Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Please... Please... Please ...Developers , Please Develop a Sample Mangler/Fx Printer App!!!

2»

Comments

• edited December 2019

I may have slightly misunderstood the OP's intentions, but I find BM3 is the often my best option for mangling a sample, layering modulations and audio effects over the top, and then (optionally) 'baking' - aka printing - the resulting sound via BM3's internal sample-recorder back into an audio file that can be used anywhere.

• It’s true there are many ways to accomplish this already. But I agree with @kobamoto, it would be very cool to have an app with a workflow streamlined and optimized for this specific task.

• @tk32 said:
    I may have slightly misunderstood the OP's intentions, but I find BM3 is the often my best option for mangling a sample, layering modulations and audio effects over the top, and then (optionally) 'baking' - aka printing - the resulting sound via BM3's internal sample-recorder back into an audio file that can be used anywhere.

Regarding BM3 before things went south I requested a ‘process sample thru track effects’ for the sample editor. This is one feature I use almost every day in Renoise.

This together with FX chain presets would have made editing a breeze..
    (Ie. Process sample using preset X).

• It’s a nice idea! I would love to have some sample editor where I can cut, paste and apply effects to the actual sample (as in Wavelab, Soundforge and Audicity).

• @Bietfriek said:
    It’s a nice idea! I would love to have some sample editor where I can cut, paste and apply effects to the actual sample (as in Wavelab, Soundforge and Audicity).

For IAA: Use AudioShare
    For AUv3: Use TwistedWave

• edited December 2019

Bm3 has a conventional, but slightly better sample engine than the MPC series... it’s not hardly on the level of LPX Alchemy, Roland Vsynth, or Kyma...even Iris2 or Melodyne Studio can really alter what is in a sample itself.

But all in all, I would be after a mangling engine.

Using effects and resampling can mangle a sample in ways as well..and this is totally already possible even on koala...so I don’t feel personally, that this is missing on iOS. You could do this in ns2, bm3, koala, yada yada all the way to Samplewiz.

• Sure, but homie has a vision for super fast ninja shit

• Yeah the features are all over iOS already but the workflow is not, workflow is the thorn in bm3s side in spite of it being so feature rich, modstep suffered a bit from workflow syndrome too but then you contrast those examples with TC-11, Samplr, orphion, werkbench, ikaossillator and you can see how good the workflow can get