Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available...

Comments

• @lsd87 said:
    I’m so annoyed at the way Steinberg is handling the Cubasis 3 release. First it’s released before it’s ready and then they treat the mostly defective product as business as usual. There hasn’t been an update yet and there is apparently no plan about telling us when to expect it and what will be fixed. This is really the first time I’ve been critical of them. I really feel as though they don’t care about us. I’m disappointed, mad and sad... I didn’t mind paying for the new version. However, it’s the way they’ve treated us since.

Hi @lsd87, Hi all,

Addressing issues and running Cubasis beta and release checks costs time, given the extensive feature set of the app.
    As mentioned earlier, we are heavily working on the Cubasis 3.0.1 maintenance update, which will address several user issues.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• Cubasis 3 is a huge project, all software needs ironing out on release (even simple plugins)

How long have other big daws been released yet still get bug fixes ?

I have many iOS and desktop products that still have bugs and will never be fixed.

Personally I have plenty of faith that steinberg will release fixes as soon as they are prime.

Don’t forget cubasis 3 was only just released so a little patience is needed, at least we have been told things are being fixed asap, unlike some other developers I dare mention ;-)

@lsd87 said:
    I’m so annoyed at the way Steinberg is handling the Cubasis 3 release. First it’s released before it’s ready and then they treat the mostly defective product as business as usual. There hasn’t been an update yet and there is apparently no plan about telling us when to expect it and what will be fixed. This is really the first time I’ve been critical of them. I really feel as though they don’t care about us. I’m disappointed, mad and sad... I didn’t mind paying for the new version. However, it’s the way they’ve treated us since.

• I'd like to amend my negative comments about Steinberg not caring about us...They clearly do. This is a complex product and I'm working on my lashing out issues...

• @cloudswimmer said:
    Tom Holkenborg is another American composer who writes for movies

He’s actually Dutch, produced many dance tracks under the name of Junkie XL before getting into film scoring :)

• @lsd87 said:

@MobileMusic said:

@lsd87 said:

Apparently you missed some postings. They already said they are preparing their next update. They will never tell what will be in next update or when it will be released. It’s nothing new.

Bugs are temporary in software apps. At least they released a new version on iPhone. Why can’t you use v2 until then?

Maybe my expectations are misguided. I know it’s nothing new that they don’t tell you when they will release or what they’re fixing, but in my opinion this new version was so bad that something other than business as usual was needed. What we got was the same old same old. I’m just frustrated.

The frustrating part for me is it sounds like my finger is not compatible with Cubasis 3. I have tested it (my finger with Cubasis 3) on several iPads and it clearly does not seem to be working. Strange that it works fine in Cubasis 2 and other apps though.

• @AudioGus said:
    The frustrating part for me is it sounds like my finger is not compatible with Cubasis 3. I have tested it (my finger with Cubasis 3) on several iPads and it clearly does not seem to be working. Strange that it works fine in Cubasis 2 and other apps though.

Hi @AudioGus,

We've added the following issue, reported by you:

CBT-1306
    Events are not moved after scrolling/zooming the arranger

Is this the main topic, or do you mean separate issues, unknown so far?

Thanks
    Lars

• edited February 2020

Cool dude ;-) I completely understand when apps are not cared for and I get frustrated too.

But I know steinberg are constantly improving their products ;-)

@lsd87 said:
    I'd like to amend my negative comments about Steinberg not caring about us...They clearly do. This is a complex product and I'm working on my lashing out issues...

• @brambos said:

@cloudswimmer said:
    Tom Holkenborg is another American composer who writes for movies

He’s actually Dutch, produced many dance tracks under the name of Junkie XL before getting into film scoring :)

Hi Bram, yes you are correct regarding Tom’s ethnicity and background, but he lives and works down the road from me here in California .. same with Hans Zimmer who is German. I’m of German decent myself .. but have lived and worked here in So.Cal. for many years .. I am an American composer (not a very good one though 😔) I know what your saying though .. I was talking about his place of residence and vocation in saying American .. guess I should have said “the Dutch composer living and working in America” 😎 Anyway still love the apps man 👍 Keep up the great work 👍

C

• edited February 2020

@LFS said:

@AudioGus said:

Hi @AudioGus,

CBT-1306

Thanks
    Lars

I believe I said "It seems when zooming / panning that Cubasis 3 has issues detecting whether or not clips should be moved." but even that probably doesn't accurately describe it as it happens even with a fixed scroll / zoom.

More simply it should probably read 'Often when trying to move a clip, Cubasis pans and does not move the clip.'

• Just wanted to chime in on the many bugs in Cubasis 3. I’ve now worked on three projects with this software and the bugs were serious enough to prevent the completion of each one.

At this stage, Cubasis 3 is not ready for serious music production. The good news, however, is that it seems Steinberg is aware of the issues and I’m confident solutions are forthcoming..imho.

