Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.8.2 / Cubasis LE 2.8.2 available

1235»

Comments

• @LFS said:

@RajahP said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Ok, I am triggered. Cubasis is not a hundred smacker single instrument Hammond organ. It’s a powerful, intuitive, multifeatured DAW, now, isn’t it? I mean, fifty bucks and twenty five on frequent sale.... and free updates for years. And now folks want an upgrade price cause they glommed off it free for years with inapps costing a couple of bucks. And no one is forcing anyone to jettison CB2. This app has been worth thousands of dollars to me in producing almost two hundred tracks. If you use it half as much as I have you have still gotten tremendous value.

Now you expect Steinberg to invest lord knows how much time and money to rebuild it so it is better than ever and not charge another fiddy cent? No one screamed about FabFilter at a hundred and a quarter for a few (tho admittedly excellent) FX. When was the last time @LFS and team got a raise? Certainly not while they were churning out updates for free (hyperbolic rhetoric, but you get the point).

Oh, the shame!

I would have jumped on it if only Ableton Link s/s was added.. But it is promised..

Hi all,

Please take care with the wording "But it is promised.." here.

It's on our list for many years, and believe me, I would have pretty much loved to see it in Cubasis directly after its release.
    I've also directly exchanged with Ableton back then...

Unfortunately it comes at very high cost for our developers, so I am unable to give any estimate when or if we have it in Cubasis at this point!

Best,
    Lars

Im really sorry but I just dont understand what you are saying here?

BM3 which has timestretching has link, AUM has link which does not have timestretching.

I don’t understand why you cant make this happen on Cubasis? Doesn’t Cubasis has timestretching?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@LFS said:

It's on our list for many years, and believe me, I would have pretty much loved to see it in Cubasis directly after its release.

Unfortunately it comes at very high cost for our developers, so I am unable to give any estimate when or if we have it in Cubasis at this point!

Best,
    Lars

As far as I could understand, but it's just my opinion, Lars here tried to tell us that these implementations do not depend on his decisions and, I assume, that in Steinberg they (no longer?) have any intention of investing much money in this direction, despite his attempts to convince them. But I could be wrong ...

• edited December 2019

@Faland said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@LFS said:

Best,
    Lars

As far as I could understand, but it's just my opinion, Lars here tried to tell us that these implementations do not depend on his decisions and, I assume, that in Steinberg they (no longer?) have any intention of investing much money in this direction, despite his attempts to convince them. But I could be wrong ...

Ok, I see for the V2 so maybe thats the case indeed. @LFS can you confirm please?

for cubasis V3 can you be clear on exactly what the hold up is for AB link ?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @RockySmalls, well posed but flawed, IMO. CB2 is available for $24.99, I believe. That is basically sale price every day. All newbs and pros dunking their toes can go for that... or wait for a $12.50 sale! If you need better stuff like FabFilter at 30 bucks a pop, well, then you can handle a half century DAW.

Of course Steinberg (owned by Yamaha) wants to make some money. Would you have preferred an abandonment at 2.8.1 and CB frozen in time cause it was no longer a profitable endeavor? Then there would be no complaints about price increases. Just wails about dereliction of moral responsibility.

Yes, of course, newcomers will always question the price on iOS. But I doubt you will see any of these folks picketing Starbucks cause their lattes went up 10%. In that they are constant bovine consumers. There is a Turkish saying... Out of pity comes misery. iOS developers, including Steinberg, usually give great value for the Consistently low prices and probably think they are doing something good for a niche community. But no, they are shameless capitalists in search of your gold.

