Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth Platinum 2 and external audio

I just purchase this for my iPad. It runs fine using my iPad as audio source. However, when I plug in my external audio source (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2), Pure Synth crashes. This happens every time. I'm not having problems with any of my other IOS music apps- they all recognize and use my external audio source without any glitches. I'm using IOS 13.2.2. Focusrite is connected via powered USB hub and iPad Lightning adapter. I have an iPad Pro series 1 (2016).

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited December 2019

First thought that comes to mind is potentially sample rate issues between a few apps. Is PSP the only thing open? Is this standalone or AUv3. Does it do the same thing when it’s an AUv3?

• Does it crash if you start up Pure Synth after you plug in the interface? Have you tried closing all apps, powering off, then powering on the iPad?

• edited December 2019

Yes, Interface, then Pure Synth = crash

Start Pure Synth, then plug in interface, interface makes repetitive popping sounds for about 20 seconds at about 135bpm, but Pure Synth does not crash. After about 20 seconds, popping stops and PS works fine

If I load both the Focusrite and Pure Synth in AUM (focusrite slot 1, PS Slot 2), it works fine. No popping sounds
    Same if I load it as a AU3 in Auria.

So maybe it's the stand alone version which is giving me problems. No big deal because I probably won't use it stand-alone very often.