Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cinematica Vol.1 for Roland JP 8000 -- intro price €18.00

2»

Comments

• edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Max23 said:

I just love Roland supersaw
    unisono never sounded like that :)

Yep it does have that one cheesy sound but still pretty usless for anything else. 😆 everyone quickly moved onto the access virus and back to analogue after.

yes its only one trick
    but it does it very well

i hated my analog stuff, I needed way to much fx to make interesting sounds.
    3 envelopes , only one lfo ...

Fair enough im not really promoting analogue here more that jp8000 is complete garbage and I highly encourage people to never buy one.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2019

@Max23 said:
    the other trick was the vocoder, but only the rack version had that.

Yep the Jp8000 didn't have a vocoder, unfortunately i owed a jp8000, im sure it would be pants if it did though. At the same time daft punk we’re using a digital vocoder which sounded great.

• It's starts at 0:35 ... This is why i think JP8000/8080 is great synth .. that bass o 3:30 is beautifull, and the sound after that bass too .. lot of goodness in that video ..

• edited December 2019

@dendy said:

It's starts at 0:35 ... This is why i think JP8000/8080 is great synth .. that bass o 3:30 is beautifull, and the sound after that bass too .. lot of goodness in that video ..

To me most ios synths can do better than the JP8000 and I believe your video proves it.

Compare this sound with what it was supposed to emulate and replace and even the Juno.

Beast

Juno 106 lovelyness. ... 13 mins in and the sequence changes.

Jp8000 not in the same league.

Ps thanks for posting though 🙂

• edited December 2019
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

Lovely 😊

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Max23 said:

Lovely 😊 prefer this over a jp8000 anyday

Juno 106isnt multi timbre but it is a work horse for sounds.

• edited December 2019
  • edited December 2019

@Max23 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Max23 said:

Lovely 😊

it has its sound
    but all these analog things are so limited in what you can do
    always is something missing, be it an osc or an envelope or an lfo
    and polyphony was really limited with 6 voices
    it just guarantees 3 voices without envelope break up

Jp8000 is just a virtual Analogue with 8 voices with the same voice stealing, its designed to replicate one. Yep the roland ju6a does sound good and you see the difficulty they have to replicate the sound at the cost of voices. 2019 and the synth they release is inferior to the original 30 years ago.

• edited December 2019
  • [Deleted User] you not right about JP 8000. I dont know what clicks you have, it maybe some troubles with ur JP, but i know alot of JP 8000/8080 owners wwho very satisfaid with a sounds. For your information - it's a top instrument from 1998 to 2005 years, almost all top DJ's used it, incl Scooter, Armin, Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, ATB...the list is very long, it have the best Supersaw sounds, Virus supersaw not so punchy like JP 8000 have, it's just different but it's good too. I know only 2 VST synths that can sounds very close to it - Dune 3 and U-He Hive, but it's 100% not iOS synths, sunrizers and other kid stuff :D

• edited December 2019

@Nat1 said:
    [Deleted User] you not right about JP 8000. I dont know what clicks you have, it maybe some troubles with ur JP, but i know alot of JP 8000/8080 owners wwho very satisfaid with a sounds. For your information - it's a top instrument from 1998 to 2005 years, almost all top DJ's used it, incl Scooter, Armin, Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, ATB...the list is very long, it have the best Supersaw sounds, Virus supersaw not so punchy like JP 8000 have, it's just different but it's good too. I know only 2 VST synths that can sounds very close to it - Dune 3 and U-He Hive, but it's 100% not iOS synths, sunrizers and other kid stuff :D

You are more likely to see a juno 60 or jupiter 8 than a JP8000 in those mentioned DJ ‘s studio Today, some are completely in the box. JP8000 was one of the catalysts that made people get their old analogue gear back out.

It has a cheesy super saw agreed but in all other departments its a terrible synth IMO. The filter resonance is terribly digital and unusable, ios synths are far superior.

Plus im not the only person who owned a JP8000 in this post that mention the terrible clicks.

• edited December 2019

@Nat1
    but i know alot of JP 8000/8080 owners wwho very satisfaid with a sounds.

This.. not in trance but also especially in hardcore/hardstyle genre this synth is legendary.

