Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Questions about Lumbeat iBassist

Hi,

I'm not completely sure that this is the right place to ask this questions, but as there are on this forum many topics about other apps than Audiobus, I will ask here...

I have a few questions about how to use iBassist software. I read the manual but some features are still a mystery for me. Maybe someone will be able to answer to the following questions.

1 - I try to build a bassline (Chameleon, for the record) which contains both the following features: anacrusis (the line start before beat 1) and chromaticism (the line makes use of tones that are not in the scale/chord).

For the anacrusis, I can deal with it by using a partial bar in song mode that will just play once, but I think it is quite annoying to create a song for this. Is there a way of making the line start at a given beat (namely, 3rd beat).

As for the chromaticism (in my case, the line goes G, Ab, A, Bb), I don't have a clue on how to handle that...

2 - Is this possible to use iBassist as a MIDI sound module (it is possible for the drums apps).

3 - I really don't understand what does the "double circle" icon (which is under the padlock). If anyone could tell me...

Thanks in advance for your help.
Pim.

Comments

• @Pim999 said:
    1 - I try to build a bassline (Chameleon, for the record)

I'd build that bassline in a Piano Roll-type MIDI App (like Xequence 2). That's not the intent of iBassist. It's a bassline generator. If you create the baselines then do that externally to this app. This is where the iPad shines... using tools like audiobus, etc. Very low cost music production environments compared to PC's. But harder to learn and master for live work.

2 - Is this possible to use iBassist as a MIDI sound module.
    is it possible for the drums apps).

I think they all have MIDI in options to drive them from Xequence 2, etc.

3 - I really don't understand what does the "double circle" icon (which is under the padlock). If anyone could tell me...

Not sure but I wanted to post something to keep your questions on the front page.

• The double circle links lines to sequences

• Thanks to both of you for these answers.

Regarding the use of Xequence for bass line, it is the solution that I use for the moment. But it would be handy to be able to use chromaticism and anacrusis right into iBassist: it would allow me to use the jam mode, which is really a very good feature.