Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you like your Microfreak?

I'm thinking of getting one. Also considering the Korg Volca Modular...

Comments

• Hiya @gkillmaster
    I like mine alot. I'm really really liking using it's control surface (keyboard?) with ios synths. The synthesis is a bonus! Frankly I am a preset/tweaking sort of guy and don't really have my head around it all that much. But it is easy to get lost in and have fun.

• I didn’t like mine at all. I no longer have it. On of the things that irked me the most was having the sound and sequence tied together.

• I really like it.

@robosardine what do you mean by sound linked to sequence out of interest?

• edited December 2019

I had to return it. I couldn't get the keys to work. Tried different power supplies, different locations to cancel grounding issues, helped some but not perfectly. I could play the keys from a good centimeter away, which meant I would often play multiple notes at once.

Granted, I may have some electro-chemical mutation. I routinely zapped the old (pre chip) credit cards/subway cards just by touching them and shock people when I shake hands all the time.

I actually tested taking the keyboard off, which was easy peasy, but I think part of the allure of the thing is the potenial after touch expressiveness. Sadly, doesn't work for me.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I really like it.

I was meaning that you create a patch and write an A/B sequence for it. You cannot then drop the same patch into the many other sequences you have written. Nor can you have a sequence and drop in lots of different patches you have previously created.

• I like it, very easy to program sounds with, haven’t used the sequencer at all yet as I use iOS sequencers mainly with it. It’s great you can automate remotely with CCs etc. I hope the firmware updates allow more access to the algorithm controls because I think there might be even more sounds possible. Keyboard is a bonus, not sure if I’ll ever take it off or not yet though, would make it even more portable.

• @robosardine said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I really like it.

I was meaning that you create a patch and write an A/B sequence for it. You cannot then drop the same patch into the many other sequences you have written. Nor can you have a sequence and drop in lots of different patches you have previously created.

Ah ok, pretty normal for hardware synths right? but that would be a nice feature. To copy paste sequences separate from patches and vice verse. Maybe via the software tool it could be possible.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@robosardine said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I really like it.

Ah ok, pretty normal for hardware synths right? but that would be a nice feature. To copy paste sequences separate from patches and vice verse. Maybe via the software tool it could be possible.

I can only think of one other that I noticed this with ( the Korg Monologue) and I’ve had a fair few.

• edited December 2019

One of my favorite synths so far. I love the aggressive yet soft and paddy patches it can create.

Started a Playlist on SoundCloud of my MF explorations:

• Super cool synth, love it :)

• Love the keyboard, but the UI doesn’t catch my fancy, so it’s sat on a shelf. In fact, I already took photos to sell it.

My friend, who’s a synth player, not a guitarist like me, played mine and went out to buy himself one the next day. It sounds killer, in the right hands.

• @kinkujin said:
    Hiya @gkillmaster
    I like mine alot. I'm really really liking using it's control surface (keyboard?) with ios synths. The synthesis is a bonus! Frankly I am a preset/tweaking sort of guy and don't really have my head around it all that much. But it is easy to get lost in and have fun.

does it transmit all it's midi arp/seq data to the midi output?

• @kobamoto said:

@kinkujin said:
    Hiya @gkillmaster

Yes, and you can turn that on or off.

That being said, I’m not sure if it sends the parameter sequencer data or just the note sequencer data. (You can record knob movements live or enter them like parameter locks as part of sequences).

• @papertiger said:

@kobamoto said:

@kinkujin said:
    Hiya @gkillmaster

Yes, and you can turn that on or off.

That being said, I’m not sure if it sends the parameter sequencer data or just the note sequencer data. (You can record knob movements live or enter them like parameter locks as part of sequences).

:) 👋 thanks