Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple hardware woes.

All is not good with modern Apple hardware and software reports the latest Tom's Guide! How are you finding it?

https://www.tomsguide.com/opinion/the-16-inch-macbook-pro-has-a-major-quality-control-problem

Comments

• My iPhone 7 hasn't been running smoothly on 13. I love the 13 operating system but it gets a bit slow when I have too many apps open, which never happened before. TBF I am using a lot of the storage capacity and need to clean it out a bit but I am among one of the users who has noticed some bugginess on 13.

• Not good.

My mate bought a top spec, top end MBP last year - cost a fortune - and had no end of problems. Apple couldn’t fix it, and he ended up selling it for a hefty loss.

I don’t think I’d get another MBP (even if I could afford it), despite being happy with my 2012 model. I’d rather invest in a decent iPad for mobile use.

• Me and my business partner both got a 16inch MacBook this week and his doesn’t recognise the graphics card in it properly. It’s on its way back to Apple today.

• @gregsmith said:
    Me and my business partner both got a 16inch MacBook this week and his doesn’t recognise the graphics card in it properly. It’s on its way back to Apple today.

how is yours doing?

• I've been a Mac user since 1994, those were the days when Apple was the best choice for pro audio and I have sadly seen over the years the quality of this company's products go slowly down the drain.

• @kobamoto said:

@gregsmith said:
    Me and my business partner both got a 16inch MacBook this week and his doesn’t recognise the graphics card in it properly. It’s on its way back to Apple today.

how is yours doing?

Fine thus far 🤞
    Gonna have a check for crackles and ghosts today though!

• @Faland said:
    I've been a Mac user since 1994, those were the days when Apple was the best choice for pro audio and I have sadly seen over the years the quality of this company's products go slowly down the drain.

Look at how much profit they're making. You don't make that much loot without cutting corners.

• Put you off buying anything new from Apple I’m on a iPad Pro 9.7 (2016) and MBP 13” i5 early 2015 and both work fine. The only problem that will see the end of them is battery longtivity.

After that will probably be Windows for the MBP and live in hope for a iPad Pro without problems.

• Beardyman is simply amazing.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Put you off buying anything new from Apple I’m on a iPad Pro 9.7 (2016) and MBP 13” i5 early 2015 and both work fine. The only problem that will see the end of them is battery longtivity.

After that will probably be Windows for the MBP and live in hope for a iPad Pro without problems.

The latest iMacs seem to get good reviews, so I'll be up for one of those when the sales start (if they ever do). Aside from that it's a new iPad for me - either an Air 3, or a Pro, if I can talk the Mrs into it.

• @gregsmith said:

@kobamoto said:

@gregsmith said:

how is yours doing?

Fine thus far 🤞
    Gonna have a check for crackles and ghosts today though!

Same here .. mine fine .. thus far

• edited December 2019

I’ve bought about 10 MBPs and MBAs in the last nine months - of various sizes. All fine except one had a failed USB-C port. Apple replaced the whole machine. Really no problems at all apart from the horrible butterfly keyboard - but they’ve replaced that on the new ones.

Over the last ten years I must have bought around 100 Macs - mostly iMacs - and I’ve never bought AppleCare because there have been zero hardware problems (except that one USB-C port).

I’ll be getting a 16” soon. Very interested to see what it’s like.

• edited December 2019

Not that the plural of anecdote is data, but I got a 16" MBP on day of release and have been super happy with it.

No ghosting or crackling, although I've heard Apple is releasing a software fix for the crackling.

• I have also bought many, many Apple products over the years since I first had a Mac II in the late 80s.

I'm typing this on a 5K iMac from Late 2015. It's awesome and has been fantastic in every way. I've had numerous iPhones and iPads although my last iPad is an Air 2. That's because it's still going strong and works perfectly. it is feeling a tad slow for music software but I can't complain about that.

My newest Apple products, an iPhone 11 and my AirPods that I got for Xmas last year have been flawless.

Every laptop has been fantastic except for one; My 2016 MacBook Pro.

One bad Apple -- A complete Lemon. :lol:

• @klownshed said:
    I have also bought many, many Apple products over the years since I first had a Mac II in the late 80s.

I'm typing this on a 5K iMac from Late 2015. It's awesome and has been fantastic in every way. I've had numerous iPhones and iPads although my last iPad is an Air 2. That's because it's still going strong and works perfectly. it is feeling a tad slow for music software but I can't complain about that.

My newest Apple products, an iPhone 11 and my AirPods that I got for Xmas last year have been flawless.

Every laptop has been fantastic except for one; My 2016 MacBook Pro.

One bad Apple -- A complete Lemon. :lol:

I’ve heard lots of good things about the iMacs, including this years model, so that’s definitely on the list.

I seem to have been lucky with my last few purchases: 7 year old MBP, 4+ year old Air 2, three year old iphone SE...

• Not a single issue with my 16" MBP either, works great and I LOVE the new keyboard. Soooo much better than the one on my '17.

• edited December 2019

2015 or so seems to have been a good year for Apple hardware. Hard to believe my MBP is going on 5 years old. Not a single issue with it. Zero. Built like a tank and works flawlessly.

My iPhone 8 has also been exceptionally solid, though I think the battery is starting to go. Clearly iOS has has it's downs and modest ups.

I'd be nervous about buying new Apple hardware.

• edited December 2019

iPhonedo - Forget Mac Pro, 16" MacBook Pro is Great! — In-Depth Review

The surround sound and balanced sound are impressive!