Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Broke Washing Machine(WAY...way...OffTopic)

Anyone have your washing machine agitator break or belt go?

AKA: Stops spinning

Is this a doable repair?

Appreciate any experience.

I bring it here because this situation affects my synth holiday spending! LOL

I need a Moog more than a washing machine but wife not gonna feel same way! LOL

Love to fix this thing than replace it.

GE Model

Comments

• Does the motor spin but the drum doesn’t? If the motor doesn’t, it’s not a cheap repair. If there’s a belt that has failed, it’s easier, but if the belt is slipping and the drum isn’t turning, it could be seized bearings...

• @RUST( i )K said:

I need a Moog more than a washing machine but wife not gonna feel same way! LOL

:D

YES HONEY I AM WILLING TO WEAR SOILED CLOTHES AND USE MY SYNTHS.

• Front or top loading? Could be a belt, transmission, or motor depending on the symptoms. I guess it could be the control board too, but most likely not. I'm not a pro in any way, but I seem to have very bad luck with washers and driers. I've had to repair them many times. Every repair is DIY doable if you can get the parts. There's plenty of vids on YouTube to help now too.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Does the motor spin but the drum doesn’t? If the motor doesn’t, it’s not a cheap repair. If there’s a belt that has failed, it’s easier, but if the belt is slipping and the drum isn’t turning, it could be seized bearings...

This.
    That is very good advice.

• Have you tried convincing your wife of the true analog warmth that will result from beating them on rocks?

• edited December 2019

I do know that the majority of washing machine breakdowns are caused by the carbon brushes being worn therefore requiring replacement, which is fairly straightforward and inexpensive. This is absolutely the first thing you should check.

• if having clean clothes is really important you could sell your cooker or fridge to fund a new washing machine and you wouldn't need to touch your synth cash ((:

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Does the motor spin but the drum doesn’t? If the motor doesn’t, it’s not a cheap repair. If there’s a belt that has failed, it’s easier, but if the belt is slipping and the drum isn’t turning, it could be seized bearings...

Nothing spins

Water fills water leaves nothing moving as far as in a circular motion.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    Have you tried convincing your wife of the true analog warmth that will result from beating them on rocks?

Im like its a ladder...for the roof....well for the filter....

• edited December 2019

back on topic, how does it sound?

Mine was sounding pretty good. Made mainly with Fieldscaper and samples made in Twisted Wave.

• Did you check the brushes?

• I would check the actuator too if it has stopped spinning.

• My washer wouldn't go into the spin cycle. It ended up being a defective lid switch. I disconnected it, stripped the wires and reconnected them directly to bypass the lid switch. It worked fine after that for about another year before finally getting to the point of having to be replaced. It was nearly 20 years old.

• edited December 2019

There are many videos on youtube on the subject of washing machine problem diagnostics and repair.
    You could type in the words "GE washer not agitating" into youtube, and see many videos about repairing various models.

Also. Get the model number off of your washer. Sometimes there is a paper sticker on the top rear side of the control panel on a GE top-load. Depending on the year and the model, the model number may begin with 4 letters like "WCSR" or something else.

Write down the entire model number and type it into a google search. In the search results, you should find online appliance part stores. Look at a few of the search results to see if you can find a parts website that includes the assembly diagrams for your particular model.

Once (if) you find the diagrams for your model, look them over to get an idea of the agitator and the drive/transmission configuration.

Also take a peek at the part prices while your on various websites. I have noticed that the prices vary dramatically from website to website. Lately I've found some of the best parts deals can be found on Amazon, for appliance parts and car parts.

With the knowledge of you particular machine's mechanical design, you may then look for repair videos on youtube that match the mechanical design of your model.

The videos can be helpful with diagnosing the problem, and watching repair videos can help you decide if attempting a DIY repair is a wise choice based on your own level of technical repair experience.

From my own experiences repairing my own appliances. Beware that disconnecting the water and drain lines from the hookup in the home wall, can sometimes lead to discovering the shutoff valves need to be replaced. In worse case scenarios I've had valves that have broken off due to having very corrosive well water that rots pipes.

So an attempt to repair a washer, can turn into a plumbing repair job depending on the condition of the plumbing.

Also be aware that moving an Appliance out from the wall can scratch flooring, and good repair Pros will put down a "made for the purpose" sheet of floor protection to slide the Appliance out onto, so as to protect the floor.

If you do decide to carry out your own repair. It's a good idea to download the original installation guide for your machine to assist in re-leveling it after its been put back in place. Many of the GE's have two adjustable front feet and self adjusting rear feet. The rear feet won't "self adjust" unless the entire machine is first tipped forward to remove the weight from the auto-adjusting mechanism, the adjustment will only occur when the back of the machine is tipped back down.

I had a frustrating time fighting with one of those self adjusters once, until I read the manual discovering the need to tip the machine forwards.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

This.
    That is very good advice.

good advice indeed.

i once had the slipped belt issue & upon ringing a repair man & describing the problem, he talked me through fixing it myself over the phone. easy ten minute job, what a nice guy !

• How did it turn out in the end? 🏊🏾‍♀️

• edited February 2023

@Jarasultu said:
    I would just call a professional in such a case

If you’ve got time on your hands and can follow a YouTube tutorial, they’re pretty simple machines to fix. I don’t blame you for calling a professional but you can save a TON of money if you DIY.

Edit: Hopefully they got their washer fixed as this original post is from 2019. Lol

• I would sample the noises it’s making and use them in creating a new piece of music.

• @Jarasultu said:
    I would just call a professional in such a case

See, RUST( i )K – you hadn’t thought of that, had you