If you remove at least some profit motive for work done there will simply be no more work done. And that, as so well demonstrated in the former Soviet Union, always leads to a stifling of initiative and low productivity. @LFS is a spokesperson for Steinberg, but, I believe, he honestly supports this price policy.
    Imagine giving what you think is good value on an ongoing basis and being met, after a strenuous effort, with uninformed birdlets stretching their throats for more. Just cause you want it don’t make it so and people need to hear that... over and over if necessary.

flawed? moi? nevair!!
    i can’t see anything in yr post that picks up on mine.. which makes it hard to do the conversation tango! :)
    please saddle up on Buridans Ass and ride with me...
    though this:
    “ Imagine giving what you think is good value on an ongoing basis and being met, after a strenuous effort, with uninformed birdlets stretching their throats for more.”
    imagine that? no wait. i don’t have to, i’ve been doing that for 30 years..

• edited December 2019

uninformed birdlets
    stretching their throats
    for more

Very good @LinearLineman. Reminds me of Fanucci from The Godfather (godfather.fandom.com/wiki/Fanucci)

• @RockySmalls, I’m afraid that this debate proves only one thing for sure... that we both have too much time on our hands ( as I sit awaiting a fedex delivery of an updated Bose System IV radio/cd).
    I’m sorry you think I didn’t address the points you mentioned. One I will address now is your opinion that C3 is simply an update. I think that is perhaps inaccurate as I have read reviews cheering a dimensional leap. @LFS has stated C3 has been built from scratch taking years to complete, Have you purchased C3?

• edited December 2019

@[Deleted User] said:

@Faland said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@LFS said:

Best,
    Lars

Ok, I see for the V2 so maybe thats the case indeed. @Lars can you confirm please?

@Lars for cubasis V3 can you be clear on exactly what the hold up is for AB link ?

The idea is syncing multiple devices and desktop too.. My main use is getting Blocs Wave synced..

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@[Deleted User] said:

@Faland said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@LFS said:

Best,
    Lars

Ok, I see for the V2 so maybe thats the case indeed. @Lars can you confirm please?

@Lars for cubasis V3 can you be clear on exactly what the hold up is for AB link ?

He answered you already. "Unfortunately it comes at very high cost for our developers, so I am unable to give any estimate when or if we have it in Cubasis at this point!". In other words, it may not make economic sense to do it, at least for now.

It makes total sense to remodel my kitchen. Most of my neighbors have remodeled theirs. Therefore, there must be enough in my bank account to remodel mine, right?

BTW, it's @LFS , not @ Lars.

• edited December 2019

@wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Faland said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@LFS said:

Best,
    Lars

He answered you already. "Unfortunately it comes at very high cost for our developers, so I am unable to give any estimate when or if we have it in Cubasis at this point!". In other words, it may not make economic sense to do it, at least for now.

It makes total sense to remodel my kitchen. Most of my neighbors have remodeled theirs. Therefore, there must be enough in my bank account to remodel mine, right?

Uh? High cost, kitchens? What the...

• @[Deleted User] said:

@wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Faland said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@LFS said:

Best,
    Lars

Seems I've been missing to answer some questions here.

This is not the point here.

Cubasis is made by a very small team and we have to plan all of our scopes very precisely, in order to reach our goals.

Cubasis 3 is a full rewrite from scratch, which took our team several years to make. In parallel, we've maintained the former Cubasis version, including adding new features. Feel free to browse the Cubasis version history on the Apple App Store for more details. Cubasis / Cubasis LE and Cubasis 3 are huge apps, requiring clear focus in making all of this happening.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Faland said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@LFS said:

Best,
    Lars

Cubasis is made by a very small team and we have to plan all of our scopes very precisely, in order to reach our goals.

Cubasis 3 is a full rewrite from scratch, which took our team several years to make. In parallel, we've maintained the former Cubasis version, including adding new features. Feel free to browse the Cubasis version history on the Apple App Store for more details. Cubasis / Cubasis LE and Cubasis 3 are huge apps, requiring clear focus in making all of this happening.

Best,
    Lars

We are talking about ableton link, its on many other apps made by single developers. Are you saying it is extremely difficult to add? Its very unclear why it costs so much development time.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@LFS said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Faland said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@LFS said:

Best,
    Lars

Best,
    Lars

We are talking about ableton link, its on many other apps made by single developers. Are you saying it is extremely difficult to add? Its very unclear why it costs so much development time.

