Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TIPS and TRICKS Thread for Music Apps

Hi folks ... thought it might be useful to have a(nother?) tips and tricks thread. Might be one already I didn’t check 😀 I keep discovering handy little ideas and techniques and would like to share them and hear what others have found.

I.e. Things you found out, workarounds, enhancements, unusual configurations that work well, handy techniques.

I’d suggest limiting it to things you do with apps. Hardware is important too, it maybe there could be another thread about that.

Suggestion ... if you’re posting a tip, make the first line a SUMMARY and then share the detail. That will help distinguish tips from responses when scrolling through.

OK I’ll go first to set things off:

Comments

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

Good thought.

There’s a section under Categories for this. That’s probably a lot easier to search than a big thread. And the best of these should go in the Wiki.

• SUMMARY: Create stereo width with Lagrange (or anything I guess)

Lagrange is wonderful for creating rich pads but it could really do with a Reverb, or at least OSC pan setting, but couple of ways I’ve found useful (aside from using a Reverb):

• Use TB Equaliser with the “ Widening Template” (mid-side) adds a nice width
    • Use a free app called Wide Touch
    • Apparently a delay can be used too with very small delay times
  • edited December 2019

@wim said:
    Good thought.

There’s a section under Categories for this. That’s probably a lot easier to search than a big thread. And the best of these should go in the Wiki.

So there is ... thanks for heads up. I haven’t spotted it before. Heading over now :smile:

UPDATE: It seems like a mixed bag of tips and non-tip related discussions but will give it a go.