The bugs I’ve noticed:

1. Copied parts not playing back (restart cubasis3 fixes this)
    2. Ruismaker noire randomly doesn’t load (restart cubasis3 does not always fix this)
    3. Part edit zoom resets to entire arrangement upon activation/doesn’t remember setting
    4. Apple Pencil doesn’t work
    5. Touch selection of parts in arrangement window is inaccurate
    6. Random loss of playback audio/distortion
    7. First midi note in part edit gets clipped/removed

I checked over on the Steinberg site and there seems to be bug reports for each of the issues I’ve noted here.

Waiting patiently on fixes :# All things considered, I still love the application.

• @osc101 said:
    Just wanted to chime in on the many bugs in Cubasis 3. I’ve now worked on three projects with this software and the bugs were serious enough to prevent the completion of each one.

At this stage, Cubasis 3 is not ready for serious music production. The good news, however, is that it seems Steinberg is aware of the issues and I’m confident solutions are forthcoming..imho.

The bugs I’ve noticed:

1. Copied parts not playing back (restart cubasis3 fixes this)
    2. Ruismaker noire randomly doesn’t load (restart cubasis3 does not always fix this)
    3. Part edit zoom resets to entire arrangement upon activation/doesn’t remember setting
    4. Apple Pencil doesn’t work
    5. Touch selection of parts in arrangement window is inaccurate
    6. Random loss of playback audio/distortion
    7. First midi note in part edit gets clipped/removed

I checked over on the Steinberg site and there seems to be bug reports for each of the issues I’ve noted here.

Waiting patiently on fixes :# All things considered, I still love the application.

Hi @osc101,

Thanks for your message.

As mentioned earlier, we are working on Cubasis 3.0.1, which will address several user-reported issues.
    Please feel free to get in touch via private message, if you want to join the beta program to give the update a test drive.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS do I need to have Cubasis 3 to beta test the update?

• edited February 2020

@LFS said:

@AudioGus said:

Hi @AudioGus,

CBT-1306

Thanks
    Lars

Here is another video describing the bug. I am not doing any intentional panning in the video.

Perhaps it could be described as ‘Attempting to Move events incorrectly pans the timeline instead’.

This happens for me on the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5 and the iPad base model. It does not seem to happen on the 2019 iPad base model.

(Has audio)

• Hi all,

Please note that the Cubasis Project Importer 3.0 Re-Release update, which allows you to import Cubasis projects into Cubase, is available for immediate download at:

http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter

The Cubasis Project Importer 3 for macOS and Windows allows you to import projects from Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3 into Cubase.

In addition, we are working on Cubasis 3.0.1, which will address several user-reported topics. We are aware that many of you are waiting for the update, and hope that testing will not take too long from here.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

In addition, we are working on Cubasis 3.0.1, which will address several user-reported topics. We are aware that many of you are waiting for the update, and hope that testing will not take too long from here.

Good to know!
    I'm early waiting for the Mini Sampler update so If you care to 'leak' any details of its improvements I'd be more than happy :)
    (When the update drops with a working Mini Sampler I'll install it on my iPhone 8, already have it on my iPad Air 2).

One 'top feature' would definitely be the option to select any track inside Cubasis as the source for sampling as it would me re-sampling and sampling thru an effect-chain a breeze. (This is something I do all the time in BeatMaker 3).

Also an 'Empty Classic Machine' with pad tuning that allows creation of user presets using drag'n'drop of samples from a Files.app pop over or from the 'Arrangement View' would be another awesome feature. If A midi-track is dragged render the audio first.

And well, the Cubase Sampler Track could be an IAP for Cubasis 3 that I'd be more than happy to pay extra for :)

I'm looking forward to the update!
    Cheers!

• @LFS said:
    Hi all,

Please note that the Cubasis Project Importer 3.0 Re-Release update, which allows you to import Cubasis projects into Cubase, is available for immediate download at:

http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter

The Cubasis Project Importer 3 for macOS and Windows allows you to import projects from Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3 into Cubase.

This is great news thanks, can I import from Cubasis 3 to Cubase Elements 9.5?

• LFSLFS
    edited February 2020

@GrimLucky said:

Hi @GrimLucky,

Thank you for your message.

While 9.5 versions are not officially supported or tested, there is a good chance it will work.
    Please give it a try and let me know if it does!

Thanks,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited February 2020

@Samu said:

@LFS said:

Good to know!
    I'm early waiting for the Mini Sampler update so If you care to 'leak' any details of its improvements I'd be more than happy :)
    (When the update drops with a working Mini Sampler I'll install it on my iPhone 8, already have it on my iPad Air 2).

One 'top feature' would definitely be the option to select any track inside Cubasis as the source for sampling as it would me re-sampling and sampling thru an effect-chain a breeze. (This is something I do all the time in BeatMaker 3).

Also an 'Empty Classic Machine' with pad tuning that allows creation of user presets using drag'n'drop of samples from a Files.app pop over or from the 'Arrangement View' would be another awesome feature. If A midi-track is dragged render the audio first.

