Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available...

Comments

• Wow,this came earlier than expected.Thanks for the hard work.Feature list look great,price is fair (although personally i never asked for iphone version) but not a single word about my BIGGEST concern: are the timing issues now history as well?

Guess i have to find out myself but it would be a huge letdown if it would be still a shaky experience with „slaved“ AUs

• edited December 2019

@LFS why is Ableton link so difficult to implement? is it a competitor issue? Isn't the code freely available to anyone to use? its on many other apps usually implemented by one person on ios? link has been out for ages too. Also there was some midi clock sync issue in previous Cubasis versions, has this been totally resolved now?

• edited December 2019

@LFS 3 questions :

• Will it work well on my iPhone 7 ?
    • What are the minimum HW requirements ?
    • Can I start composing a track on my iPhone and finish it on my iPad in one click (I mean, without complications) ?
  • @LFS hi there Lars.how do we transfer the in app purchaseS? When I tap on transfer, it takes me to the App Store and when I tap open Cubasis, nothing happens.also in Uk Cubasis 2.8.2 is on app store

• edited December 2019

If you purchased Cubase LE and then gradually followed the IAP upgrade path to get a full-featured virtual Cubasis 2...is it possible to transfer those IAPs to a full new version of Cubasis 3?

Also, I'm not seeing any 2.8. updates or even 3 availability in the App Store (US).

• Just noticed it requires iOS 13.

• @Paa89 said:
    @LFS hi there Lars.how do we transfer the in app purchaseS? When I tap on transfer, it takes me to the App Store and when I tap open Cubasis, nothing happens.also in Uk Cubasis 2.8.2 is on app store

Cubasis 2.8.2 update isn’t out in the UK yet. I keep refreshing the App Store, but no cigar.

• @Crabman said:
    Wow,this came earlier than expected.Thanks for the hard work.Feature list look great,price is fair (although personally i never asked for iphone version) but not a single word about my BIGGEST concern: are the timing issues now history as well?

Guess i have to find out myself but it would be a huge letdown if it would be still a shaky experience with „slaved“ AUs

Let us know if it is fixed 👍

• @Lars

Do the IAP's from Cubasis Le 2 get transferred to Cubasis Le 3 ?

• @Lars $49 is equivalent to £35 and €45.
    This is probably an ‘App Store being based in the US’ type issue but I often wonder why prices in the £ and € App Stores are never equivalent to $, pretty much all the time.
    Doesn’t matter for cheap apps but for something more costly it does smart a bit.
    Do Devs have any control over this?

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

@TimRussell said:
    Do Devs have any control over this?

Hi Tim, prices or conversions depend on the App Store.

Best,
    Lars

• @Gravitas said:
    @Lars

Hi Gravitas,

Specs and features of Cubasis LE 3 will be announced with the release.

Best,
    Lar

• Hi all,

The new Cubasis 3 website is now online...

steinberg.net/cubasis

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @[Deleted User] said:
    @LFS why is Ableton link so difficult to implement? is it a competitor issue? Isn't the code freely available to anyone to use? its on many other apps usually implemented by one person on ios? link has been out for ages too. Also there was some midi clock sync issue in previous Cubasis versions, has this been totally resolved now?

Code-wise it would be easy for them to add this feature, but it's probably harder to guarantee good performance. In a DAW-type app you would need to time-stretch in real-time your audio tracks when Link tempo is changing, and if your project has 50 of those ...

• Is there any option to 'lock' AUv3 & Midi automation to a midi-event or is it still only available on the global time-line?

How does the revamped audio-editor work? (ie. is there an easy way to 'copy/set' the Left & Right locator to match the audio-event in the arranger when editing the audio-file?).

Is 'Audio Glue' in place or do we still need to use 'Freeze Selection' to merge audio-events?

I'm just throwing out here in the open since I suspect I'm not the only one wondering...

• @TimRussell The App Store pricing is out of the developers control, it’s Apples price tier structure, we, the U.K. and U.S are grouped in the same tier, so the $ price and the £ price will always be the same, it’s been like this now for a few years and is wildly unfair

• Thanks Doug, I suspected as much.
    First time I’ve really paid attention to it. The new IK Hammond app really highlights the unfairness (should be £75 not £100!)

• I'm not too worried about the price but more with the current situation with the SEK as the Cubasis 3 price translates to 695:- SEK. The widely available gift cards are 150:-, 250:- and 500SEK the 1000SEK cards are very rare to find...
    (And no, to avoid my app-o-holicim going out of control again I will NOT give AppStore my credit-card details!).

