Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Question: emulating The Teenage engineering OP1 with iPad apps

edited February 2014 in General App Discussion

I've been watching al lot of videos of the OP1 in action and I'm really impressed with the workflow and functionality of the unit. My goal is to achieve a similar setup with iPad apps. My guess is that Samplr would be the closest approximation of the OP1's 4 track recorder and realtime effects. What combination of apps would you suggest to emulate the sound generation aspect of the OP1? For me it's important that all the apps used have the same minimalistic and hands on approach as the sound creating and sculpting elements of the OP1. Does anyone have experience with the Lemur App as a control interface for such a setup. Well, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Maarten

Comments

• I also was trying to find a way of using IPad apps to emulate the OP-1. I got the Qunexus portable controller to use with it. SamplR combined with Audiobus and other apps. makes a great combo. Checkout this video:

• Qunexus combined with Korg Gadget is like an OP-1 on steroids:

• You might try asking over ohpeewon.com to see what people over there think. iElectribe or iPolysix are the closest things to the dbox drum synth IMO. All the synth engines are so unique it's hard to think up an accurate comparison though. Echo Pad could cover a lot of the effect types.