Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VoxSyn Pro - Voice Controlled Synthesizer and Vocoder by Virsyn

124»

Comments

• Question: is there a way to create new synth patches for VoxSyn pro. The only not editing I see is for a few parameters rather than things like the vcos and filters

@VirSyn ?

• @VirSyn said:

@robertreynolds said:

@TimRussell said:
    Anyone using this yet? If so, how is it?

It’s interesting but I’m not really sure I get it completely (or get how it’s different from Voxsyn which I don’t own). I kept trying to use it as a traditional vocoder by pressing the keys but they don’t seem to actually do anything. You just sing, talk or make sounds into it. There is an input sensitivity dial which was set really high on first install, resulting in lots of continuous random sounds generated from background audio. Once I turned it down, it started only picking up my voice. The presets are pretty good, some expanding beyond the typical vocoder sound. I may actually use this in a composition at some point but even if I don’t, it’s pretty fun just to sing into.

Just switch off "Voice/MIDI" then you can use the built in hex keyboard or MIDI Notes to vocode in traditional style.

So glad I found this. I almost considered refunding my Pro purchase because I couldn’t figure out how to play the fun hex keyboard like in the IAA version. Cool.I now it’s all good. :)

• I noticed that if I load Voxsyn Pro mfx version into apeMatrix it crashes immediately. The effect one works fine.

Anyone have this same issue?

I tried the mfx version in AUM too. Although it doesn’t crash, it doesn’t work quite right either. Inconsistent.

Again, the effect AU works as it should in both hosts. It’s only the mfx version that appears to have a bug/problem

• Loving This one myself. Making lil riffs with it in aum and sending em to BM3 for chopping is hella fun. I find it much more responsive to my voice than the OG voxsyn

• VoxSyn drum and bass - bass demo by me.

test using my voice (one take) through
    ‎VoxSyn Pro (iOS) and Tantrum vst (osx - just for distortion)

Goldie would be proud I guess...:)

• edited February 2020

@VirSyn
    bad news:(
    pls ppl confirm if its only me...
    VoxSyn Pro doesnt appear here in AUM or Audiobus! (ios 13 and 12)
    both iPhone SE and iPad Air 3!
    the standalone works ok.

• edited February 2020

@waka_x said:
    @VirSyn
    bad news:(
    pls ppl confirm if its only me...
    VoxSyn Pro doesnt appear here in AUM or Audiobus! (latest ios)
    both iPhone SE and iPad Air 3!
    the standalone works ok.

It needs to be loaded into an FX not instrument slot.

• oh
    thanks @espiegel123
    silly me...:)

• @waka_x said:
    oh
    thanks @espiegel123
    silly me...:)

Through me for a loop at first, too.

• I don't know whether there is/was a killer tut for this because I am blundering around, but you can get some excellent noise out of the object...imagine folks somewhere are being very creative with it....

• Does anyone know if there is a way to visually expose CC numbers or is there a midi learn function with Voxsyn Pro? For what whatever reason I’m only able to record automation from within Cubasis 2 with only the one parameter that I can tell. The BRIGHT button. I can’t seem to record any other parameters? Anyways if there’s a way to see CC numbers I’d be grateful for any input. Thank you.

• edited November 2020

If I use Voice-to-MIDI, the volume is wayyy lower than when I use the hex keys to play a note. What am I doing wrong?

I think it might have to do with the voice triggering the note a hundred times, I see the key flickering all the time. Also I don't hear the envelope that I hear when I manually press a key...

Increasing the mic input volume does not help, I think the input volume is all right, in the "edit" view it looks like the levels are good.

• @Morgman73 said:
    Does anyone know if there is a way to visually expose CC numbers or is there a midi learn function with Voxsyn Pro? For what whatever reason I’m only able to record automation from within Cubasis 2 with only the one parameter that I can tell. The BRIGHT button. I can’t seem to record any other parameters? Anyways if there’s a way to see CC numbers I’d be grateful for any input. Thank you.

