Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A hero of mine has passed

edited December 2019 in Other

Sad days

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/08/obituaries/caroll-spinney-dead.html

I always admired that for 40+ years, the same guy was Big Bird. Well into his 70's, he was STILL giving it to us.

This one stings.

Comments

• Love that guy! :sad_face:
    So many Saturday mornings spent with BB and the gang growing up in the early 70s!

• Caroll Spinney's reply, when asked “What has been your most meaningful interaction with a child during filming? Or maybe from someone who grew up watching you and relayed a poignant story?”:

"I got a letter from a fan who said his little boy, who was 5 years old, his name was Joey, he was dying of cancer.

And he was so ill, the little boy knew he was dying.

So the man, in his letter, asked if I would call the little boy. He said the only thing that cheered him at all in his fading state was to see Big Bird on television.

So once in a while, he wouldn't see Big Bird on some days, because he wasn't necessarily in every show. So he asked could I telephone him, and talk to the boy, tell him what a good boy he's been.

So I took a while to look up a phone, because this was before cell phones. And they got a long cord to bring a phone to the boy.

And I had Big Bird say "Hello! Hello Joey! It's me, Big Bird!"

So he said "Is it really you, Big Bird?"

"Yes, it is."

I chatted a while with him, about ten minutes, and he said "I'm glad you're my friend Big Bird."

And I said "I'd better let you go now."

He said "Thank you for calling me Big Bird. You're my friend. You make me happy."

And it turns out that his father and mother were sitting with him when the phone call came. And he was very, very ill that day. And they called the parents in, because they weren't sure how long he'd last.

And so his father wrote to me right away, and said "Thank you, thank you" - he hadn't seen him smile since October, and this was in March - and when the phone was hung up, he said "Big Bird called me! He's my friend."

And he closed his eyes. And he passed away.

And I could see that what I say to children can be very important.

And he said "We haven't seen our little boy smile in MONTHS. He smiled, as he passed away. It was a gift to us. Thank you."

• edited December 2019

There's still magic on this world, if you know where to look. That magic has faded ever slightly more that Mr. Spinney has passed.

And yes - saw the news about Rene Auberjonois also. I remember the first time I saw Odo on Deep Space Nine, I thought "Is that the guy from Benson?" and indeed it was. They hit the other guy from Benson to play Neelix on Voyager shortly afterwards.

It's hard watching your childhood die before your very eyes...

• edited December 2019

@Daveypoo said:
    There's still magic on this world, if you know where to look. That magic has faded ever slightly more that Mr. Spinney has passed.

And yes - saw the news about Rene Aberjonois also. I remember the first time I saw Odo on Deep Space Nine, I thought "Is that the guy from Benson?" and indeed it was. They hit the other guy from Benson to play Neelix on Voyager shortly afterwards.

It's hard watching your childhood die before your very eyes...

Odo was the dude from Benson? Woah