Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turnado: am I the only one ? (feeling alone)

Hi guys,

I 'm using Sugarbytes Turnado on an ipad mini 5 on ios 12.2.

It should work fine, but Turnado crashes when I delete midi presets.

As I know there are a lot of Turnado users in this forum, I can't help but asking:

Do you guys have the same issue???

Comments

• Never used that feature before. I’m assuming you mean deleting presets that have been copied into the “MIDI PROGRAMS” area?

Just tried it and it worked without crashing on iOS 12.3.1. However I was deleting a preset that I had just previously copied into that folder.

Does it happen with any preset or just specific ones? It’s just when deleting in the MIDI PROGRAMS area and not in the USER area?

First step, contact SugarBytes to see if they can help.

If nothing comes from that, you could try “offloading” the app (Settings/General/iPad Storage/ and select Turnado and “Offload App”). This will force a re-download of the app itself while keeping your data.

However, it’s most likely corrupt data that’s the issue. In this case you would want to Delete the app, but this will erase everything, so you would want to export any presets you wanted to keep and re-import them later (testing after every reimport to make sure you’re not reintroducing corrupt data).

• In fact,

try copying at least 10 presets in the 'Midi programs' area. Then delete the 10th one.

See if it crashes.

(Thx !)

• Is it possible to select a preset via midi without useing the 'Midi programs' of Turnado?
    I mean it is an AuV3, right?

• @ttk said:
    In fact,

try copying at least 10 presets in the 'Midi programs' area. Then delete the 10th one.

See if it crashes.

(Thx !)

Just managed to get around to testing this: yes, I’m seeing Turnado crash as well. It seems the threshold is 9 programs: if you try to delete one of the first 8 programs everything is fine. If you try to delete the 9th or higher program it will crash Turnado (although I didn’t go higher than 12 presets). So you can clear everything out by deleting from the bottom 8, bit that’s obviously not ideal.

iOS 12.3.1

• edited December 2019

the KVR Sugar Bytes forum is a good place to post bugs. I have had a couple there quickly responded to / fixed over the years.

• @ttk said:
    Is it possible to select a preset via midi without useing the 'Midi programs' of Turnado?
    I mean it is an AuV3, right?

If the host supports it (e.g. Audiobus, AUM), yes. However, host control is selection of the presets that are stored with that hosts, not with the plugin. If you only ever use one host that might be fine, but if you use several hosts it can be a pain to manage the different collections.

• @ttk This issue appears to have been resolved with the latest update (v1.5.5)