But again, JP8000 is not just about supersaws, it' also about amazing sounding cross modulation and feedback oscillator, this is whole big range of sounds (or exampel totally not possible in Sunrizer because sunrizer dosn't have those features)

but it's 100% not iOS synths, sunrizers and other kid stuff

On other side disagree that iOS is "kid" stuff.. there is lot of good synths too. Also Sunriser is capable of interesting sounds. What is interesting, i like it for other kinds of sound, not classic supersaw (or obviously supersaw) based - in my opinion best supersaw (most punchy, as you mentioned) has Nanostudio Obsidian "Nanosaw" oscillator... to my ears it sounds more consistent, sharp, than Sunrizer's supersaw. I think it was modelled based on JP supersaw (not sure with that)

here small example, 3 different sounds played always first by Sunrizer, then by Obsidian, in both cases standard 12dB filter used.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/avwdt29ed91jhrv/sunrizer_vs_obsidian.wav?dl=0

You'r JP8000 bank has some pretty great sound, i would like to hear some preset bank made by you for Obsidian :-) Just try look at it, maybe it will inspire you ;)

• edited December 2019

Maybe some of those guys that loved the JP-8000 sound never had an analog synth before and believed Roland when they tried to sell the clicks as a feature.
    So your only choices are either: Hard attack with speaker blowing click, or Soft attack. Same with the release.

Then there’s also the audible digital 0-127 stepping on every single knob or slider except for the main volume control and that is when they’re only being used in the vacuum of space.
    Those that have entered earth’s atmosphere and have one dust particle the size of an atom on the fader can jump up to 127 steps just by breathing towards it from the inside of another building across the street.

Try running it through an analog overdrive/distortion unit. It amplifies the horror.

• edited December 2019

@jolico said:
    Maybe some of those guys that loved the JP-8000 sound never had an analog synth before and believed Roland when they tried to sell the clicks as a feature.
    So your only choices are either: Hard attack with speaker blowing click, or Soft attack. Same with the release.

Then there’s also the audible digital 0-127 stepping on every single knob or slider except for the main volume control and that is when they’re only being used in the vacuum of space.
    Those that have entered earth’s atmosphere and have one dust particle the size of an atom on the fader can jump up to 127 steps just by breathing towards it from the inside of another building across the street.

Try running it through an analog overdrive/distortion unit. It amplifies the horror.

Yep, i had the exact same experience! I totally forgot about the sliders jumping parameters at will, infact thats the liveliest part of the synth and totally rude and unforgivable of it to do such a ridiculous thing. My last post on this... ya all been warned.

• @dendy said:

@Nat1
    but i know alot of JP 8000/8080 owners wwho very satisfaid with a sounds.

This.. not in trance but also especially in hardcore/hardstyle genre this synth is legendary.

But again, JP8000 is not just about supersaws, it' also about amazing sounding cross modulation and feedback oscillator, this is whole big range of sounds (or exampel totally not possible in Sunrizer because sunrizer dosn't have those features)

but it's 100% not iOS synths, sunrizers and other kid stuff

On other side disagree that iOS is "kid" stuff.. there is lot of good synths too. Also Sunriser is capable of interesting sounds. What is interesting, i like it for other kinds of sound, not classic supersaw (or obviously supersaw) based - in my opinion best supersaw (most punchy, as you mentioned) has Nanostudio Obsidian "Nanosaw" oscillator... to my ears it sounds more consistent, sharp, than Sunrizer's supersaw. I think it was modelled based on JP supersaw (not sure with that)

here small example, 3 different sounds played always first by Sunrizer, then by Obsidian, in both cases standard 12dB filter used.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/avwdt29ed91jhrv/sunrizer_vs_obsidian.wav?dl=0

You'r JP8000 bank has some pretty great sound, i would like to hear some preset bank made by you for Obsidian :-) Just try look at it, maybe it will inspire you ;)

yep, of course JP was legend not only in Trance :)
    thnk you, i need to check that synth :smile:

• I really liked the hardware/interface of the 8080 but it sounded too lifeless and plastic for my taste,don't regret selling it long time ago.But anyhow,if others love it so be it.I think there is no need to repeat again and again the same message how bad it is.It's almost christmas,spread some love :wink: This thread is about someones work on additional soundsets and i wish you good luck with that 👍

• @Crabman said:
    I really liked the hardware/interface of the 8080 but it sounded too lifeless and plastic for my taste,don't regret selling it long time ago.But anyhow,if others love it so be it.I think there is no need to repeat again and again the same message how bad it is.It's almost christmas,spread some love :wink: This thread is about someones work on additional soundsets and i wish you good luck with that 👍

I love how horrible the JP sounds :smiley:

Peace and love to everyone. Except for murderers, pedos, rapists etc.

• @jolico

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• @dendy said:

@jolico

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:D