Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VoxSyn Pro - Voice Controlled Synthesizer and Vocoder by Virsyn

Comments

• AU

Standalone

No dice.

• edited December 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:

@Jeezs said:

@pedro said:
    I was willing to give this a go, since I have the original voxsyn, but I can't understand the bundle price.

I bought voxsyn for 6,99€
    The voxsyn pro lists for 7,99€
    Then the bundle lists for 10,99€? WTF apple?

Same for me...
    but if you wait ( along time for me) on the app store page, the price change to 4€
    It's bug from apple I already experience it many times...

When I first went to App Store price was $6.99. After about 5 minutes it was $3.00. I’ll take it! 😎

eu = €4
    us = $3
    uk = £5 ( ie: $6.6 or €6 at todays rates ). once again Englishness becomes a form of financial disablement.. back in the fridge Boris!!!

Ha Ha yes ! Not gonna buy it as doesn’t appeal ! But we do get ripped off ! 👿

• @Jumpercollins said:

@RockySmalls said:

@anickt said:

@Jeezs said:

@pedro said:
    I was willing to give this a go, since I have the original voxsyn, but I can't understand the bundle price.

I bought voxsyn for 6,99€
    The voxsyn pro lists for 7,99€
    Then the bundle lists for 10,99€? WTF apple?

Same for me...
    but if you wait ( along time for me) on the app store page, the price change to 4€
    It's bug from apple I already experience it many times...

When I first went to App Store price was $6.99. After about 5 minutes it was $3.00. I’ll take it! 😎

eu = €4
    us = $3
    uk = £5 ( ie: $6.6 or €6 at todays rates ). once again Englishness becomes a form of financial disablement.. back in the fridge Boris!!!

Ha Ha yes ! Not gonna buy it as doesn’t appeal ! But we do get ripped off ! 👿

I’m boycotting the ripoff too!

• @VirSyn said:

@osc101 said:

@VirSyn said:

@skiphunt said:
    Honestly, I don't really have a problem paying for this again in a bundle. I bought the IAA one around the time it launched. It's worked fine most of the time since. I think there was one iOS update that might've killed it, but it was updated and worked after that. I just tried it again and it's working fine in apeMatix iOS13.2.3.

So, paying a nominal upgrade fee to bring it up to AUv3 seems reasonable and fair to me.

@osc101 said:
    AU3 version of this app in Cubasis seems odd. Inserted as fx in audio track results in no sound. There are no presets and randomizer does nothing. Stand alone works as expected including presets. Replaced the Au3 with DerVoco and it works.

How strange.

The AU version needs to be "filled with presets" one time by launching the standalone VoxSyn Pro App. Then
    it will work as expected.

I appreciate the response. After doing that and selecting a preset, the entire Au3 crashed/disappeared. Mind you, this is in a test Cubasis project where VoxSyn is the only Au3 loaded (latest iPad Pro 12.9 with latest IOS)

I strongly recommend more testing and an update to fix the issues.

Sorry about that, i forgot to mention that this is also fixed in the update i mentioned above. Thus update is currently waiting for review and should be available within 24h

Great, thanks. I look forward to the update and hopefully a solution. This app is unusable for me as it stands now.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Faland said:
    It is quite common to think that once you buy an app, you are entitled to lifetime updates.

I bought it less than a year ago and now it has apparently been abandoned. If a developer is moving to a subscription model, he should be honest and upfront about it, instead of screwing his existing customers.

This doesn't seem like a case of "screwing customers". He is offering an inexpensive option for people to get the new version. This new version has new features that seem worth the modest upgrade price.

A good rule of thumb is to make purchasing decisions based on whether the price is worth it for what you get at the time of purchase and forget about what happens in the future. If it was worth it then, it is still worth it. And you got a year of use out of it. And, if you want them, you can have some new features for a few dollars.

I'd hardly call this a subscription model, either.

iOS music developers don't earn a lot and the buy once, get free upgrades model isn't tenable for the sorts of niche apps that we love.

On desktop, periodic paid upgrades are critical to staying afloat.

No, I didn’t get a year of use out of it. It stopped working. He apparently didn’t update it for three years. And now wants to be paid again for an update that doesn’t work either.

