Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.8.2 / Cubasis LE 2.8.2 available

Comments

• FPCFPC
    edited December 2019

@tja said:

@electronicsfordogs said:

@Strizbiz said:
    After the latest update performance is horrible, I just recorded a song last night and now I’m having horrible performance issues. Things are playing wayyyyyyy out of time, things are dropping in and out, man, things are bad now.

Yep, same here. Midi-timing is all over the place...
    Create a simple project, a drum module and a synth module of your choice triggered by rozetta rhythm and bassline (any midi-plugin will do), maybe add a track Ruizmaker Noir. Something like that, nothing fancy. Play with it. Start/Stop it...
    Complete mess, no fun
    If it works for the first time, close your project and load it again...
    Not very amused.

@LFS you definitely need lots more betatesters!

So timing is no better than Cubasis 2?

Surely this is terrible no? I was hopeful that a complete rebuild would have made stable, accurate timing an absolute priority above anything else...

Can any other C3 users confirm that we've still got wonky timing issues?

Y'know Cubase on my Atari St in 1990 was rock solid... This is potentially end of the line for me and Cubasis 😩

• @FPC said:

@tja said:

@Strizbiz said:
    After the latest update performance is horrible, I just recorded a song last night and now I’m having horrible performance issues. Things are playing wayyyyyyy out of time, things are dropping in and out, man, things are bad now.

Create a simple project, a drum module and a synth module of your choice triggered by rozetta rhythm and bassline (any midi-plugin will do), maybe add a track Ruizmaker Noir. Something like that, nothing fancy. Play with it. Start/Stop it...
    Complete mess, no fun
    Not very amused.

Surely this is terrible no? I was hopeful that a complete rebuild would have made stable, accurate timing an absolute priority above anything else...

Y'know Cubase on my Atari St in 1990 was rock solid... This is potentially end of the line for me and Cubasis 😩

I still have my Atari ST and an Atari Falcon.
    The midi timing is rock solid for sure, even now
    it's why the Atari's lasted so long in studios when
    Mac's and P.C's were still struggling to sync audio to midi.

Cubase on Atari and eventually on PC had
    the best midi timing bar none for quite awhile.

• @Gravitas said:

@FPC said:

@tja said:

@Strizbiz said:

Complete mess, no fun
    Not very amused.

If you want good timing then use Beatmaker 3, Groove Rider or Gadget for example.

• @Gravitas said:

@FPC said:

@tja said:

@Strizbiz said:

Complete mess, no fun
    Not very amused.

Yeah I had a pretty big midi daisy chain going on; using any synth or drum machine with midi through 1st then ending on synth with just midi in and out. It never missed a beat.

• @rs2000 said:

@Gravitas said:

@FPC said:

@tja said:

@Strizbiz said:

Complete mess, no fun
    Not very amused.

If you want good timing then use Beatmaker 3, Groove Rider or Gadget for example.

I was remarking upon the back story of Cubase and
    it's early days as a pioneer sequencer and DAW.

I've got both BM3 and Gadget though I rarely use
    the latter these days something I'm about to address.

• @rs2000 said:

@Gravitas said:

@FPC said:

@tja said:

@Strizbiz said:

Complete mess, no fun
    Not very amused.

Shouldn't have to. Cubasis 3 should be doing this. I'm still hoping it does TBH as I get on with everything else in Cubasis.

• @rs2000 said:
    Thank you guys for the warning.
    I really hope we don't have to shell out 50 bucks for getting bugs fixed in a version that won't even run on our older iDevices anymore.

yes, i would like to say ‘cheers’ to striz, dog & tja for their vanguard updating and speedy posting that ALL IS NOT WELL in Cubasis2 land.. would be good to have a little more info from them about what ios version they are rocking..
    Steinberg have kinda done me a favour with the Cubasis3 ios 13 only snap.. i won’t be going there for a while and by the time i do maybe v3 will be fully fleshed, bug free and have some of the (hopefully) NEW features that a ‘new product’ might be expected to have .. plus maybe a half price sale that can stand in for the bundle upgrade that etiquette possibly demands. ( emphasis on ‘possibly’ )
    at the moment the small pro’s and tiny con’s weigh up to an almost Buridan’s Ass situation for most of us, hopefully Steinberg will move either the water or the hay a smidge closer.
    DAWs on yr phone screen! What is U? congrats to all Hamsters in the music production game out there, your time has come.. :)

• @Bon_Tempi said:

@LFS said:
    Thanks for your postings! Glad to read that the 2.8.2 update is now visible in the App Store (released it at around 8:30 am this morning in Hamburg, Germany)!

Hi Lars - will Cubasis 2 still get maintenance and/or updates - or is 2.8.2 the last step and we have to look at it as an abandoned app from now on?

Hi @Bon_Tempi,

In terms of issues, these are planned to be addressed in Cubasis 2.

Best,
    Lars

• @FPC

Totally agree in regards to midi timing and Cubasis.

They have a team of seasoned programmers on the two major desktops and on iOS.
    Sending out apps with half arsed programming is for amateurs not seasoned professionals.

• Damn I've been having some issues since the last update... Deleted app actually... Hopefully they actually end up finishing the app before moving on completely.

• @RockySmalls said:

would be good to have a little more info from them about what ios version they are rocking..

iPad 6th gen, latest iPadOS.
    cheers

• @FPC said:

just to get some possible confusion out of the way: we are talking about the 2.8.2 update.
    I can't say anything on V3...
    cheers

• @rs2000 said:
    I really hope we don't have to shell out 50 bucks for getting bugs fixed in a version that won't even run on our older iDevices anymore.

