Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gospel Musicians Launches IMPULSation on Sale for $6.99

Comments

• @GospelMusicians said:

@flo26 said:
    Will this work for loading ir cabs?
    @GospelMusicians ?
    Thanks!

Definitely.....the trick is to Take the Wet all the way to 100% and take the Dry down to 0% to hear the full Cab's effectiveness. Then use the output for the gain.

Sure!
    Thanks!

• ATTENTION iFX Rack Users:

The default reverbs are the ones from the FantasyVerb
    We will be offering a paid IAP option to import impulses.

Does this mean I don’t need this if I have a fully loaded iFX Rack?

• Smart move! Listening to the community rocks. 😀

Finally a convolution reverb as an AUv3. And I am a algorithmic reverb whore for sure. Bought, thx and bye bye.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@dpeace said:
    ATTENTION iFX Rack Users:

1. You can't import your own impulses into iFX Rack. You can with IMPULSation
    2. In iFX rack you have only Wet, Dry, and Decay controls. IMPULSation has more control.

If you're happy with the impulses available in iFX Rack and don't need the extra control, then you're good.

• I would be curious if someone could compare CPU use of this and the other convolution AUv3 (using the same impulses).

• @espiegel123 said:
    I would be curious if someone could compare CPU use of this and the other convolution AUv3 (using the same impulses).

That's the plan. ;)

• edited December 2019

@wim said:

@dpeace said:

2. In iFX rack you have only Wet, Dry, and Decay controls. IMPULSation has more control.

If you're happy with the impulses available in iFX Rack and don't need the extra control, then you're good.

IMPULSation will be coming to iFX Rack soon. That was the purpose of the Attention and warning. We didn't want the iFX Users to be "blind-sided" when it does come out. IMPULSation for iFX Rack will be a separate IAP so you'll have that ability with iFX Rack.

We didn't release it with this one, because there are still some issues to work out.

• edited December 2019

@wim said:

@supadom said:
    1. Is impulse import possible or will it come via the upcoming IAP?

Wow. Didn't even read the app description or at least skim the thread before asking?
    Yes import is possible. No IAP needed.

Only asking because I found this at the bottom and don’t know what iFX Rack is, but thanks for your answer.

BTW I did read the description and did skim the thread so you’re wrong on both accounts.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@wim said:

@dpeace said:

IMPULSation will be coming to iFX Rack soon. That was the purpose of the Attention and warning. We didn't want the iFX Users to be "blind-sided" when it does come out. IMPULSation for iFX Rack will be a separate IAP so you'll have that ability with iFX Rack.

We didn't release it with this one, because there are still some issues to work out.

Ahhh. That's interesting! I'm really glad you cleared that up. Not sure what to do now though. :D

Any idea whether the IAP will be the same as the intro pricing on this one when it's released?

• edited December 2019

Nice thanks, and bought immediately. I much rather separate AUv3 than messy iAP so the separate plugin works best for me :)

• Well now that I have Cubasis 3 on my iphone, am in need of AUv3s for it :)

Just throwing that in here since I have your ipad AUs and enjoy them quite a bit.

• It’s been like this for the last half an hour

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@AppleHorizon said:
    Well now that I have Cubasis 3 on my iphone, am in need of AUv3s for it :)

Just throwing that in here since I have your ipad AUs and enjoy them quite a bit.

Its a good point. With more setups being capable between iPad and iPhone, it takes more to get me to buy and use iPad only plugins. I like to have the option to transfer projects between devices. Shiny interface graphics for an app with less than a dozen controls aren't worth the tradeoff to me. It puzzles me why developers would choose that over the potential additional customers from having a universal app. But ... I'm not a developer, so that nugget of "wisdom" is worth whatcha paid for it. :D

• @GospelMusicians mind blown / insta-bought / Thank You.

Would adore a Pitch control for the impulses.

• @supadom said:
    It’s been like this for the last half an hour

I think because it was originally listed at 4.99 in error.

• @animalelder said:

@supadom said:
    It’s been like this for the last half an hour

I think because it was originally listed at 4.99 in error.

It says £4.99 in the description.

• @Gravitas said:

@RockySmalls said:

@bato said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@Masanga said:
    Actually even cheaper, at £4.99 – apologies if that's a mistake, or the GBP has inexplicably bounced back…
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/impulsation/id1469723900

Yeah, we used that price during the beta testing stage. I guess it hasn't propagated yet.

Ok, so what about us that bought it just now at the 4.99 price?

Have yet to try it, but just the 200 IRs of reverbs should be worth it. Thank you

well congrats.. you beat the now delayed JAX convoluter pro to the post.. but I’m seeing £4.99 as the uk price which is again not equivalent to $4.99 .. it’s a small thing to quibble about I know, I know..
    almost certainly not yr fault but it does propogate this continuing feeling that Apple in the UK are all about the Middle Classes or people that do maths on their fingers and toes..
    I’m wondering what the Euro price is and if it is all down to the eu VAT sting on apps.
    Any Road.. it looks good.. sorely tempted even though i was holding out for the massive 128 seconds convs of this Jax thing.. “ a bird in the hand.. “ i guess

The pricing conversion is to do with Apple and not the developers.
    I find it downright annoying to say the least that Apple charges
    the U.K, U.S prices rather than doing the conversion, though
    it won't be the U.K much longer at this rate.