I wonder still how it stopped working?
    And the new one like most new software has a bug that’s already addressed in a update- pretty common for any release.

• @jolico said:

No dice.

There's also NO dice on the appstore picture for VoxSyn for iPhone....

• @Harro said:

@jolico said:

No dice.

There's also NO dice on the appstore picture for VoxSyn for iPhone....

:disappointed:
    I want dice on ALL apps

• edited December 2019

Doesn’t work in neither, Audiobus or AUM. Just says restart and does nothing even after a reboot. It’s astounding that it made it out in this shape but I hope it will get fixed soon. More pre release QC please, this surely doesn’t help brand trust etc..

Edit: just remembered that both of those are beta but I see no reason why VoxSyn shouldn’t work on them.

• Mine alternates between 9.99 and “complete”.

• @supadom said:
    Doesn’t work in neither, Audiobus or AUM. Just says restart and does nothing even after a reboot. It’s astounding that it made it out in this shape but I hope it will get fixed soon. More pre release QC please, this surely doesn’t help brand trust etc..

Edit: just remembered that both of those are beta but I see no reason why VoxSyn shouldn’t work on them.

Does this happen with both of the AU flavors or just the music effect one?

From what VirSyn said above, the music effect issue has been addressed in an update that is coming today.

Otherwise, it might help the dev if you post a vid and provide hardware and OS details.

• @espiegel123 said:

@supadom said:

Does this happen with both of the AU flavors or just the music effect one?

From what VirSyn said above, the music effect issue has been addressed in an update that is coming today.

Otherwise, it might help the dev if you post a vid and provide hardware and OS details.

The mfx version doesn’t load but I had the other version playing up in AUM. At some point it stopped working and when restarted the Voxsyn’s icon replaced loopy’s in the input!! Never had stuff like this happen to me before.

• @Jeezs thanks, I’ll give it a try

• @Jumpercollins said:
    With bundle prices you have to pull the web page up and down for it to adjust ! It’s £5 in UK for the bundle if you own the original non pro.

Thanks, that did the trick🙂 it’s 4€, now. Rolling my eyes at apple, though...

• @pedro said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    With bundle prices you have to pull the web page up and down for it to adjust ! It’s £5 in UK for the bundle if you own the original non pro.

Doesn’t work for me. It wants $9.99 for the bundle—more than the update’s standalone price, even though I already own the old version.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@pedro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Doesn’t work for me. It wants $9.99 for the bundle—more than the update’s standalone price, even though I already own the old version.

What does "doesn't work for me" mean? If you have specifics, maybe someone can help you troubleshoot.

Re the price. You will see in posts above that several people saw a wrong price that later got updated to the correct one.

• @VirSyn said:

@ttk said:

@VirSyn said:

@TimRussell said:
    I wonder how this will differ from their Matrix Vocoder

Main difference to Matrix + external synthesizer ( and every other vocoder with external carrier i know of) ist that the pitch follows over the whole note length and not only the triggered start note of the synth.

Hello @VirSyn,

And between MatrixVocoder and Voxsyn, which one is likely to be less CPU-consuming?
    (matrix Vocoder has a tendency to make my new iPad mini DSP load spike heavily)

They are about the same. Shouldn't have real spikes, will have a look at Matrix.

I can confirm the strange behavior on both MatrixVocoder and Voxsyn:
    When hosted as an Auv3 in AB3:

on ios 9.3 : < 10% CPU load
    on ios 12.2: > 35% CPU load

When hosted as AuV3 in AUM:

on ios 9.3: < 25% COU load
    on ios 12.2: >35% CPU load

(observed on their respective DSP meters

Thanks for your feedback, @VirSyn !

• @ttk said:

@VirSyn said:

@ttk said:

@VirSyn said:

@TimRussell said:

Main difference to Matrix + external synthesizer ( and every other vocoder with external carrier i know of) ist that the pitch follows over the whole note length and not only the triggered start note of the synth.

Hello @VirSyn,

And between MatrixVocoder and Voxsyn, which one is likely to be less CPU-consuming?

They are about the same. Shouldn't have real spikes, will have a look at Matrix.

