Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UDAGAN @ Algorave !! (live coding performance footage)

edited December 2019 in Creations

I’ve spoken about our music as UDAGAN and the concerts we perform and have mentioned sharing footage many times. I actually do have some nice footage to share from a recent concert (last night at time of writing), so I’m going to share the video links here (as Saydyy publishes them).

Hope that you will enjoy our experimental art and please ask any questions about what we’re doing if you are curious!

Aurora Polaris

Electronic Khomus

Uluu Kuday Bakhsy

Air2:
Audiobus
AUM
Samplr
SECTOR
Moog Model D
Laplace
Ruismaker Classic
Shaper 2x
FuzzPlus
Kosmonaut 2x
Perforator 2x
ApeFilter

Mini4:
BeatMaker3
BM3 Sampler 6x
RoxSyn
AUFX:space
AUFX:dub

Debian:
TidalCycles (Haskell)
Hydra (JavaScript)
SuperCollider (audio server)
Atom Editor
Baudline (spectrogram)

Comments

• Thanks for listing your set.
    Two questions:
    How are you using Roxsyn?
    Can you manipulate the video composition using MIDI CC?
    Thanks!

• How are you using Roxsyn?

Processing some sampled overtones — it’s a little subtle compared to what that app can do and mainly adds some overdrive as well as a higher octave. It’s only present near the end of the track.

Can you manipulate the video composition using MIDI CC?

Yes (also possible with audio).

• Nice. Looking at it now on YouTube on the big television.

• Cool, I see iConnectAudio, what's it sitting on? Another interface for laptop?

• @auxmux said:
    Cool, I see iConnectAudio, what's it sitting on? Another interface for laptop?

PreSonus Audiobox iTwo. A decent interface for iOS music. The iCA is running at high latency and connecting the laptop and Air2. The mini4 is running at a lower latency on the PreSonus. I run that interface into inputs 3+4 of the iCA as dual mono (using iCA routing + mixer) so that I can run two separate channels of audio out of it (stereo effects on keys and guitars and stuff in live sound isn’t really necessary in my opinion).

• edited December 2019

Have put the next video up now! (Electronic Khomus)

This one was a bit of an experimental jam where I mainly modulated Apefilter using code in order to accentuate the naturally occurring overtones of Saydyy's instrument, which is itself an experimental version which can self-resonate using electrical current.

Last piece should be up later today!

• I've added the third clip -- 'Uluu Kuday Bakhsy'

This one is our personal favourite! It was written for a close friend who is an Artist Blacksmith, and was first performed privately to a collection of Artist Blacksmiths along with their friends and family. We used samples from here, which were recorded in a real blacksmiths forge:

http://www.oree.storijapan.net/more.html#Sound-of-Work-Blacksmith-edition-1

We've also wanted to do a heavy track for ages!

• Awesome stuff, been following Saydyy on Instagram! :heart:

• @id_23 said:
    Awesome stuff, been following Saydyy on Instagram! :heart:

Cheers! And yeah she’s much better at updating social media than me!

If anyone is interested in the Live Coding side of things in particular, I’ve been writing articles looking at it from the perspective of an instrumental performer.

This is the third in the series (earlier articles are linked inside):

https://toplap.org/thoughts-on-live-coding-as-a-session-musician-3-of-3/