Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Newbie: App to play MIDI backing track files?

Newbie question (just signed up on board)... Appreciate any direction and help available!

Here's my desired scenario: I create MIDI files (5-6 tracks max) in Sibelius 7.5 on a PC. I'd like to be able to load that MIDI file (*.mid) on my iPad Pro (2018 11"), then play it (looped or not) as a backing track for accompanying my acoustic string instruments (not just guitar) performances, using the sounds from Oriental Strings (Crudebyte) or other quality sound modules, with each MIDI track using a different sound. Since I'm performing, at a minimum I also need to control the pause/play from my foot pedal (Airturn BT200|s-4).

Note that I do not play keyboard, and do not own a keyboard/MIDI controller. Also, I'm not interested in recording at this time, as the audio out will be used as a live backing track, fed into a small amp, along with my instrument. Down the line, a D.I. out from the amp will be used as the audio feed for video recording...but that's not today.

Apps I have at the moment include...

• lumbeats Md-East Drummer: love this one and would like to incorporate it in the above scenario if possible, along with DrumPefect Pro.
  • Crudebytes Oriental Strings.
  • Sweet Midi player: seems too basic, can't figure out how to set each track in the file to a different sound
  • Bismark bs-16i: not great as a MIDI file player, not sure it's use here.
  • Auria: I have the "regular" version, non Pro, without the MIDI capabilities.
  • Audiobus 3 and AUM both, as needed

Isn't this possible? Suggestions taken gratefully...!

Thanks all...

Comments

• Check multitracker app bu Sebastian Sygulla. Very complete (a bit pricey but it depends on your goal) and does audio and midi tracks with very focused on backing tracks.

• Xequence 2 with AB3 and/or AUM

• @mjcouche said:
    Xequence 2 with AB3 and/or AUM

Yep. Xequence 2 would be my vote.

• Thanks all, I will check those apps out. So far, Xequence looks like it will do the job... Just hope the learning curve is manageable.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Is there a MIDI file player AUv3 app that works well in AUM... or an IAA capable app? Xequence,AB3 and AUM are so powerful together. Worth mastering for complete control of MIDI+Audio.

Cubasis can import MIDI and assign AUv3/IAAI Instruments along with most capable DAW apps. then you call up each project but I’m not sure about the foot pedal input for transport.

I’d render the audio and use a good Looper for a live performance.

• Photon AU
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/photon-au/id1441542979

I don’t have it but I’m pretty sure that’s what it does...

• Excellent...more apps to research! Appreciate the feedback...