Those numbers don't actually tell you about the true CPU-intensiveness:

https://wiki.audiob.us/cpu_load_comparisons_and_testing

Comparing un-stressed CPU-loads is sometimes measuring the throttling done by the OS rather than giving an accurate measurement of relative CPU-use. The only way to reliably compare CPU use is to stress the system till you get crackling or near 100% CPU use.

• Updated.
    Still no dice.

• Update to 1.0.1 is online. My apologies for the glitches. Sometimes shit happens...
    This are bug fixes:

• Music Effect AudioUnit crash on start up
    • Crash in Cubasis on preset selection. ( and some other hosts )
    • Drive menu in iPhone version no exit button.
  • @jolico said:
    Updated.
    Still no dice.

Changes in dice layout was not part of the update. Sorry for the confusion, in the iPhone the dice is visible in the preset selection of the standalone only. Will make a redesign on this too as the dust settles...

• @espiegel123 said:

@ttk said:

@VirSyn said:

@ttk said:

@VirSyn said:

@TimRussell said:

Hello @VirSyn,

Those numbers don't actually tell you about the true CPU-intensiveness:

https://wiki.audiob.us/cpu_load_comparisons_and_testing

Comparing un-stressed CPU-loads is sometimes measuring the throttling done by the OS rather than giving an accurate measurement of relative CPU-use. The only way to reliably compare CPU use is to stress the system till you get crackling or near 100% CPU use.

Same thing , from a less formal point of view, I got more "crackling" while on my iPad mini 5 ios 12.2, than on my old iPad Pro 9.7 ios 9.3

• @ttk said:

Same thing , from a less formal point of view, I got more "crackling" while on my iPad mini 5 ios 12.2, than on my old iPad Pro 9.7 ios 9.3

• Thanks to everyone for the hint about getting the bundle price. I just upgraded to the Pro version from the regular version for $3, which is a great deal and sends a few bucks to VirSyn. It seems to be working quick well enough in standalone mode, I'm new to AU so I'll go check that out now.

• @VirSyn said:
    Update to 1.0.1 is online. My apologies for the glitches. Sometimes shit happens...
    This are bug fixes:

• Music Effect AudioUnit crash on start up
    • Crash in Cubasis on preset selection. ( and some other hosts )
    • Drive menu in iPhone version no exit button.

@VirSyn : if I have an AUM project with nothing other than VoxSyn Pro music effect and an audio file feeding it, AUM crashes if I try to save. This is consistent and reproducible even after a reboot.

IPad gen 6 iOS 12.3.1

• I’m in the US and I’m seeing a $5 option to update the bundle.

Just bought Voxsyn (Standard) 2 weeks ago and now I have to buy the Pro version (that doesn’t seem to work) to get up-to-date capabilities.

Doesn’t sit well with me. If Voxsyn Pro was about to launch, why not notify people in the description of Voxsyn in the weeks before launch so they wouldn’t waste money unnecessarily.

@VirSyn Is there anything you can do?

• @rbwfilm I suggest you refund Voxsyn purchase and just buy the Pro version.

• I still see $9.99 for the bundle and $6.99 for Pro (I own the original one). How is the bundle a discount? (I did fairly well in math in school)

@VirSyn said:
    The VoxSyn Bundle is now available too: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/id1491013251?mt=8

Now it's possible for VoxSyn users to update to VoxSyn Pro for much less.

We have put the bundle for review to Apple a minute after releasing VoxSyn Pro.
    Unfortunately it’s not possible to do it before that they can be released in sync. The review process then takes a couple of days in the worst case.

• +1 The bundle still shows as 9.99(usd) for me.

• @ohwell said:
    +1 The bundle still shows as 9.99(usd) for me.

Weird, now it’s down to 3$! Nice!

• @GPinNYC said:
    I still see $9.99 for the bundle and $6.99 for Pro (I own the original one). How is the bundle a discount? (I did fairly well in math in school)

@VirSyn said:
    The VoxSyn Bundle is now available too: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/id1491013251?mt=8

Now it's possible for VoxSyn users to update to VoxSyn Pro for much less.

We have put the bundle for review to Apple a minute after releasing VoxSyn Pro.
    Unfortunately it’s not possible to do it before that they can be released in sync. The review process then takes a couple of days in the worst case.

if you scroll to bottom of page and scroll back again it should update the price, appstore bug.