Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CVquencer

13»

Comments

• @syrupcore
    Yes, great combo and idea, I think when the interfacing solutions get better it will be perfect for sequencing and effects.

• @Phil999 said:
    true, an iPad is a very powerful 'module' for modular synthesis, especially as a sequencer. And it's also true that this combination is not commonly used. Probably because of interfacing.

By the way, nice sequences you've created.

Thank you:)

• edited February 2020

Hello, I am lucky to be able to test the new midi to cv tool Covariant from the same developer . This is really cool, and the envelopes work really well, I really like that you have range on everything, it saves a lot of attenuators. Routing it out from es-9 to dreadbox whiteline osc, envelope and Modulation to filter. Tested it also with Rosetta lfo and it works, more tests tomorrow.

• What an amazing find.

• Is this much use without a multi DC output? It looks like it ours out four CV channels, so the two you get with an iOS headphone out will kinda be fun I guess… the other way I could use it is with a nice MIDI to CV interface @PeteSasqwax kindly sold me recently, if MIDI is something that this app outputs.

side question, what’s the cheapest four channel DC offset interface? There’s that massive list on the sweetwater site, but most of them are way expensive…

• @Krupa said:
    Is this much use without a multi DC output? It looks like it ours out four CV channels, so the two you get with an iOS headphone out will kinda be fun I guess… the other way I could use it is with a nice MIDI to CV interface @PeteSasqwax kindly sold me recently, if MIDI is something that this app outputs.

side question, what’s the cheapest four channel DC offset interface? There’s that massive list on the sweetwater site, but most of them are way expensive…

You can get a MOTU v cheap atm second hand.