I was referring to version 2.8.2, After I updated to the latest version of Cubasis 2 it’s been really really bad. I really wish I had stayed with 2.8.1, and also every time you open it , it defaults to the store window, I don’t like that at all. I already have all the iap‘s for Cubasis 2 and I’m not interested in Cubasis 3 LE. I’m really bummed out with 2.8.2 big time. I’m on OS 13.2.3 again, everything was great before I updated 🤷🏽‍♂️

• @electronicsfordogs said:

@RockySmalls said:

would be good to have a little more info from them about what ios version they are rocking..

iPad 6th gen, latest iPadOS.
    cheers

thanks again for info.. hope you don’t have to wait too long for a fix.. meantime in pontoon parlance for me its a ‘stick’ rather than twist..

• @Strizbiz said:

@rs2000 said:

I was referring to version 2.8.2, After I updated to the latest version of Cubasis 2 it’s been really really bad. I really wish I had stayed with 2.8.1, and also every time you open it , it defaults to the store window, I don’t like that at all. I already have all the iap‘s for Cubasis 2 and I’m not interested in Cubasis 3 LE. I’m really bummed out with 2.8.2 big time. I’m on OS 13.2.3 again, everything was great before I updated 🤷🏽‍♂️

Hi,

You should be able to close the shop window, and it should not be opened again?

What other issues do you have?

Best
    Lars

• FPCFPC
    edited December 2019

@FPC said:

just to get some possible confusion out of the way: we are talking about the 2.8.2 update.
    I can't say anything on V3...
    cheers

Oops no. I have no idea why I posted on this thread! I really want to go V3 but I'll be gutted if the timing is still all over the place.
    I couldn't even just drop samples (wav) onto the timeline recently. They were sounding way after they should have. Strangely I got them to behave by adding an AU filter (that I didn't even want or need) to the channel.

Another time I just had to give up on using Rozeta xox on Ruismaker FM it couldn't stay in time for more about a bar....

• @LFS said:

Of course we can close the shop window, but
    every_single_time_you_start_cubasis_2.8.2_it_opens_the_shop_window
    Every time. Why?
    lutz

• @LFS said:

@Bon_Tempi said:

@LFS said:
    Thanks for your postings! Glad to read that the 2.8.2 update is now visible in the App Store (released it at around 8:30 am this morning in Hamburg, Germany)!

Hi Lars - will Cubasis 2 still get maintenance and/or updates - or is 2.8.2 the last step and we have to look at it as an abandoned app from now on?

Hi @Bon_Tempi,

In terms of issues, these are planned to be addressed in Cubasis 2.

Best,
    Lars

Oh, thanks a lot!
    Again, if you need some real-world MIDI testing, feel free to get in touch :+1

• @electronicsfordogs said:

@LFS said:

Every time. Why?
    lutz

...it's called aggressive marketing ...that's why

• edited December 2019

• 2.8.2 here - shop opens every time I open cubasis.

• @ajmiller said:
    2.8.2 here - shop opens every time I open cubasis.

+1 Very annoying.

• I’m glad to have deleted my copy from the iPad, at least, if I’ll change my mind and reinstall it, I have 2.8.1 still. Not in the roadmap atm, anyway...

• @ajmiller said:
    2.8.2 here - shop opens every time I open cubasis.

Seems they've taken a page from IK multimedia

• @LFS said:
    Hi,

What other issues do you have?

Best
    Lars

It keeps coming back. Really not a good look. Worth putting out an update just to fix that imo.

• edited December 2019

@LFS said:

Every time. Why?
    lutz

Yeah, same problem here...very annoying...

• 2.8.2 shop not opening here, lands on most recently opened project as usual. Seems like a bug rather than marketing for those with the shop issue. FWIW I’ve been stoked with Cubasis and its long and free update pathway. I’ve got steinberg hardware and hope the Le v3 / iap transfer will eventually be available....if not I’ll wait for a sale and dip into the $ pool as needed. Either way cubasis has been incredible value

• tjatja
    edited December 2019

@LFS honestly, the new C2 is simply broken!

The questions are:

1) will you fix this?

2) Has C3 the same problems?

I updated one device but realy did not expect such big problems.
    As long as those issues get fixed, OK - but i realy hope, this is not just a trick to get people buy C3, as C2 simply does not work anymore!

P.S I wanted to upload a screen recording, but that was not possible.
    Will upload to DropBox and edit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jybkaxh5x2kxenb/RPReplay_Final1576775195.MP4?dl=0

Can you access this?

Uploading from Photos to Dropbox was an adventure in itself (i needed to allow access to my contacts and then select at least one contact to upload at all!!!)

This project is nearly empty, one MIDI track with Rozeta Particles triggers Phasemaker.
    And it crackles like hell!!!

Now, don't tell me to change settings - your defaults should work for such a minimal project!

• @Gravitas said:
    I've got both BM3 and Gadget though I rarely use
    the latter these days something I'm about to address.

As long as it still is the only way to run a dozen instances of iMonoPoly at the same time, I'll keep Gadget for sure.

• @tja said:
    @LFS honestly, the new C2 is simply broken!

The questions are:

1) will you fix this?

2) Has C3 the same problems?

I updated one device but realy did not expect such big problems.
    As long as those issues get fixed, OK - but i realy hope, this is not just a trick to get people buy C3, as C2 simply does not work anymore!

P.S I wanted to upload a screen recording, but that was not possible.
    Will upload to DropBox and edit.

Hi tja,

Could you please let me have more details, what actually is broken in Cubasis 2.8.2?

Thanks
    Lars