Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

slightly OT: Cosmic Laundries... an opz album recorded on ipad

Hi!
i've just released my new album, it's op-z based but i used my iPad for the mastering and to record some vocals and bass vi parts...
you can listen it here if you want :)

https://ditto.fm/cosmic-laundries

I don't want to start any flame war opz vs ios, but feel free to ask any question on the workflow differences between opz and my still beloved iOS :)
as a note i have to say that opz has a couple of killer features on the creative side that i'd really like to see on iOS step sequencers like the possibility to slow down the step resolution of a single part and to change keys in realtime only for the desired parts... if they will be implemented in grooverider as example it would be even more awesome :)
Speaking about the synth quality instead, iOS win hands down :)

Thanks for your attention :)
Luca

Comments

• Ahhhh, really nice! All of these are super in my wheelhouse, stylistically. I do have questions!

So, minus bass, everything else was the OPZ? Like even the piano sound and guitar sound? Like especially on Grey Sun. Having had a Pocket Operator I'm itching for an OPZ, especially since so many people say it plays pretty nicely with iOS now (ie ability to record and monitor, hooks up with AUM nicely etc).

I'm hoping Drambo can cure the p-lock, weird sh!t itch I have so that I don't need to drop $4-500 bucks on one of these lol... I just want to get a little weird with step sequencing but don't know I need a dedicated piece of hardware for it...

But anyway, awesome job! You happen to have a BandCamp page? Prefer to spend monies there given how pants streaming is for artists..

• Thank you! i'm glad you like it!

not really, bass vi is like a baritone guitar and it's playing all the guitar parts on Grey sun and Helping hand, so all bass parts are from the opz while the guitar ones not. Everything else, piano included, is coming from opz.

I hope too for drambo! by the way, i've not yet played with both iOS and Opz together but i've listen to some great songs (especially from @echoopera) so I think they play really well together.

At the moment i've no bootcamp page for this project but i'm planning to have one very soon :)

Thank you again for the feedback! very appreciated :)
    Luca