Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Syncing Korg iMS-20 to IAA host? (The midi channels for Galileo 2 have been resolved)

edited December 2019 in App Tips and Tricks

This is most probably user error, as I'm somewhat of a novice in Midi although I understand the concepts

1. Anybody know if Korg iMS-20 (as standalone) can be synced to AB3, or AUM? I love the simplified sequemcer/groovebox inside it, and would like to utilize it when playing around with other stuff. Whether added to AUM or AB3 the internal sequencer of the iMS-20 does not seem to respond to AUM or AB clock

2. Can Galileo 2 receive on any Midi channel? I only get a response form channels 1, 2 and 3 (manual has not answered this for me, maybe I missed it). Or is it locked to those 3 channels like iMS-20 is locked to 1-7 (synth on 1, drums on 2-7).

Thing is, I would like to use these two in the same project and control them form an Arturia Keystep, and switch Midi channels on the Keystep. All the other synthscaper in the project behave as I would expect them to, i.e.: go to AB Midi panel, select the needed Midi channel as a Midi sender, direct it to needed synth, and voila, synth reponds

If not, any Midi tools I can use to switch the channels? And if so, how?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@bato said:
    2. Can Galileo 2 receive on any Midi channel? I only get a response form channels 1, 2 and 3 (manual has not answered this for me, maybe I missed it). Or is it locked to those 3 channels like iMS-20 is locked to 1-7 (synth on 1, drums on 2-7).

Tap the Expert LED at the top, then the MIDI button at the bottom-right. You’ll see the channel selectors on the left.

mfxStrip is a handy tool for changing MIDI channels. There are others, but that’s the one I reach for usually.

• @wim said:

@bato said:

Tap the Expert LED at the top, then the MIDI button at the bottom-right. You’ll see the channel selectors on the left.

mfxStrip is a handy tool for changing MIDI channels. There are others, but that’s the one I reach for usually.

Thank you! :-)
    I mistakenly looked for them under Prefs LED and then "Advanced Midi Settings".

• @bato said:

@wim said:

@bato said:

You’re not the first to miss it, I can tell you. ;)

• @wim said:

@bato said:

@wim said:

@bato said:

You’re not the first to miss it, I can tell you. ;)

:-) that does make me feel better, thanks.

Anyone has an idea about the iMS-20 app syncing to an IAA host like AUM or AB3?

It does not seem to work for me. And if that is the case, do you know if iPolysox can do that? That's the next one on my list :-)