Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What? Threatening developers for not getting app promo codes

I don't know how many of you that also are members of the Audio Unit Extension group on Facebook, but this was just posted in there by Living Memory Software, makers of some of our fave iOS software/instruments.

Basically it is a notorious "blogger" who is harassing them because they don't want to send him promo codes for their apps. If they don't he is threatening to give bad reviews, and counter-information in bad ways instead.

In this latest contact with them he is going as far as threatening them with a lot worse things.
This has to stop.

If you supporting this particular bloggers web site, YouTube channel or Facebook group you should probably consider unfollowing and unsubscribing, otherwise you are supporting this type of behaviour.

PS. I'll post the post from Facebook as a comment here for those of you who cannot see the original Facebook post

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1704410769839550/permalink/2510596862554266/

Comments

• edited December 2019

Original text from the link above, copy/pasted as it was posted by Living Memory Software on Facebook:

=================
    Some of you might have noticed yesterday a post from an individual who runs a blog attempting to review apps etc..

The moderators of this group quickly deleted yesterday's post for which I thank them.

You'd think a blogger who had'nt received a reply from a developer after asking for promo codes would either simply ignore the developer's work or perhaps ask again? This one was ignored by us consistently because we simply did not like the tone of his original demand for promo codes (it actually appeared like a spam email to us) and his subsequent behaviour was so unprofessional that we simply continued to ignore his demands.

However he persisted, this time threatening us with bad reviews in mails and even butted in to a Doug Woods live stream of LayR by sending us links to a hidden web page with a message threatening that he would ignore us if we continued to ignore him. Which seemed like a good idea to us so we did. Sadly he didn't. And continued to send angry mails. How dare we ignore him? Do we know who he is? Did we realise he so important? ...

Sadly, it continues today with a mail I recieved containing what looks like a threat from the said individual which I am now considering passing over to Facebook.

I wonder if any other developers are receiving similar attention from this individual, if you are perhaps you would get in touch with me...

So, in case anyone here views any material from this source ... you now know what's been going on.

I ask Is this the behaviour of a sane person... ?

...........................................................................................

Email: [email protected]

Subject: LOL

Message Body:

Sorry..

I can no more answer to you on the Facebook..

What did you excepted by ignoring me ?

You only received what you wanted!

I am an amateur?

Yes and Proud!!!

By the way for lot of developers much more famous and productive than you I am the best!!!

If I am an amateur what is the problem?

Only 260 views for your video...

And I didn't start to promote it...

18 like vs 3 unlike!!!

And since this post more and 'ore people are joining the group..

So we can be both happy!!!

We receive both what we planted!

I will review your App..

An awesome App !!!

Really!

Unfortunately I will post it as a private video...

Too bad!!!

But not for you I only an amateur who was the first iOS Music App blogger 10 years ago...

But because of my battle to change this world I had to stop...

I only receive what people who ignore other receive...

That's all...

Last thing..

Never come in vacancy in Thailand

This cou try is very dangerous for people like you

I seen 6 people dying in front of me for a no Thanks..

You can also be arrested by the police if you not answer to a simple smile!!!

So sweet cou try where I live..

Sweet for humans...

Not for people like you!

Who judge and ignore others!!!!

You have received a new submission from the Living Memory Software website.

EDIT: Clarified that the original post on Facebook was posted by Living Memory Software

• That's insane and unacceptable. Noted.

• Yup. I witnessed the escalation of the last days on Facebook. Feel sad.

• edited December 2019

So is the offender Apps4idevicesrebirth ??
    I prefer reviews/tutorials with voice explanations anyway.

• Yeah he’s kind of a nutter. It sucks cos he can be very helpful and knows his stuff but then there’s shit like this. I had to leave the group he has on Facebook a while back cos he would post too many comments like this about developers who didn’t give him codes

• edited December 2019

I don't bother watching his videos anyway.

• He has a nice channel on YouTube and Twitter.i just had to unfollow him that’s sad

• @hellquist

Oh that's annoying.
    Though I don't subscribe to his groups, he is on my FB friends list.

• Well, that's pretty nuts.

• This is why we can't have nice things.

• quid pro(mo) code...

• Jep he always sounded like he had a loose screw in his head.