Most of the times when synchronization issues have been reported to the Cubasis team, I have seen either no response or a response along the lines of "too difficult to fix now" or "requires a lot of work and will take some time".
    One and a half year later my conclusion is that the Cubasis dev team simply doesn't consider beat synchronization mechanisms with other apps or gear important enough to put them on their agenda, and like you, I have a hard time understanding what took the team so long to go from version 2 to version 3 and why some issues were fixed and some weren't.

Anyway, time to spend some more quality time with DAWs that support MIDI clock and Ableton LINK.

I only wish that @LFS was able to give us a clear answer about what to expect and what not to expect, especially regarding official features that do not work properly in V2.x and have nothing to do with third-party software.

• @[Deleted User] said:

Lars

It's definitely not an easy thing to add to some DAWs, not that I know the reasons why, but I remember MTS developer saying the same thing to me. I suppose it's all down to the architecture of each particular Daw.

• @Carnbot said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Lars

It's definitely not an easy thing to add to some DAWs, not that I know the reasons why, but I remember MTS developer saying the same thing to me. I suppose it's all down to the architecture of each particular Daw.

Im glad AUM has link working perfectly 🙂 ill stick to that as i always ending up doing.

It seems to me that ableton link and midi clock syncing is not considered important enough by Cubasis since it wasn’t implemented from the ground up in V3. No need to ask anymore questions.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@[Deleted User] said:

It was an analogy, the point being that because something makes sense to do, and others are doing it, doesn’t magically make it economically possible to do so.

Not important. Not my beef / discussion anyway.

• @wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:

It was an analogy, the point being that because something makes sense to do, and others are doing it, doesn’t magically make it economically possible to do so.

Not important. Not my beef / discussion anyway.

Its ableton link, i don't believe it cost a fortune to implement.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2020

@Strizbiz said:
    I was referring to version 2.8.2, After I updated to the latest version of Cubasis 2 it’s been really really bad. I really wish I had stayed with 2.8.1, and also every time you open it , it defaults to the store window, I don’t like that at all. I already have all the iap‘s for Cubasis 2 and I’m not interested in Cubasis 3 LE. I’m really bummed out with 2.8.2 big time. I’m on OS 13.2.3 again, everything was great before I updated 🤷🏽‍♂️![]

Hi all,

Please note that the Cubasis 2.8.3 hotfix update is now available, which addresses the "app store opens at every app launch" issue.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36697/cubasis-2-8-3-hotfix-available#latest

Best wishes,
    Lars

• ALL I KNOW IS, for me personally, it appears that Cubasis a super powerful and amazing app that I have always used. It also seems that the developers obviously have NO control of the direction of the app. I actually feel bad for Lars.

Nothing could have been less exciting than to have to announce the latest paid upgrade to a crowd of customers who enjoy a very competitive market where many competitors have done the same in a way that made paid existing users feel better.

Personally and professionally, before Cubasis(NOT LARS) came with this "re buy" the app upgrade, they may have first wanted to get all other facets and functionality addressed over the year by users taken care of.

Now, it appears to be in a precarious position of double buy an app and still not having some basic sync or other features in the app yet.

I feel for Lars to be honest.

Markets will sort it out. iOS is very competitive.

• Is Cubasis 2.8.3 safe to upgrade to? I still have 2.8.1. There were enough complaints about 2.8.2 that I didn't upgrade as it seemed like the main reason to upgrade was as a waypoint to getting Cubasis 3.

Are there any problems in 2.8.3 not present in 2.8.1 or is it safe to upgrade to 2.8.3 now?

• And March finally came...

• I don’t see the point in upgrading from 2.8.1. Also, if I ever have a device that runs iPadOS, I’m sure there will be a Cubasis v3.xx sale at some juncture, so no foul...