Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DXi FM Synth is on the bus.

edited February 2013 in General App Discussion

Great FM Synth DXi FM Synth now supports Audiobus!
http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/dxi-fm-synthesizer/id370138065?mt=8

Comments

• If you have an iPhone 5 dont update because crash!!!

• I'm very sorry.

Now I'm preparing the fixed version. Please wait a little more.

• Same here on ipad 4 standalone and audiobus mode crashes as soon as you play a note on the keyboard.

We will forgive you as we are all really nice here on the bus :-)

• Was hoping this would get an Audiobus update as it is adds a different texture to my tracks.

• Just tried it and as Tlgdmb123 states unfortunately it crashes when you press a key.

Hopefully it will be solved in the next update.

• @takmiz: Make sure to use the expedited review feature in iTunes connect. Your app might get reviewed a lot faster if you tell them that it's a fix for a critical bug.

• I love this synth. Thank you @takmiz!

• @takmiz any chance for virtual midi support in the future?

• Quick guys, grab him! We can mug him for features. :)

• @PaulB hahha, my thoughts exactly.

• Works perfectly on my iPad 2 (iOS 6.1) recording into Multitrack DAW.

• Works with big lag ( 1 sec ?) on iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1, but does not crash here!

• P.S.: tested with Auria.

• I have iPad 4 too and keeps crashing....anyone got it working on iPad 3 or 4 ?

• Works well on ipad2 with Cubasis output.

• edited February 2013

@Spacedog:i bet a jailbreak is causing this issue ;) there are enough reports about latency issues with ios 5 (even without a jailbreak)in combination with auria and audiobus.

• I've just tested it with Auria (256 frames on Audiobus)
    Working well here on iPad 3, latest iOS.
    No lag, it just recorded fine (DXi + Auria only)
    With Live FX in the effect slot, some noise and FX automation problems depending of the effects selected, but no lag with DXi's own keyboard.
    With Magellan in the effect slot, it works smoothly.

• After rebooting my iPad 2 iOS 5.1.1 recording to Auria works fine. No more lag.

• in Audiobus: crash on iPad4, working fine on iPad2. Just a quick test.

• btw,crashes on my ipad 4 as well

• I'm seeing crashes with key presses too. Using an iPad 4. I can navigate to other areas of the app without it crashing, but it consistently crashes on the first key press.

• works fine on my ipad 3 w/ 6.1 firmware.

• Works fine on a quick test on iPad2 recording into Cubasis.

• Hi all,

Thank you very much for using DXi FM synthesizer. And I'm sorry again for the app crash bug on iPhone 5 and iPad 4. Yes, I confirmed that the bug is also reproduced on an iPad 4.

The bug was fixed. The new version, 3.5.1, is now waiting for Apple's review.

@Sebastian: Thanks a lot for your advice! I submitted a request for the expedited review. And thanks again for the revolutionary technology, Audiobus.

@hypoetical: The app already has a virtual MIDI port. If you enable "Background Audio" on the setting pane or the app is on Audiobus, a virtual MIDI port, "DXi FM synthesizer", will open.

Thanks to everyone.

• @takmiz thanks for the quick response on this. I tried DXi on my son's iPad2 and it worked well. I'm liking the sounds!

• Yes, good sounds and an easy to use interface - much better interface than many FM keyboards!

• another dxi fan here.Was one of my first apps and i'm happy to see it taking the bus as well!

• Updated just now. That was fast!

• Yes it was, and working great on my iPad4! Thanks for the fast turnaround @takmiz!

• @takmiz nice!!!! thanks for creating this awesome synth