Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

shapesynth by Erik Sigth updated with auv3 support

2»

Comments

• I don’t know how I missed this either. It’s really good!

• edited May 2020

@qryss said:
    I don’t know how I missed this either. It’s really good!

Funky l'il thing that I can really "picture" in some of my future music. Often this is not the case, where I'll purchase an app that has everything that I should like but for some reason or the other just doesn't grab me. This one did.

• edited May 2020

Anyone knows what “limited MPE support” stands for?

EDIT: never mind. I’ve just purchased the bundle, but if anybody knows, please, speak.

• edited May 2020

I haven’t got one so I don’t know if the analogy is accurate, but isn’t this close to a bargain-basement OP-1 for the iPad? I’m thinking particularly of the way you can run, and sync, ‘tape’ recordings of what you are doing live in app, alongside sequenced parts. Frankly I’m not quite sure I understand it fully, but I’m sure making some fun noises with it trying to learn it.

• I think I was also a bit mystified by this when I got it, because I never use it, should give it another look, this dev does cool stuff

• @Gavinski said:
    I think I was also a bit mystified by this when I got it, because I never use it, should give it another look, this dev does cool stuff

It’s pretty fancy, albeit intimidating. The sequencing function combined with the arpeggiator and recorder can make for some very fun textures.

• thank you very much (for both presets)!

• wtf... just found out @humbletune blocked me on twitter :cry: lol
    I don't use it often. Wondering if I had some security breach :worried:
    But thanks for these presets, @White
    Long time fan of Erik's stuff.

• Well after years of lusting after this, I bought the entire humble bundle which comes with this, Frekvens, Elsa, and strng. Man have I been missing out. Shape synth sounds great, as do all the others. Gonna be having lots of fun with these.

• I love his apps, OP-1 for the iPad, though I haven't used them recently, so re-learning their UIs will be tough at first. Gotta find the sweet spots, which there are many. Tardigrain is a Top 3 synth for me. Frekvens is a top 3 FX. imo.

• edited April 2023

@StudioES said:
    I love his apps, OP-1 for the iPad, though I haven't used them recently, so re-learning their UIs will be tough at first. Gotta find the sweet spots, which there are many. Tardigrain is a Top 3 synth for me. Frekvens is a top 3 FX. imo.

I’ve had Tardigrain since release I believe. And it really is excellent. As well as a few others, it just took me a while to get around to the apps in the bundle. Agreed, though. Very OP-1 inspired. I miss my OP-1 dearly so perhaps that’s why I’m having such a blast with them.

• So - quick question about the tape looper in this. After recording, is there any way to change the start / end points? And any way to do crossfades?

• I can see the set / remove loop pointer icon but am somewhat flummoxed by its behaviour. Is there a way to scroll back and forth along the tape with your finger and set an exact start / end point? This 'set loop pointer' button also seems to function as a rewind so I'm very confused how it can do all 3. Must be missing something. This is why these apps need manuals lol.

• @HotStrange said:
    Well after years of lusting after this, I bought the entire humble bundle which comes with this, Frekvens, Elsa, and strng. Man have I been missing out. Shape synth sounds great, as do all the others. Gonna be having lots of fun with these.

I didn't have any of the apps in the bundle, and having noticed recently that I share a lot of favourite apps with you I grabbed it. Liking Strng a lot, Shapesynth looks like it's going to be fun to spend hours in, Frekvens has some nice potential though I haven't found the right source sound to go with it yet, and e-l-s-a makes nice sounds but I wish I could use my own samples instead of having to record into it.

• @FastGhost said:

@HotStrange said:
    Well after years of lusting after this, I bought the entire humble bundle which comes with this, Frekvens, Elsa, and strng. Man have I been missing out. Shape synth sounds great, as do all the others. Gonna be having lots of fun with these.

I didn't have any of the apps in the bundle, and having noticed recently that I share a lot of favourite apps with you I grabbed it. Liking Strng a lot, Shapesynth looks like it's going to be fun to spend hours in, Frekvens has some nice potential though I haven't found the right source sound to go with it yet, and e-l-s-a makes nice sounds but I wish I could use my own samples instead of having to record into it.

You can use your own samples but it has to be through AudioCopy unfortunately. I have that app as well, it’s just a bit more clunky. Surprisingly Shape Synth is my favorite of the lot but all 4 are really great imo. I can see myself getting a ton of use out of these. Really great for experimentation. Especially strng. If you haven’t tried Tardigrain I recommend it as well. It’s probably my favorite app of his.

• @Gavinski said:
    I can see the set / remove loop pointer icon but am somewhat flummoxed by its behaviour. Is there a way to scroll back and forth along the tape with your finger and set an exact start / end point? This 'set loop pointer' button also seems to function as a rewind so I'm very confused how it can do all 3. Must be missing something. This is why these apps need manuals lol.

If you hit the question mark and then tap on the parameter it gives you a decent bit of info about it. I can check when I get back home tonight because I can’t tell right off the top of my head. Seems like there should be lol

• @HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:
    I can see the set / remove loop pointer icon but am somewhat flummoxed by its behaviour. Is there a way to scroll back and forth along the tape with your finger and set an exact start / end point? This 'set loop pointer' button also seems to function as a rewind so I'm very confused how it can do all 3. Must be missing something. This is why these apps need manuals lol.

If you hit the question mark and then tap on the parameter it gives you a decent bit of info about it. I can check when I get back home tonight because I can’t tell right off the top of my head. Seems like there should be lol

It does yes, but the info is often severely lacking in detail! Same goes for all Erik's apps. Why do you think pretty much no youtubers ever do spoken walkthroughs on them? 😂

• @HotStrange I have Tardigrain too, but every time I play with it I end up going back to SpaceCraft. I think it just makes noises that work better with my music.

• @FastGhost said:
    @HotStrange I have Tardigrain too, but every time I play with it I end up going back to SpaceCraft. I think it just makes noises that work better with my music.

Despite loving sampling and granular synths, I haven’t bought Spacecraft yet. I’ve been wanting to, but now that I know there’s a new version in the works, I’m trying to hold out. It’s the only granular synth I don’t have I think. Well that and grain science.

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

It does yes, but the info is often severely lacking in detail! Same goes for all Erik's apps. Why do you think pretty much no youtubers ever do spoken walkthroughs on them? 😂

Lol true true 😂 I think I’m still a little in the dark on how exactly Rymdigare works sometimes. I mean I know the basics of them all but sometimes I’m just twiddling knobs.

• "I’m just twiddling knobs" is words to live by.