Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 keeps crashing iPad Pro 12.9 2018 iOS 13.3

Hello,

Since I have updated my iPad Pro to iOS 13.3 Audiobus 3 opens correctly the first time, then when closed, it will not reopen and keeps crashing.

Anyone else?

@Michael

I don’t want to reset iPad since I will have to redownload 130 Gbr of music apps...

Comments

• Have you rebooted?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Have you rebooted?

@Tones4Christ said:
    Have you rebooted?

Yes.

When rebooted it opens the first time, then after closing, keeps crashing.

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Have you rebooted?

@Tones4Christ said:
    Have you rebooted?

Yes.

When rebooted it opens the first time, then after closing audiobus, it keeps crashing.

• Try creating a new preset.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Try creating a new preset.

Tried. After creating it. I close and then it won’t open. So strange.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    @Michael
    Sent.

Thanks! I’ll check it out and get back to you tomorrow

• @Michael said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    @Michael
    Sent.

Thanks! I’ll check it out and get back to you tomorrow

Just to let You know, suddenly I have the same problem also on IPhone (Pro Max iOS 13.3). Same log error as IPad EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT).
    I’ll send You complete log trough mail.

• Strange things. If I closed Audiobus then I’ll try to reopen it immediately the app crashed, but if I wait 5 minutes to open again, it works as usual.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@Charlesalbert said:
    Strange things. If I closed Audiobus then I’ll try to reopen it immediately the app crashed, but if I wait 5 minutes to open again, it works as usual.

Got enough free space on your iPad storage?

• I’ve spent The night formatting iPad and reinstalling all apps. A 4 Hours nightmare. Now is all working again, and also on IPhone is not crashing anymore. So strange but true.
    Thanks all for the support❤️

• Thanks for the crash logs, @Charlesalbert! Looks like you've discovered a new iOS bug! Huzzah. Reporting it to my contacts @ Apple.

• @Michael said:
    Thanks for the crash logs, @Charlesalbert! Looks like you've discovered a new iOS bug! Huzzah. Reporting it to my contacts @ Apple.

Ah glad it wasn’t my bad, but a bug. Thanks for all @Michael.

I’ve restored my IPad and now all is working again. It took me about 8 hours😂😂😂never again

• Is anyone else having this problem?

This is making me very scared to update my iPad. I've been otherwise keeping up on iPadOS 13 updates because of bugfixes.

• @swiss6th said:
    Is anyone else having this problem?

This is making me very scared to update my iPad. I've been otherwise keeping up on iPadOS 13 updates because of bugfixes.

I don’t know what the bug was really about but restoring iPad, using the same iOS version bugged, all works fine now.

Maybe @Michael can explain better.

• This bug seems to exist on at least 13.1, possibly earlier too, so it’s not new per se. Can’t say what it was exactly that triggered it here, and why restoring fixed it, though. The bug is a crash in the system that lists audio units, and it occurs if one is using it while an audio unit is being discovered by the system at the same time.

• @Michael said:
    This bug seems to exist on at least 13.1, possibly earlier too, so it’s not new per se. Can’t say what it was exactly that triggered it here, and why restoring fixed it, though. The bug is a crash in the system that lists audio units, and it occurs if one is using it while an audio unit is being discovered by the system at the same time.

Ah. Thanks for the details… Maybe I'll dive in anyway, since there aren't more people chiming in with this issue.

• @swiss6th said:

@Michael said:
    This bug seems to exist on at least 13.1, possibly earlier too, so it’s not new per se. Can’t say what it was exactly that triggered it here, and why restoring fixed it, though. The bug is a crash in the system that lists audio units, and it occurs if one is using it while an audio unit is being discovered by the system at the same time.

Ah. Thanks for the details… Maybe I'll dive in anyway, since there aren't more people chiming in with this issue.

That’s where I’m at too. Normally I’m quick to update but this thread made me nervous and I’m also generally more hesitant now after one of the iOS 12 updates caused major problems with Audiobus. I think I’m just going to go for it and will report back if anything comes up. 😬😬😬

• Good luck!

• The update seems to be successful for me! No issues so far. 😎