Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available...

Comments

• @hellquist said:
    @eross have you updated to 2.8.2 (where it works) as opposed to using 2.8.1 (where it doesn't)? I'm asking as I can't download the update yet, it is not where I am (Sweden).

i haven’t. i am on my phone at work so i’m not near my ipad. i’ll have to try when i get home. thanks for the tip

• @LFS said:

@eross said:
    my old in app purchase from version 2 cubasis aren’t showing up in the in app store. all i get it this box

Hi @eross,

Please note that Cubasis 2.8.2 is required, to make the Free IAP Transfer work.
    For some reasons out of our hands, the update seems not to appear in the App-Store in some countries, while being released the same time as Cubasis 3.0.

These are the steps again:

• Install Cubasis 2.8.2
    • Launch Cubasis 3 and open the in-app shop
    • Follow the instructions in the IAP Transfer pop-up

Best,
    Lars

thanks

• edited December 2019

@richardyot said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

DAWs that have sample-accurate MIDI editing usually have a MIDI resolution of 96000PPQN.

What DAW would that be?

The smallest unit in Logic Pro is 960 TPQN (they call them ticks).

Am interested in a source if you have one.

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14497

I believe some desktop DAWs also support this MIDI resolution, for the same reason.

It's interesting.

In Logic when editing within a region, we can move events at the ticks level 960 per quarter note, but at the tracks level, can move regions and audio within that track at the sample level, which obviously is determined by sample rate of the project itself.

I guess in that thread users were talking about Auria having both a 480 PPQN grid for midi editing and the option to move midi events at the sample level.

Obviously the goal isn't necessarily sample-accurate midi editing, which would be silly, but to have midi events align with audio events at the sample level.

• @LFS said:

@eross said:
    @lfs i bought the app, everything seems cool accept audio quality on my bluetooth earbuds. it gets very degraded and lo-fi. is there a setting i need to change somewhere?

Hi @eross,

Please try these steps:

• Make sure Bluetooth is enabled in the iOS settings
    • In Cubasis 3: Go to "Setup/Audio" and activate "Bluetooth / AirPlay"

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

i’m also having issue where audio playback is extremely slowed down after recording and or messi g with bluetooth settings of a project. my bluetooth earbuds are only about a year old. is there a certain certain version bluetooth that is compatible?

• edited December 2019

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

DAWs that have sample-accurate MIDI editing usually have a MIDI resolution of 96000PPQN.

What DAW would that be?

I believe some desktop DAWs also support this MIDI resolution, for the same reason.

It's interesting.

In Logic when editing within a region, we can move events at the ticks level 960 per quarter note, but at the tracks level, can move regions and audio within that track at the sample level, which obviously is determined by sample rate of the project itself.

I guess in that thread users were talking about Auria having both a 480 PPQN grid for midi editing and the option to move midi events at the sample level.

Obviously the goal isn't necessarily sample-accurate midi editing, which would be silly, but to have midi events align with audio events at the sample level.

Its a very nice feature to have midi editing sample accurate when you are doing some sweet audio editing and want the midi to match audio samples while off the Beaten tempo track.

• Only got Cubasis 2,12 months ago... I know the IAP’s transfer over but wish there was an Upgrade Bundle or something.... can’t drop another $50.

• @eross said:

@LFS said:

@eross said:
    @lfs i bought the app, everything seems cool accept audio quality on my bluetooth earbuds. it gets very degraded and lo-fi. is there a setting i need to change somewhere?

Hi @eross,

Please try these steps:

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

i’m also having issue where audio playback is extremely slowed down after recording and or messi g with bluetooth settings of a project. my bluetooth earbuds are only about a year old. is there a certain certain version bluetooth that is compatible?

Hi @eross,

using Bluetooth headphones comes with increased latency (unrelated to Cubasis), making it impossible to do real-time actions in Cubasis (and other apps). You might use it though, to listen to a track/mix.

• @Samu said:
    For one it's going to be interesting to how many iPhone users will actually get Cubasis 3 after numerous 'I want Cubasis on my iPhone' posts :)

I waited so long for a viable option I’m pretty happy ‘dawless’ now.

Although no doubt I’ll end up buying this.

• @LFS How do I transfer my existing purchases to the iPhone version if I no longer have my iPad ?

