Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

XMAS/HOLIDAY SONGS?

edited December 2019 in Creations

Do you have a Christmas/Holiday song that you would like to share here?

Here’s one from a few years back. Although it has a distinct lack of sleigh bells, etc.
it falls into the “Christmas song” category because MrsChasteen’s lyrics were inspired by a reading of J. Joyce’s “The Dead”
It was improvised in the studio.
Deborah Chasteen - vocals, lyrics
Me- guitar, sweet sweet feedback
Thomas Eatonton - bass
Doug Throgmorton - drums
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for listening and please share your work.

Comments

• Did this more than a few years ago-

One of the 1st pieces completed on my iPad. I've since stripped the paint off our front door and it has a natural stain. :D

• edited December 2019

Christmas songs at the stude were always special. This one is no exception. I think this classic cover's still awesome after several years. Me on verse vocals and bgvs, rhythm gtrs, and cool cat joe bass. Man just listening to this gave me some fuzzy feelings I haven't felt in years. Hope you enjoy!

• edited December 2019

@JeffChasteen said:

Here’s one from a few years back. Although it has a distinct lack of sleigh bells, etc.
    it falls into the “Christmas song” category because MrsChasteen’s lyrics were inspired by a reading of J. Joyce’s “The Dead”
    Thomas Eatonton - bass
    Doug Throgmorton - drums

Whoa that's awesome. I love hearing other people's ad lib stuff they produce once they get in the studio. That feeling when magic happens...yeah man. Loved the 'lavender blue and lavender green' lyric section of this. I seriously picked up smoking when I was 18 in the hopes of developing a voice like Mrs. Chasteen's (it never happened, as you can tell if you listen to the choirboy on my track). Great arrangement and ominous feel. I can never help but compare to other artists if the link is close enough, so I'll say this reminded me of Suzanne Langille's work with guitarist Loren Conners.

• Got just one from 1999 or so. Its stashed in the "what was I thinking?" pile now though. :D

• I learned the solo guitar arrangement taught by Larry Carlton in his "335 Christmas" course on TrueFire. This is me butchering his arrangement, recorded to Audioshare with Frekvens as the FX app. I probably ran the guitar through Tonestack on the way to Frekvens but I forgot.

• Here is my effort from a few years back. Turkey Plucking Xmas. The lament of the lonely turkey plucker

• edited December 2019

Edit: Sorry - didn't read the OP properly and posted a song by Jarvis Cocker instead of me

Deleted.

• Do it like Andy :D

• @Thomas said:
    Did this more than a few years ago-

One of the 1st pieces completed on my iPad. I've since stripped the paint off our front door and it has a natural stain. :D

That’s a lovely low-key version of one of the Xmas songs that I can stand.
    I like the details about the door, as well.
    Thanks for sharing.

• @oat_phipps said:

Christmas songs at the stude were always special. This one is no exception. I think this classic cover's still awesome after several years. Me on verse vocals and bgvs, rhythm gtrs, and cool cat joe bass. Man just listening to this gave me some fuzzy feelings I haven't felt in years. Hope you enjoy!

It is indeed still awesome.
    There ain’t a damn thing wrong with those “choirboy vocals” At one time I could get close to that, but now I sound like Howlin Wolf with emphysema.
    All of the guitar work is excellent. I also really like how the arrangement and production build up to Spectorish grandeur, drops back , and then builds to those glorious heights again.
    You did a great job, and thanks for sharing!

• @oat_phipps said:

@JeffChasteen said:

Thomas Eatonton - bass
    Doug Throgmorton - drums

Whoa that's awesome. I love hearing other people's ad lib stuff they produce once they get in the studio. That feeling when magic happens...yeah man. Loved the 'lavender blue and lavender green' lyric section of this. I seriously picked up smoking when I was 18 in the hopes of developing a voice like Mrs. Chasteen's (it never happened, as you can tell if you listen to the choirboy on my track). Great arrangement and ominous feel. I can never help but compare to other artists if the link is close enough, so I'll say this reminded me of Suzanne Langille's work with guitarist Loren Conners.

Thanks for listening and your kind words. Deborah does have a hell of a voice. She attributes it all to breathing lessons, cigarettes in the past, alcoholic beverages, and a burning need to sing.
    I am truly honored by the comparison to Conners. He is in my pantheon with James Williamson, Verlaine and Lloyd, Mick Taylor, Pete Cosey, Blixa Bargeld, and Hubert Sumlin.
    Once again, thank you for listening.

• @GovernorSilver said:
    I learned the solo guitar arrangement taught by Larry Carlton in his "335 Christmas" course on TrueFire. This is me butchering his arrangement, recorded to Audioshare with Frekvens as the FX app. I probably ran the guitar through Tonestack on the way to Frekvens but I forgot.

I hear no butchering going on.
    This is a really unique and aggressive approach to a standard. The use of Frekvens is sheer freakin’ genius. Hold your head high; you have taken a classic and made it yours.
    Thanks for sharing this with us.

• @u0421793 said:

This is demented and caustic and I love it!
    Your use of the synthesizer and particularly the vocoder brilliantly underscore the observations and questions raised in the vocals. Themes of obligation, repetition, false cheer are brilliantly left unresolved.
    Ian, thanks for sharing this gem.

• @orchardman said:
    Here is my effort from a few years back. Turkey Plucking Xmas. The lament of the lonely turkey plucker

Forlorn, bittersweet, then a jaunty deranged singalong...but that’s not all...here’s a truly disturbing interlude worthy of Scott Walker!
    All the instrumentation and vocals are first class.
    And best of all, it’s an Xmas song that “doesn’t sound like an Xmas song” It’s fantastic.
    Thanks for sharing!

• Just a little traditional Christmas tune, lol...

• @haulin_notes said:
    Just a little traditional Christmas tune, lol...

OMG...listening to this was the best part of my day so far !

• @cuscolima
    Wow, thanks! Very kind of you. Happy holidays to you, and all! 🎄🎅🏼🎁⭐️

• ‘Tis the time of year when robots (who sound a lot like BB-8) go rolling thru the neighborhood, singing Christmas carols. Please excuse Bebot’s singing... he had a little too much eggnog. And the auto-tune may not be enough to keep him in key. He means well though, lol! 😄🎄

• I feel I should point out that my Christmas hit, above, also includes a depiction of how to exit Vim. How cool is that?