Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does the ipolysix arpeggiator record into its own sequencer?

Thinking of getting it - it’s still in the Korg sale until the 10th Dec. Just wondering if the arpeggio you play can be later edited in the on board sequencer? - or can you just ‘play’ the arpeggiator. Thanks

Comments

• @robosardine I believe so? I’m just out the door but I’ll open it on my break if I can and report back. But really, I love this synth. It not only sounds great, one of my favorites on iOS and I have everything, it’s super fun to use. Of course non AU, but I personally do not care. It’s completely worth the money and yes you can edit the arp as far as notes. Come to think of it you can edit parameters per step, per note in the arp. I highly recommend this.

• In Gadget: The builtin arpeggiator records discrete notes. The Gadget specific apps record the held notes. The cool bit is you can record or draw in the chord and adjust the arpeggiator to your liking afterwards, the controls can be automated as well like any other onscreen control.

• Ok cheers- I think I’ll get it, what with the arpeggiator options, the Gadget option, your recommendations and the fact that it’s half price feels like a green light to me 🤔🙂

• edited December 2019

@Morgman73 said:
    @robosardine I believe so? I’m just out the door but I’ll open it on my break if I can and report back. But really, I love this synth. It not only sounds great, one of my favorites on iOS and I have everything, it’s super fun to use. Of course non AU, but I personally do not care. It’s completely worth the money and yes you can edit the arp as far as notes. Come to think of it you can edit parameters per step, per note in the arp. I highly recommend this.

Do you guys know if it sync to an IAA host? Just got iMS-20 and I can't seem to sync it to either AUM or AB3. Enjoying the internal sequencer there immensely, so I'm thinking of getting iPolysix also for the 64 step sequence, and sound :-)

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@bato said:

@Morgman73 said:
    @robosardine I believe so? I’m just out the door but I’ll open it on my break if I can and report back. But really, I love this synth. It not only sounds great, one of my favorites on iOS and I have everything, it’s super fun to use. Of course non AU, but I personally do not care. It’s completely worth the money and yes you can edit the arp as far as notes. Come to think of it you can edit parameters per step, per note in the arp. I highly recommend this.

Do you guys know if it sync to an IAA host? Just got iMS-20 and I can't seem to sync it to either AUM or AB3. Enjoying the internal sequencer there immensely, so I'm thinking of getting iPolysix also for the 64 step sequence, and sound :-)

Nope. Doesn't tempo sync to anything that I can tell. It will respond to Audiobus start/stop. That's it.

It's weird, it says "Link" on the icon when it's loaded in Audiobus, but It doesn't show up as a running Link app in any other apps, including Audiobus, doesn't respond to tempo changes. There are no Link settings in iMS-20, so I think this is just a fluke. At least in Audiobus start/stop works.

The IAA transport bar shows when it's loaded in AUM (inconveniently covering up the Settings and Utility buttons). Pressing play on the IAA transport bar starts AUM, but not iMS-20. Pressing play in AUM doesn't start iMS-20. Changing tempo in AUM doesn't change the iMS-20 tempo.