Apple have a history of doing things like this.

Have you seen the breakdown of territories
    in regards to iTunes and %'s that artists receive?

Ludicrous.

Still if it is at £4.99 rather than £6.99 then that's cool if the original price is £6.99.
    If the beta price is the current one and the sale price is actually £6.99
    then that's not so cool.

yep.. the price is absolutely fine .. and i am aware of apples ‘tier’ inflexibility.. just generally “feelin it” post election.. apples shenanigans is nothing compared to the continued thatcherite dismantling of the NHS.. i mean.. that REALLY is life & death!

• @wim said:

@RockySmalls said:

@bato said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@Masanga said:
    Actually even cheaper, at £4.99 – apologies if that's a mistake, or the GBP has inexplicably bounced back…
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/impulsation/id1469723900

Yeah, we used that price during the beta testing stage. I guess it hasn't propagated yet.

Ok, so what about us that bought it just now at the 4.99 price?

Have yet to try it, but just the 200 IRs of reverbs should be worth it. Thank you

well congrats.. you beat the now delayed JAX convoluter pro to the post.. but I’m seeing £4.99 as the uk price which is again not equivalent to $4.99 .. it’s a small thing to quibble about I know, I know..
    almost certainly not yr fault but it does propogate this continuing feeling that Apple in the UK are all about the Middle Classes or people that do maths on their fingers and toes..
    I’m wondering what the Euro price is and if it is all down to the eu VAT sting on apps.
    Any Road.. it looks good.. sorely tempted even though i was holding out for the massive 128 seconds convs of this Jax thing.. “ a bird in the hand.. “ i guess

The pricing difference per country is beyond the developer's control. It's an Apple thing.

exactamundo... see above ⬆️

• @RockySmalls

I totally agree.

I've been on marches for three years now and to no avail it seems.

I'm so livid right now.

• Ah!!! the price jumped back up to £6.99 which answers my question.

• What will the price be in the iFX Rack app when it comes out as additional iAP? Thanks

• edited December 2019

TBH even at £6.99 with scarcity of this kind of apps and guitar amp/cab sims AUs in general the price seems right. Especially at the sale price. If it works well I’m in. Just need to hear this stuff with my own ears.

As for Apple skimming most they can that’s hardly anything new. If I remember well they’ve evened out the US-UK prices as soon as EU legislated against Apple a few years back. Of course with Brexit we’ll all be wishing the prices will stay this way as the pound slides.

• @david_2017 said:
    What will the price be in the iFX Rack app when it comes out as additional iAP? Thanks

We have not decided yet.

• @GospelMusicians how do you import your own IRs into the app? I can’t figure it out.

• Anything from this lot is worth a look ... lovely stuff they make - great ears they've got.

I do a lot of rather chaotic Phillip Glass-ish stuff - generated by interacting gadgets - and the choirs on Pure synth are most interesting - especially the scat stuff ... just amazing how forgiving the human ear can be when there's a voice involved.

Hang the rent - I want this now. Too tempting by half.

• It's sounding great, haven't imported anything yet though, comes with some nice presets :)

• How is CPU load vs other leading reverbs? Is this implementation of IR more or less demanding than the current algorithmic offerings from ToneBoosters and FabFilter?

• Guys, educate me please :-).

I've so far considered impusle responses and convolution reverbs as an interchangeable thing. Now I realize that IRs are used for guitar amps as well. Am I correct in assuming that they can replace an amp simulator?

If so, how would I go about this? Ideally I would be able to take an IR from my amp which I love, and be able to replicate that sound going direct to iPad and Impulsation.

Also, is there any pros and cons to this approach (if at all possible)?

Thanks

• @bato said:
    Guys, educate me please :-).

I've so far considered impusle responses and convolution reverbs as an interchangeable thing. Now I realize that IRs are used for guitar amps as well. Am I correct in assuming that they can replace an amp simulator?

That wouldn't work well. But using it as an amp cab simulator is a great application for it. A cabinet IR is similar to a very, very short reverb. There are echo and EQ characteristics. These translate well to IRs. An amp with distortion, etc, is far more complex.

If so, how would I go about this? Ideally I would be able to take an IR from my amp which I love, and be able to replicate that sound going direct to iPad and Impulsation.

In theory, but in practice it probably wouldn't work well.

• @wim said:

@bato said:
    Guys, educate me please :-).

That wouldn't work well. But using it as an amp cab simulator is a great application for it. A cabinet IR is similar to a very, very short reverb. There are echo and EQ characteristics. These translate well to IRs. An amp with distortion, etc, is far more complex.

In theory, but in practice it probably wouldn't work well.
    >

Aha! Now I understand, and it actually makes sense to me. Thanks so much wim.