Thanks,
    G

• @LFS said:

@eross said:

@LFS said:

@eross said:

Hi @eross,

Please try these steps:

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

Hi @eross,

using Bluetooth headphones comes with increased latency (unrelated to Cubasis), making it impossible to do real-time actions in Cubasis (and other apps). You might use it though, to listen to a track/mix.

Just to note: massive crackles when using four instances of Kauldron, with nothing else - no effects. I’m using an iPad Pro 2018, so obviously this shouldn’t be happening. The DSP is going mental (!), and even deleting instances of Kauldron doesn’t fix the problem. Looking good as a whole, though. I’m sure these hiccups will be sorted in due course.

• @audio_DT said:

@LFS said:

@eross said:

@LFS said:

@eross said:

Hi @eross,

Please try these steps:

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

Hi @eross,

Just to note: massive crackles when using four instances of Kauldron, with nothing else - no effects. I’m using an iPad Pro 2018, so obviously this shouldn’t be happening. The DSP is going mental (!), and even deleting instances of Kauldron doesn’t fix the problem. Looking good as a whole, though. I’m sure these hiccups will be sorted in due course.

Did you compare the same MIDI and instances on Cubasis 2?

• @DaveMagoo said:
    @LFS How do I transfer my existing purchases to the iPhone version if I no longer have my iPad ?

Thanks,
    G

Hi @DaveMagoo,

This is not possible, since Cubasis 2 is required to be present do the transfer.

Best,
    Lars

• Just bought it. I must admit that having bought version 2 only 3 months again makes me a little bit sad.

I have also to consider that in pc I’ve bought Cubase version 9.5 (or something similar) and one week later exit version 10 and I ended up upgrading😂😂

I have a big big question @LFS: how could I restore my IAP from cubasis 2 on iPhone, since I’m this device I can not instal cubasis 2?

• Hi Charlesalbert,

For some reasons out of our hands, the update seems not to appear in the App-Store in some countries, while being released the same time as Cubasis 3.0.

• Install Cubasis 2.8.2

Best,
    Lars

• edited December 2019

@richardyot
    DAWs that have sample-accurate MIDI editing usually have a MIDI resolution of 96000PPQN

which daw (apart of auria, which according to it's dev has 960000) has 96000 (or more) PPQN ? To my knowledge even desktop DAWs use usually 960 - 2048 PPQN.

• @tja said:

@audio_DT said:

@LFS said:

@eross said:

@LFS said:

@eross said:

Hi @eross,

Please try these steps:

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

Hi @eross,

Did you compare the same MIDI and instances on Cubasis 2?

I'm not sure I follow you...

• edited December 2019

@[Deleted User] said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

What DAW would that be?

It's interesting.

Its a very nice feature to have midi editing sample accurate when you are doing some sweet audio editing and want the midi to match audio samples while off the Beaten tempo track.

Isn't that way off the beaten tempo track though?

If the project is set to 48Khz, that's 48,000 samples per second.

If we have a PPQN of 960 then at 120bpm, we'd have 2 beats per second with 1920 ticks per second available to wiggle around in.

And here we have Auria claiming to internally use a resolution of 960,000 PPQN, but allows us to operate at the sample level of the project externally.

I'd really like to know why.

I mean in that same example of 48,000 samples per second. With a PPQN of 960,000 at 120bpm, there would be 2 beats per second with 1,920,000 possible divisions in that second while the exported sample rate of the project is 48,000 samples per second?

What would the point of that be?

Maybe expecting an eventual move to DSD sample rates in the future?

It's not possible to export the results of that currently afaik.

• edited December 2019

@AppleHorizon said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

What DAW would that be?

It's interesting.

If we have a PPQN of 960 then at 120bpm, we'd have 2 beats per second with 1920 ticks per second available to wiggle around in.

And here we have Auria claiming to internally use a resolution of 960,000 PPQN, but allows us to operate at the sample level of the project externally. I'd really like to know why.

I mean in that same example of 48,000 samples per second. With a PPQN of 960,000 at 120bpm, there would be 2 beats per second with 1,920,000 possible divisions while the project rate is 48,000 samples per second?

Well if you have an audio sample and the DAW allows you to snap the midi to the audio sample then it sample accurate. I love your breakdown 👍

• edited December 2019

One super quick option is to use AirDrop:

• Go to "Projects" and select a file
    • Tap "Share" button and "More"
    • Tap "AirDrop" and choose the device

Loading Cubasis projects with Cubase is possible too.
    Please note that the required Cubasis 3 Importer will be released shortly.

