Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IKEA Hack complete! :)

Thanks for the suggestions, everybody. After brainstorming, I went ahead and built one. PTAL.

Comments

• edited December 2019

• Woah! That’s crazy! I have two of those as well, looks like a nice setup. Good jobb

• edited December 2019

@drez said:
    Woah! That’s crazy! I have two of those as well, looks like a nice setup. Good jobb

Thanks, Drez.

Have you tried it with the smaller stand? I have a few and am debating whether it's worth trying it out.

The ISBERGET I guess it's called.

• @inakarmacoma said:

@drez said:
    Woah! That’s crazy! I have two of those as well, looks like a nice setup. Good jobb

Thanks, Drez.

Have you tried it with the smaller stand? I have a few and am debating whether it's worth trying it out.

Here's a quick mock-up w/ one pair of legs in the middle, instead of the two. Not sure if it would be sturdy or useful enough WDYT?

• @inakarmacoma said:

@drez said:

Thanks, Drez.

I only use it for my Push 2. I use my zagg case for the iPad.

• I have one of those in a nice reddish pink in a closet somewhere. I bought it to try to use for guitar effects pedals and it wasn't quite sturdy enough for that. It would be pretty perfect for iPad and some desktop modules. I'm going to have to pull it out and try it now. Cool project @inakarmacoma !

• @inakarmacoma What are the legs you are using?

• Anyone got a link on where to find these materials? 😛

• N> @cuezaireekaa said:

Anyone got a link on where to find these materials? 😛

@NeonSilicon is correct!

• Great job! B)

my OCD would have made cut the bolts down or at least put them the other way so they protrude out the back.

is it solid.. side to side?

Think im going to make one for my RD-8, TB-3 set up :)

ikea UK..

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/braeda-laptop-support-black-60150176/

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/ekby-stoedis-bracket-black-30167461/

• edited December 2019

Hello,
    What about the "legs" used to fix them together ? :)
    Thanks !

PS: very clever and cheap DIY BTW :D

• @enc said:
    my OCD would have made cut the bolts down or at least put them the other way so they protrude out the back.

The bolt cutting crossed my mind, but in the end I was more eager to get it setup. But totally agree. That would be an improvement. Yes it's very solid, even side to side. The only thing you'd need to watch out for... don't remove the stuff from the bottom rack before you remove stuff from the top rack. If you do, the thing could tip over backwards if super top heavy. It'd be pretty easy to mitigate if concerned.

@crony said:
    What about the "legs" used to fix them together ? :)

Ah, it's the exact same configuration for everything:
    Specifically, bolt through: screw head > lock washer > flat washer > nut

Each leg has two holes. Line them up, and do the very same:
    bolt through: screw head > lock washer [2 legs] > flat washer > nut

Enjoy!

• edited December 2019

@inakarmacoma well, what I'd like to have is a direct link to an amazon item or something like that, Just for the "legs" that attached by pairs. :)
    Thanks !

PS: I'll handle the screws lock washer, flat washer...:D

• In the original post I shared some 3D printed resources for similar solutions for those who can access to a 3D printer...

• @c>; @crony said:

@inakarmacoma well, what I'd like to have is a direct link to an amazon item or something like that, Just for the "legs" that attached by pairs. :)
    Thanks !

Is this what you are after?

• @inakarmacoma said:
    @c>; @crony said:

Thanks !

Is this what you are after?

Absolut ! :)

• @inakarmacoma said:

@enc said:

The bolt cutting crossed my mind, but in the end I was more eager to get it setup. But totally agree. That would be an improvement. Yes it's very solid, even side to side. The only thing you'd need to watch out for... don't remove the stuff from the bottom rack before you remove stuff from the top rack. If you do, the thing could tip over backwards if super top heavy. It'd be pretty easy to mitigate if concerned.

Hey mate, what would be the ideal length for the connecting screws? (getting bits together)

• @enc said:
    Hey mate, what would be the ideal length for the connecting screws? (getting bits together)

Ah, hmm. To be honest, I don't recall. I brought the IKEA 'L' blocks down to a Home Depot, and just tried a few out. Even so, though, you can tell that I chose too long a screw. Though maybe the protruding bits will be useful to clip wire or something?