Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

is iPad OS 13 safe now?

I bought an iPad pro 10.5 recently, with iOS 12 installed. And I bought a bunch of Black Friday apps.

One of the first things I tried was Group The Loop, which is my ideal looper for songs with sections, but it won't open on iOS 12, and the developer is working on a fix. He said it's fine in 13. but there have been lots of woes with 13 I know.

I've been super busy lately and haven't really had a chance to play with much, but all the apps apart from GTL seem fine in 12. So I wasn't in a hurry to upgrade.

Are there any apps that don't play nice in 13 or is it all sorted now?

thanks!

Comments

• Yes for me on my 10.5

At least the apps I use.

• Line 6 Sonic Port still not fixed as far as I know. Korg Bluetooth fixed with firmware update (requires PC or Mac). Other than that all apps I own (a lot) work fine.

• @mannix said:
    No

What apps don't work for you?

• I'm running 13.2.1 on iPad Pro (1st gen) 12" - no issues!

• Im working on latest OS and my Sonic Port vx does work but only in USB mode not with the lightning port.

• So maybe the main problems seem to be with some audio interfaces? My phone is on 13 and I know that works with my quite old m-audio fast track via CCK with no problems.

• Anyone updated using Steinberg UR 44? (IPad Pro 11”.)

• No issues here with iPad Pro 11“ and iPadOS 13.2.3

• Current 13.3 beta is the best yet. Seems like (almost) all problems are fixed.

• Line 6 sonic port is still broken on IOS 13, so I still can’t update...
    and experiment what it has to offer.

I can’t afford buying a new interface every year nor can I buy a new IPad
    every 2 year (ghost screens, flashy colourful pixels appeared on my Air 2
    only 3 years after purchase making it totally unusable- leaving me with
    no choice but to reinvest on a new Ipad this year... )

If neither Apple or Line 6 decide to fix their issues together on
    the sonic port unit, I will therefore stop buying both of their crappy products
    and dedicate the rest of my life to spoil their reputations till my very last Breath.

Though I will miss the App developpers whose work has been admirable,
    they owe much more respect than they were given by Apple and
    I will also miss the lovely and dedicated IOS music community.

• I’ve had no problems at all

• Working great here too

• Just a few minutes ago i had one of this super annoying situations again.Safari didn't work properly so i restarted it.Music started to (auto) play after the restart.I thought it came from one of my open (a lot) tabs but it didn't.In fact,it came"nowhere".I closed every single app in the background but the music was still playing.Went into standby and it turns out itunes was playing (visible in the start screen).

Oh,that was only funny but the super annoying part: safari wiped all my open tabs during this operation.Again.

I'm so pissed off i could throw this shit out of the window.It's not the latest 13 but i'm not gonna update before 13.3 shows up.

• I had this effect several times, that I lost all tabs.
    Partly when using a second windows, and / when I opened Safari without an internet connection.
    And no, I have auto-close of tabs disabled!

Also again and again problems to position the cursor when editing text. It often just jumps elsewhere, not where I want it.

The problem with Apps not available for sharing seem to be a bit better now, but sure not OK.

• edited December 2019

The two biggest iOS 13 annoyances for me are:

= increased battery drain and high CPU and memory usage with any apps that display web sites (that includes Safari) and any hybrid apps (i.e., apps that use WKWebView. That includes Apple's own "Mail" app). That's a bug that appeared in iOS 13.2 and has been fixed by the Webkit team almost instantly, but the fix still hasn't "propagated" to the Webkit packaged in iOS.

= The inability to turn spell checking off since iOS 13.0 in any apps that use WKWebView to display text or editors (that includes Apple's own "Mail"). Seems like this one is going to stay.

• @tja said:
    I had this effect several times, that I lost all tabs.
    Partly when using a second windows, and / when I opened Safari without an internet connection.
    And no, I have auto-close of tabs disabled!

Also again and again problems to position the cursor when editing text. It often just jumps elsewhere, not where I want it.

The problem with Apps not available for sharing seem to be a bit better now, but sure not OK.

i'm aware to wipe tabs by accident if i don't pay attention if theres a second window open in the background.After reopen safari it opens this window then and not my main window.But since i realized this i always doubble check before i close/restart safari

• @SimonSomeone said:

@mannix said:
    No

What apps don't work for you?

It's not specific apps. iPad crashes sometimes. Will sometime reboot itself. Can't bring this down to specific apps. Also still enormous battery drainage compared to iOS 12. When using the iPad on the road wouldn't advice it. Also everything feels slower (especially opening apps), but this can be a personal thing.

iPad 10.5 2017, 256GB, iPad OS 10.2.3

• @mannix said:

Also still enormous battery drainage compared to iOS 12. When using the iPad on the road wouldn't advice it. Also everything feels slower (especially opening apps), but this can be a personal thing.

>

Good to know. I’ve been on the verge of updating, but think I’ll stick with 12x.

• I'll stick with 12.x too, not being able to install a previous iOS version to roll back is (for now) enough reason not to update.

• @SevenSystems said:
    The two biggest iOS 13 annoyances for me are:

= increased battery drain and high CPU and memory usage with any apps that display web sites (that includes Safari) and any hybrid apps (i.e., apps that use WKWebView. That includes Apple's own "Mail" app). That's a bug that appeared in iOS 13.2 and has been fixed by the Webkit team almost instantly, but the fix still hasn't "propagated" to the Webkit packaged in iOS.

= The inability to turn spell checking off since iOS 13.0 in any apps that use WKWebView to display text or editors (that includes Apple's own "Mail"). Seems like this one is going to stay.

My observations exactly.

• For everyone having issues with battery drain: try shutting down the iPad and starting it again after a short while. This made my battery last much longer (on 10.5 and 11 inch iPads...). Good luck!

• I too was debating upgrading but I think I will wait longer. I’m really waiting on that Auria update and that could be a long time.

• No way safe. Your iPad 13 will crawl up at you when you sleep and cut your throat and eat your intestines... 😁

• Happy to be stuck on ios12.1 - everything running smoothly. And for the first time in years - I don't think there are any apps I really want that are only for ios13 tempting me to update. I'll probably hold off for another 3-4 months..

• tjatja
    edited December 2019

I cannot see any problems with battery, not on iPhone 8, iPro 12.9 2nd gen. or Air 3
    But i have anything in regards to animation, motion and background activity disabled anyway.

• @tja said:
    I cannot see any problems with battery, not on iPhone 8, iPro 12.9 2nd gen. or Air 3

Strange. On iPhone 7 the battery life difference is stark.

• Not really any problems with music apps, but overall internet browsing experience is a lot buggier for me. Graphic/screen issues.

• I'll stick with 12.4.1 for a while longer. Hate to upgrade and find some bothersome issue.
    The only thing I want from iOS 13 are the external usb storage capabilities.

I do the same with my Mac. I tend to always be a couple of upgrades behind the current one, simply because everything still works the way I need it to. I can still run my 9 year old copy of FileMaker Pro 10 on a Mac partition with OS X El Capitan installed. The nice thing about a Mac desktop is I could load Snow Leopard if I felt like it.

Wish iOS allowed for downgrading like OS X.