Best,
    Lars

And folks THIS is the best feature of Cubasis 3. A 5-second airdrop gets you all you automations & effects intact. Boom. Bear in mind if you have iPad only MIDI instruments or effects you probably want to freeze those tracks before shipping over to your phones...

• @audio_DT said:

Did changing latency helps?

• @NoiseHorse said:

One super quick option is to use AirDrop:

• Go to "Projects" and select a file
    • Tap "Share" button and "More"
    • Tap "AirDrop" and choose the device

Loading Cubasis projects with Cubase is possible too.
    Please note that the required Cubasis 3 Importer will be released shortly.

Best,
    Lars

And folk THIS is the best feature of Cubasis 3. A 5-second airdrop gets you all you automations & effects intact. Boom. Bear in mind if you have iPad only MIDI instruments or effects you probably want to freeze those tracks before shipping over to your phones...

... :)

• I’ve been using CUBASIS from the get go and the fact that there’s no discount or update involved for existing users is a absolute dealbreaker for me. I’m not only hurt but feel betrayed. This sucks. I don’t have that kind of money.

• Ok so> @LFS said:

Hi Charlesalbert,

• Install Cubasis 2.8.2

Best,
    Lars

Thanks.

I know the 2.8.2 update is not on AppStore yet (at least in Italy)and it is necessary for the transfer of the previous IAP on IPAD, but what I mean is that on IPhone you can not install cubasis 2 so I thought that you can not transfer your previous cubasis 2 purchases.

I imagine that once transferred The iap of the iPad version from 2.8.2 to 3 they will automatically be transfered also for Cubasis 3 on IPhone.

• edited December 2019

@[Deleted User] said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

What DAW would that be?

It's interesting.

And here we have Auria claiming to internally use a resolution of 960,000 PPQN, but allows us to operate at the sample level of the project externally. I'd really like to know why.

I mean in that same example of 48,000 samples per second. With a PPQN of 960,000 at 120bpm, there would be 2 beats per second with 1,920,000 possible divisions while the project rate is 48,000 samples per second?

Well if you have an audio sample and the DAW allows you to snap the midi to the audio sample then it sample accurate. I love your breakdown 👍

Exactly and I get it but it just seems weird to me, especially when I think about beat machines I've seen which operated at 1/16th notes which I guess would be equivalent to 4 PPQN. :D

Wait, we got an update to 1/64th notes... 16 PPQN! Rock on! :D

• edited December 2019

@AppleHorizon said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

@AppleHorizon said:

@richardyot said:

What DAW would that be?

It's interesting.

Exactly and I get it but it just seems weird to me, especially when I think about beat machines I've seen which operated at 1/16th notes which I guess would be equivalent to 4 PPQN. :D

Wait, we got an update to 1/64th notes... 16 PPQN! Rock on! :D

But say if you use audio samples of live playing and chop it up then the grid goes out the window unless you quantise so in this case snapping midi to your audio is interesting.

• edited December 2019

Forgot to say, I'm super excited to have this DAW on the iphone. I've been looking for something this full featured for my 8 plus for a long time.

I wonder if fabfilter and sugarbytes wouldn't mind throwing some of that AUv3 magic to the iphone too.

• edited December 2019

@MobileMusic said:

@Samu said:
    For one it's going to be interesting to how many iPhone users will actually get Cubasis 3 after numerous 'I want Cubasis on my iPhone' posts :)

Most probably many more than the niche iPad users. Not everyone who has an iPhone has an iPad which makes iPhone a much bigger market. Remember the mobile browsing has gone over 50%...

The real issue is probably how many users are on iOS 13 that Cubasis 3 requires and that may be a niche for sometime. The iPhone version was requested for so long that the users’ devices have grown older by now (LOL :smiley:). Most users are probably on iOS 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 due to their older devices as iOS 13 would require newer devices. An iPhone 6s might brick if v13 is installed on it.

• edited December 2019

I'm tempted to go with this and say F you to waiting around for NanoStudio to get audio tracks. This does a much smoother job of switching between AUs and AU instruments. It seems to have a wider understanding of user interface experience vs. NS2, which makes you bend to the developer's anal choices.

• Btw cubasis 3 on IPad Pro is pure magic. Way better then 2. Super happy. It is a big step forward. You have to say in big letter.