Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Please... Please... Please ...Developers , Please Develop a Sample Mangler/Fx Printer App!!!
There is a Huge Opportunity for an easy to use, quality sounding, Audio /Sample mangling app that is capable of printing layers of Fx onto a Sample/audio file.... Just like a photo filter app but solely for mangling samples .
- import or record an audiofile
- load the waveform onto the screen
- use the screen like the TC-11 App, but not for controlling synths, but for mangling the audio with the selected effect /effect chain (so swiping all over the screen mangles the sample that is on the screen)
- most importantly the addition of a 'Print button' so that when you hear something you like you can press print and it will print the effect on to the sample/audio... with the option to replace the original or save the effected version.
- the ability to print the fx in place over and over and over, layer upon layer.
- ability to continuously loop the audiophile, as well as trim and truncate the file.
- import audio from audio share, iTunes, extensive formats... Flac, wav, aiff, etc..
- export seamless loops or with tails.
- browser/file organization
_so many good ways to make some cash via iap. on an app like this too, for example if you implemented motion sequencing of the fx parameters that could be printed onto the audiophile I would definitely buy that iap without hesitation..... (by recording your swipe movements/gestures on the screen like on the ikaossillator app)
you could keep adding additional and interesting FX in like a bundle of 3-5 in an iap until the cows come home turning the app into a must have utility
you could even add a sample slicer iap that sliced up samples and exported them into a folder of your making all properly named and ordered... really the valuable iaps could be endless for an app like this_
so with my plain wrap imagination I'd envision the app to look like a big X/Y Pad, with the waveform of the current audiophile huge and onscreen, with a bunch of Fx on screen to select/chain, and a print button for committing the print just like in the photo filter apps