I'll let Cubasis 3 release sink in for a while...

• Dang. Awesome news. But unfortunately, not for me now. Not only because of ca$h, but no iOS 13 here.
    Trying to keep my iMini 2 ios 11 :tongue:
    Will get it when I buy a new device

Congrats on the release, Lars and steinberg folks!

• @bleep said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Code-wise it would be easy for them to add this feature, but it's probably harder to guarantee good performance. In a DAW-type app you would need to time-stretch in real-time your audio tracks when Link tempo is changing, and if your project has 50 of those ...

I never thought of this, but yeah... that actually makes perfect sense. How does a desktop DAW handle that, like Live or Reason? I never tried it... making my head hurt like thinking about how big the universe is :worried:

• Hi to all, is there a tempo track on this all new from scratch Cubasis 3?

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Crabman said:
    Wow,this came earlier than expected.Thanks for the hard work.Feature list look great,price is fair (although personally i never asked for iphone version) but not a single word about my BIGGEST concern: are the timing issues now history as well?

Let us know if it is fixed 👍

Hmmmmm. I've only had cubasis since April. Not exactly extatic there's no special price for existing users.
    The wonky timing issue is pretty shocking really and has been a major barrier for me in actually getting songs finished.

No way am I buying again if this issue still exists.

• edited December 2019

@Samu said:
    Is there any option to 'lock' AUv3 & Midi automation to a midi-event or is it still only available on the global time-line?

How does the revamped audio-editor work? (ie. is there an easy way to 'copy/set' the Left & Right locator to match the audio-event in the arranger when editing the audio-file?).

Is 'Audio Glue' in place or do we still need to use 'Freeze Selection' to merge audio-events?

I'm just throwing out here in the open since I suspect I'm not the only one wondering...

Audio glue works yesssss finally 🤣🤣

• edited December 2019

@iammane said:

@bleep said:

@[Deleted User] said:

I never thought of this, but yeah... that actually makes perfect sense. How does a desktop DAW handle that, like Live or Reason? I never tried it... making my head hurt like thinking about how big the universe is :worried:

most DAW have time stretch/warp marker but practically no ios apps have time stretch either but they still have ableton link, ableton link is not just designed for people to change the tempo during recording or playback. its also for many devices to sync to the same tempo.

@LFS is the midi clock sync stable in cubasis 3?

• Kinda missed the boat fir me. I’ve been asking for iPhone version since cubasis first released but I don’t use Cubasis even on iPad now. So I won’t be splashing the cash

• edited December 2019

@[Deleted User] said:

@iammane said:

@bleep said:

@[Deleted User] said:

most DAW have time stretch/warp marker but practically no ios apps have time stretch either but they still have ableton link, ableton link is not just designed for people to change the tempo during recording or playback. its also for many devices to sync to the same tempo.

@LFS is the midi clock sync stable in cubasis 3?

same here,i stopped using it at all because of the unreliable timing.Fingers crossed that v3 will be better.It IS possible on ios,whatever i throw at auria pro for example the timing is always rock solid,not a single hickup (running a dozen rozetas,Steppoly Arp etc)

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @TimRussell The App Store pricing is out of the developers control, it’s Apples price tier structure, we, the U.K. and U.S are grouped in the same tier, so the $ price and the £ price will always be the same, it’s been like this now for a few years and is wildly unfair

$1 is about 77p today (not allowing for forex charges).

77p plus 20% VAT ≈ 92p.

• edited December 2019

@LFS pretty nice..can finally glue audio and finally works with LayR and BeatHawk without issues.
    But I find that you can’t drag and drop midi files from Media Bay on to Audio unit tracks.
    When you try to, it rather creates a new midi track

• @Samu said:
    I'm not too worried about the price but more with the current situation with the SEK as the Cubasis 3 price translates to 695:- SEK. ...

Which, in case anyone wonders, actually is about $74 USD, 66.5 EURO or £56.5 sterling if anyone would go to a regular money exchange service.

It is a good thing all Swedish iOS musicians are financially independent.

• @LFS said:

@Gravitas said:
    @Lars

Hi Gravitas,

Specs and features of Cubasis LE 3 will be announced with the release.

Best,
    Lar

Sorry @Lars but I have to know that now. I bought the LE version, then I upgraded to the full one, and I bought every single in app in these months. Now, I will buy the v.3 only if the transfer is allowed from my version to the new app. So?