpu intensive. There is a Upper limit on cpu code optimizations. 5-6 instances is great. Even desktops have to be careful. It’s the nature of convolution.

As with any production, always consider bouncing.

You should not underestimate your code ;-) A12 is really powerfull CPU... with 12-14 instances (default preset) it's still somewhere around 20% - so it crashes probably because of some memory related AUv3 limitation, not because of CPU limit..

Only problem is that with such low CPU load this CPU is not running at it's full power (well known cpu polling issue) - that's why you need to run many many instances, to be around 80%, to get some reliable numbers...

• @GospelMusicians any possibility of a Pitch control for loaded impulses?

• @Proppa said:
    @GospelMusicians any possibility of a Pitch control for loaded impulses?

Probably not, but a filter is definitely plausible.

• @palms said:
    @GospelMusicians thank you for bringing this to fruition.

Exactly the convolution I've been dreaming of. A simple to use IR loader! Looks great, sounds great! What more could anyone ask for?

iPhone version.

• I am tempted to buy this one but I already have Rooms! Convolution. An IR is an IR no? What is different with IMPULSation?

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@cuscolima said:
    I am tempted to buy this one but I already have Rooms! Convolution. An IR is an IR no? What is different with IMPULSation?

More controls over the sound. Not butt ugly.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@Proppa said:
    @GospelMusicians any possibility of a Pitch control for loaded impulses?

Probably not, but a filter is definitely plausible.

Got you. And high / low filtering would be an extremely useful addition. Thanks again for the app!

• Is this app a "better solution" to load IR guitar Cabs then iConvolver ?

• edited December 2019

@Harro said:

@richardyot said:

@richardyot said:
    @GospelMusicians how do you import your own IRs into the app? I can’t figure it out.

I still haven't figured this out - can anyone help?

1. Make a folder on your iCloud Drive (fe. 'IRs');
    2. make a folder for your downloaded IR's (fe. 'Fender twin cabinets') and copy your IR's into that folder;
    3. copy that folder ('Fender Twin cabinets') to the folder (IRs) on your iCloud Drive;
    4. open IMPULSation standalone and tap on the IR's dropdownbox (not the presets dropdown!);
    5. make a new library there and select that library
    6. tap on IMPORT and go to the iCoud folder (IRs) and tap on the folder you made there ('Fender Twin cabinets);
    7. tap Ready in the top right corner of that last screen and then your IR's are imported as a BANK with the name of your imported folder ('Fender twin cabinets');
    8. ready....

Does this only work in iOS 13? I am trying these steps in iOS12.4 and it just won’t let me import any of my IR’s into the app. All my individual IR files are greyed out when i browse through my IR folder using the inport button, no matter which bitrate folder i choose. And i can’t select an entire folder of IRs either to import as a bank as you write. I am truly confused how to even import any IR Into this app using iOS 12 on an iPad. If have tons or IR cab impulses from professional sources on my iPad and none of them i can use with this app. I don’t know if i am doing something wrong or this function isn’t that well implemented yet for any pre-iOS13 systems...

• Was so looking forward to this and so bummed it's ipad only. Fingers crossed for JAX app.

• @Gratouilli said:
    Is this app a "better solution" to load IR guitar Cabs then iConvolver ?

Well, to start with it’s an AU, so you can use more than one instance and the state is saved with the host project so that you immediately get back to where you started when you open the project.

• @Dutchee said:

@Harro said:

@richardyot said:

@richardyot said:
    @GospelMusicians how do you import your own IRs into the app? I can’t figure it out.

I still haven't figured this out - can anyone help?

1. Make a folder on your iCloud Drive (fe. 'IRs');
    2. make a folder for your downloaded IR's (fe. 'Fender twin cabinets') and copy your IR's into that folder;
    3. copy that folder ('Fender Twin cabinets') to the folder (IRs) on your iCloud Drive;
    4. open IMPULSation standalone and tap on the IR's dropdownbox (not the presets dropdown!);
    5. make a new library there and select that library
    6. tap on IMPORT and go to the iCoud folder (IRs) and tap on the folder you made there ('Fender Twin cabinets);
    7. tap Ready in the top right corner of that last screen and then your IR's are imported as a BANK with the name of your imported folder ('Fender twin cabinets');
    8. ready....

Does this only work in iOS 13? I am trying these steps in iOS12.4 and it just won’t let me import any of my IR’s into the app. All my individual IR files are greyed out when i browse through my IR folder using the inport button, no matter which bitrate folder i choose. And i can’t select an entire folder of IRs either to import as a bank as you write. I am truly confused how to even import any IR Into this app using iOS 12 on an iPad. If have tons or IR cab impulses from professional sources on my iPad and none of them i can use with this app. I don’t know if i am doing something wrong or this function isn’t that well implemented yet for any pre-iOS13 systems...

I'm having this exact same issue

• It seems to me like the Off button on this should bypass the reverb, but still allow the dry signal through. Right now it cuts off everything.

• @hisdudeness said:
    What sample resolution is this ?
    For example can I load impulses from 3 sigma audio? 2048/1024 for acoustic ??