I am getting the same behavior in Cub2.
    In AUM, all the VoxSyn Pro parameters seemed exposed, but I didn’t actually test them.

For Cub2, you can load VoxSyn Pro as an IAA effect, which has Midi Learn available in the app Settings. Not ideal, but doable.

• @dobbs said:
    If I use Voice-to-MIDI, the volume is wayyy lower than when I use the hex keys to play a note. What am I doing wrong?

I think it might have to do with the voice triggering the note a hundred times, I see the key flickering all the time. Also I don't hear the envelope that I hear when I manually press a key...

Increasing the mic input volume does not help, I think the input volume is all right, in the "edit" view it looks like the levels are good.

How are you using it?
    Standalone?
    AU or IAA in a host?

• edited November 2020

@CracklePot said:
    How are you using it?
    Standalone?
    AU or IAA in a host?

If I use it standalone or IAA there is an unbearable amount of crackling. As an AU in AUM I at least get a clear sound. The volume difference between Voice-to-midi vs pressing a key is very notable in presets like 01-Choir, the difference is less notable in other presets...

• What's the difference between the Pro and the OG Voxsyn? Can the OG work on Aum? Thanks!

• @eylvy said:
    What's the difference between the Pro and the OG Voxsyn? Can the OG work on Aum? Thanks!

Right now the difference is:
    $3
    Voxsyn Pro is an AUv3 app (run many copies in AUM and other hosts)
    Voxsyn is IAA only (run one instance in AUM and the UI window opens outside of AUM)

Spend the extra $3. Harry Gohs (nee @Virsyn) deserves our support for his amazing catalog of synths, FX'es and sequencers.

• @McD said:

@eylvy said:
    What's the difference between the Pro and the OG Voxsyn? Can the OG work on Aum? Thanks!

$3
    Voxsyn is IAA only (run one instance in AUM and the UI window opens outside of AUM)

Spend the extra $3. Harry Gohs (nee @Virsyn) deserves our support for his amazing catalog of synths, FX'es and sequencers.

For sure, I'm splurging on some of his apps so doing an investigation on the ones I don't know. Thank you for the reply.

• @McD said:

@eylvy said:

$3

Has anyone tried to use this iOS version of VoxSyn Pro as an AU in GarageBand on desktop? I’d get it in a heartbeat if it works as well as some of his other apps do on both platforms.

• @NeuM said:
    Has anyone tried to use this iOS version of VoxSyn Pro as an AU in GarageBand on desktop? I’d get it in a heartbeat if it works as well as some of his other apps do on both platforms.

Does this require a desktop with an M1 chip or can I load AUv3's on my Intel MacBook in Garageband?

• @McD said:

@NeuM said:

Does this require a desktop with an M1 chip or can I load AUv3's on my Intel MacBook in Garageband?

That’s a good distinction. My system has the M1 chip. Other iOS apps of his I’m able to use on desktop. A number of other iOS apps I’ve purchased from other developers do not work. Why do his work, versus others? I have no idea.

• @NeuM said:
    That’s a good distinction. My system has the M1 chip. Other iOS apps of his I’m able to use on desktop. A number of other iOS apps I’ve purchased from other developers do not work. Why do his work, versus others? I have no idea.

The developer has to test the platform. It appears you can write a valid AUv3 for an IOS device and it will have some features that are not used on Mac OS. Alerting the developer that how to write "Tri-Universal (iPhone, iPad, M1 Mac)" apps will be required and then we'll see some apps officially certified as "Tri-Universal"... until then, it's "Try... might be Universe3" but may not have support for M1 Mac for maintenance.

I say... buy it and Try it and let us know. Maybe someone that owns it has an M1 Mac and can provide clues.

• Just made it available for M1 Mac B)
    Let me know how it works out. ( Have no time to test myself :# )

Harry

• @VirSyn said:
    Just made it available for M1 Mac B)
    Let me know how it works out. ( Have no time to test myself :# )

Harry

Now THAT'S customer service!

• edited November 2023