Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS DAWs/audio editors with ‘shuffle mode’ like Pro Tools

Are there any audio editors that you know of that have a ‘shuffle mode’ like pro tools (I believe logic has it too now)

Definition of shuffle mode (from Sweetwater): An editing mode found in Pro Tools software. Shuffle Mode will always cause the audio region you are moving to become butted up against another region, or the beginning of the track. You can’t just drop it anywhere. If you do it will “jump” up against another region. If you move a region to a place earlier in the track than some region that later region will move over to make room for the one you are dropping in, and then butt right up against it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I’m trying to be done with desktop once and for all, for audio recording and this is a huge help towards that. Thanks.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

Do you mean DAWs (for arranging audio clips on a timeline), or an actual audio editor that is working on an audio file?

I think Auria Pro has “ripple edit” mode if you mean the former.

• DAW’s. I should update the title to reflect that. I just wanted to make sure that the convo stayed on audio editing.

For this specific task tho...which is basically condensing a 20 minute single track recorded into 4-5 minutes by taking out gaps, breathes, pauses, mis-takes etc an audio editor could maybe work.

But I’d prefer a daw in general for this. DAWs have Plug ins...control...adding more tracks...punch Ins etc as needed

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

I think Auria Pro (ripple editing) is the answer then. Going from memory here though, and too lazy to check the manual for ya’. B)

• @wim said:
    I think Auria Pro (ripple editing) is the answer then. Going from memory here though, and too lazy to check the manual for ya’. B)

Ripple editing you say? I’m looking it up right now...thanks!

• edited December 2019

@wim that did it!!! Auria Pro for the win!! Thanks bro, you’ve just saved me hours and helped me stay off the desktop!

• 👍😎✌️