And well, the Cubase Sampler Track could be an IAP for Cubasis 3 that I'd be more than happy to pay extra for :)

Cheers!

Hi Samu,

While Cubasis 3.0.1 will address many user-reported issues, it will not include the MiniSamper edit functionality.
    This is planned to come back in Cubasis 3.0.2, and will provide the same features as in Cubasis 2.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

Hi Samu,

While Cubasis 3.0.1 will address many user-reported issues, it will not include the MiniSamper edit functionality.
    This is planned to come back in Cubasis 3.0.2, and will provide the same features as in Cubasis 2.

Best,
    Lars

Ok, thanks for the clarification...

Please do consider adding more advanced sampling IAPs (Cubase Sampler Track) to the roadmap for Cubasis 3 along with multi-channel AUv3 support for side-chaining (FabFilter AUv3's etc.) and more flexible routing for both audio & midi.

On the positive side Cubasis 3 is more 'responsive' than Cubasis 2 on my old iPad Air 2 so while waiting for the updates I'm manually moving over all my Cubasis 2 stuff to Cubasis 3 after manually cleaning out 'slack' from the Cubasis 2 projects...

Cheers!

• @LFS said:

@GrimLucky said:

Hi @GrimLucky,

While 9.5 versions are not officially supported or tested, there is a good chance it will work.

Thanks,
    Lars

Thanks for replying, I gave it a quick try with the demo project and it worked quite well, all the midi instruments transferred ok.

The only difference was the eq settings on the lead and ebow guitars, which filtered out everything above 20hz so I needed to adjust this.

I’ll probably update to 10.5 anyway at some point.

• @GrimLucky said:

@LFS said:

@GrimLucky said:

Hi @GrimLucky,

Thanks,
    Lars

Thanks for replying, I gave it a quick try with the demo project and it worked quite well, all the midi instruments transferred ok.

The only difference was the eq settings on the lead and ebow guitars, which filtered out everything above 20hz so I needed to adjust this.

I’ll probably update to 10.5 anyway at some point.

Hi @GrimLucky,

Thanks for the update!
    Great to hear that the Importer works with Cubase 9.5 too!

Best,
    Lars

• @Samu said:
    On the positive side Cubasis 3 is more 'responsive' than Cubasis 2 on my old iPad Air 2 so while waiting for the updates I'm manually moving over all my Cubasis 2 stuff to Cubasis 3 after manually cleaning out 'slack' from the Cubasis 2 projects...

Hi Samu,

You might experienced issues, when opening Cubasis 2 projects with Cubasis 3.
    Please note that it is planned to address these problems in the upcoming Cubasis 3.0.1 update.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

You might experienced issues, when opening Cubasis 2 projects with Cubasis 3.
    Please note that it is planned to address these problems in the upcoming Cubasis 3.0.1 update.

What I've done so far is to copy over all the Cubasis 2 projects to my desktop and manually 'remove the slack'(audio files that are not in use by the projects, undo files etc.).

Thankfully Cubasis 3 has a clear undo feature (which I presume also removes redundant audio files needed for undo from the project?) that should save some time for future housekeeping.

After the manual clean up most projects have imported just fine but I'll wait for the 3.0.1 update before I do the complete transition to Cubasis 3 after I've verified that all projects work as expected...

Cheers!

• Hi all,

Please note that we've just released a short tutorial about the Cubasis Project Importer 3.0, which explains where to grab the tool and how to use:

Cubasis Project Importer 3.0 Tutorial | This is What You Can Do with Cubasis 3

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @Samu said:

@LFS said:

Good to know!

Cheers!

I just gave a look at Cubase sampler (sample track)..that would be an amazing addition to Cubasis.would love to have all my samples in Cubasis 3, so I can preview and just drag and drop them from Media Bay into the sampler, play it across the keyboard, keeping it in time with the project and adding glides to 808s. This would make us use less Auv3 fro sampling and save on cpu.
    Working with AudioLayer is fine but it’s looong sometimes, you need to open files app multi window, preview samples, go into AudioLayer, tap on import try to locate the sample folder and the sample.just a work flow killer.if AudioLayer had time stretch and grad & drop, that would be another story.

• Has anyone been able to compare side by side performance of C3 - 8 PLUS vs 11 PRO MAX?

• @LFS needs a bonus for having to deal with us 😂

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    @LFS needs a bonus for having to deal with us 😂

Yeah I agree lol

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

Definitely A-1 support above and beyond the call. B)

Still ... I've always questioned bonuses for damage-control effort. I remember working 70 hour weeks for months doing some truly new and useful work only to have a fat bonus and company recognition instead awarded to a couple of guys who worked super hard for a few weeks ... to fix a bug that they caused. :D

Not to detract from @LFS exemplary efforts these last weeks though! I'm sure the whole team over there is working their hearts out, all while taking it on the chin from some people. I wish more people appreciated that.

• What’s the current state of MIDI Sync with Cubasis 3? MIDI Clock Master? Slave?

Apologies if this has been discussed.