Btw he is on these forums as well

• A grade 'A' nutjob, by the looks of things.

• edited December 2019

I got harassed by him as well. Actually, I was under the impression that he had some kind of psychological problem from the very first email I got from him, so I thought the best course of action was to simply not reply at all.

That resulted in a constant barrage of CAPSLOCKY AND EXCLAMATIONMARKY EMAILS and also defamatory Facebook posts.

Maybe best not to deal with him.

• OMG, I was subscribed to his YT channel ... until now.
    Layr is on my list, a great synthesizer, I was hoping he went on sale during the BF. After this, he climbs to the top of the list.

• I like his videos, but I always thought the ending was really weird.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I like his videos, but I always thought the ending was really weird.

Yes, now I understand what the written “but I’m only an amateur” at the end means.

• My interactions with this blogger have always been positive but this aggressive behaviour is not good.

This is obviously a mental health issue. I hope he gets the support he needs and makes the right decisions for himself, away from the public limelight.

• edited December 2019

@Michael
    See the mob is out,da lynch squad.@Hellquist awesome job posting everywhere,this is the third or fourth place I’ve seen your nice gesture.Hope you feel good.

Go on people lynch da nutcase,retard or psycho.

• quite unfortunate. From the wording in his email, he's not a native english speaker. I assume he has little idea how poorly his tone comes across.

Or... he just never expected developers to expose his bizarre demeanor to all his potential viewers.

• Sounds like a good old fashioned dust up

People still use Facebook??

• edited December 2019

@Kkani said:
    @Michael
    See the mob is out,da lynch squad.@Hellquist awesome job posting everywhere,this is the third or fourth place I’ve seen your nice gesture.Hope you feel good.

Given I've only posted it here and on the iPad Musicians group on Facebook, you having seen it 3-4 times "everywhere" is actually quite a feat.

I really don't like when honest hard-working developers are being threatened. Most of them have a hard time as it is. If there is mental illness behind this behaviour I hope the person in question seeks help for that, but that doesn't excuse spreading terror un-noticed either, so if that is the case I might be doing that person a favor by pointing out this irrational insane behaviour.
    Nothing about this make me feel good though.

• Uncool behavior deserves to be called out. Thanks @hellquist for your service. I hope the blogger learns a lesson and gets ahold of the anger, and/or gets the help he/she needs.

• edited December 2019

@Kkani said:
    @Michael

If someone ill or not is behaving in this way the recipient of the abuse/threats is well within his rights to post the information up to warn others and illustrate why they may be receiving negative reviews.

If other people then choose not to support the person making the threats etc well that is fair enough, no one is entitled to support for their work especially when behaving in this way whether due to illness or bad character.

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    Sounds like a good old fashioned dust up

People still use Facebook??

I was wondering the same thing...

• Thank you Mat @Hellquist for the post: I agree this person is obviously not well and needs to seek help. The reason I posted on the Facebook iOS AU group today is because this has been going on for nearly a year and at Living Memory we've been patiently ignoring all correspondance from the person involved, but today it simply went way too far and I thought it right to bring the behaviour into the public domain so that it can be seen for what it is. After all it can affect us and can have a damaging effect too. I've now/since learned he has illness, so I too hope he can get help. However, illness doesn't excuse unacceptable behaviour it just explains it.

• @LivingMemorySoftware thanks for taking this step. I had almost pulled the trigger myself a few months ago when I was in exactly the same situation as you, but I try to avoid conflict as much as I can and in the end, I wasn't sure if it's for the benefit of anyone if the problems are made public. Difficult decision.

• @LivingMemorySoftware said:
    Thank you Mat @Hellquist for the post: I agree this person is obviously not well and needs to seek help. The reason I posted on the Facebook iOS AU group today is because this has been going on for nearly a year and at Living Memory we've been patiently ignoring all correspondance from the person involved, but today it simply went way too far and I thought it right to bring the behaviour into the public domain so that it can be seen for what it is. After all it can affect us and can have a damaging effect too. I've now/since learned he has illness, so I too hope he can get help. However, illness doesn't excuse unacceptable behaviour it just explains it.

I sympathize. Really sorry that you have this to deal with. It is scary getting those sorts of messages. (It happened a few times to me and was nerve wracking).