Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DJ mixing type app suggestions to use in AUM or other AU host?

2»

Comments

• @j_liljedahl said:

@osKar said:

@j_liljedahl said:
    Why would I stop developing AUM (an app focussed on mixing, hosting and recording) just because Michael released Loopy Pro (an awesome app focussed on live looping)? I have a huge update in the works and even bigger plans for the future :)

Just because two apps have some overlap in what they can do, doesn't mean one has to replace one with the other or stop using one of them. Just use the right tool for the job and keep supporting indie devs like Michael and me so we can continue developing our apps!

PS. I have a ToDo item for a bus crossfading node.

Wow big thanks for your comment! :-) I‘m really grateful for what you‘ve done with AUM. I don‘t wanted to sound mean or anything negative. In fact the jam sessions I came up with AUM in a short time are all sounding marvelous. It‘s a creative playground for sure. How can I support you even further?

Looking forward to that big update!

No worries, thanks! Positive app store reviews are always helpful, as is spreading the word, buying a developers apps (obviously), and not saying things like "you don't need app A now that we have app B" ;)

yes, sorry about that. That wasn‘t meant to stray people away from AUM. infact I didn’t try out Loopy Pro at all. I guess I didn‘t give this much thought. ok, I‘ll write a review for AUM, no problem! it‘s getting five stars for sure ;-)

• edited January 2022

@osKar said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@osKar said:

@j_liljedahl said:
    Why would I stop developing AUM (an app focussed on mixing, hosting and recording) just because Michael released Loopy Pro (an awesome app focussed on live looping)? I have a huge update in the works and even bigger plans for the future :)

Just because two apps have some overlap in what they can do, doesn't mean one has to replace one with the other or stop using one of them. Just use the right tool for the job and keep supporting indie devs like Michael and me so we can continue developing our apps!

PS. I have a ToDo item for a bus crossfading node.

Wow big thanks for your comment! :-) I‘m really grateful for what you‘ve done with AUM. I don‘t wanted to sound mean or anything negative. In fact the jam sessions I came up with AUM in a short time are all sounding marvelous. It‘s a creative playground for sure. How can I support you even further?

Looking forward to that big update!

No worries, thanks! Positive app store reviews are always helpful, as is spreading the word, buying a developers apps (obviously), and not saying things like "you don't need app A now that we have app B" ;)

yes, sorry about that. That wasn‘t meant to stray people away from AUM. infact I didn’t try out Loopy Pro at all. I guess I didn‘t give this much thought. ok, I‘ll write a review for AUM, no problem! it‘s getting five stars for sure ;-)

Thanks, I appreciate it! o:)

• edited July 2022

Hi all.

Are there any updates on this?

I'm doing DAWless jams with AUM and using sequencers & Synths.

I'd like to add the possibility of djing and mixing commercial tracks within AUM while maintaining the other tracks (MIDI, synths, FXs, and so on)

At the moment I'm using the File Player, which works great, but it is limited to have cue points and set loops like in any standard DJ software.

It looks like DJDJ Mixing App is the only DJ app able to be loaded into AUM as an AU plugin? It has not been updated since 2019.

Any other alternatives?

Thanks,

• @alexrm1x said:
    Hi all.

Are there any updates on this?

I'm doing DAWless jams with AUM and using sequencers & Synths.

I'd like to add the possibility of djing and mixing commercial tracks within AUM while maintaining the other tracks (MIDI, synths, FXs, and so on)

At the moment I'm using the File Player, which works great, but it is limited to have cue points and set loops like in any standard DJ software.

It looks like DJDJ Mixing App is the only DJ app able to be loaded into AUM as an AU plugin? It has not been updated since 2019.

Any other alternatives?

Thanks,

GOOD FIND!! i've been looking for something close for years.. still not quite what i want but dang that's close!! wish i would have seen it back when lol.. did you ever grab it? does it work well? any luck on any new leads? .. thanks!

• Pro beats is a cool loop player and free

https://taqs.im/pro-beats/