Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EQ560 by Nikolay Dyatlov

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1486125569

Description:

Features:

• Standalone and AUv3 Plug-in

• Precise port of Rack Extensions plugin

• Modeled vintage EQ

• 10 bands of proprietary equalization

• Familiar graphics operation on one octave centers

• 12 dB of boost/cut per band

• "Proportional Q" narrows filter Q at extremes

• IN/OUT switch - Allows the user to bypass the Graphic Eq for before/after comparisons

• Stereo(Mono), Mid or Side EQ modes

The curve shaping potential is unmatched, while unique Proportional Q design intuitively widens the filter bandwidth at lower boost/cut levels and narrows it at higher settings.

The EQ560 extends the features of the original hardware and joins the flexibility of the digital world to the character of the analog processing. Allows you to choose between equalizer modes (Stereo, mid, side) and remove analogue saturation from the processing circuit to deliver pure digital sound.

The EQ560 is handy when you need to make EQ adjustments on larger parts of the spectrum instead of a restricted area. Boosting or cutting several bands at once will radically alter the sound of a track, be it a thin, weak snare that needs low end or a dull vocal that needs to be opened up.

The EQ560 app filters the microphone input and plays it back in real-time. To use EQ560 as a plug-in, you need an AUv3-compatible host app like GarageBand, Auria, AUM, Cubasis and more. EQ560 will appear in the list of Audio Unit extensions for effect plug-ins in the host app.

The EQ560 is a great complement to the parametric EQ550 and EQ550b.

Comments

• Based on the API??...I’m guessing here

• edited December 2019

Nice and efficient little app. Not very nice-looking (especially on my iPhone) but it does the job and it's free

• @White said:
    The EQ560 is a great complement to the parametric EQ550 and EQ550b.

Does he have these other EQs out also?

• It’s free and it works, but the AppStore description talks about a €10,99 iap...

• edited December 2019

Bit pricey for me. I pass🤣 but it seems it is working without paying 10.99 of IAP purchase. Strange

• Ok. It was free for The first 5 minutes in AUv3 then you have to pay 10.99 euros to use it.

• Why did this dev not explain the IAP details. I think its a bit cheeky..I will not be getting this..free for 5mins..no thanks

• Also looking at the photo I cannot see the Q

• @zah said:
    @stormbeats The Proportional Q means that bandwidth of the filters becomes narrower as the gain increases, so no separate control for that.

5 minutes to use, really? Have barely enough time to set it up before the free app would expire! Should increase to 24 hours to test to see if it works for you. And explain that limitation in the description.

It happened exactly to me. I set up all in AUM and the app was expired😅

• @zah said:
    @stormbeats The Proportional Q means that bandwidth of the filters becomes narrower as the gain increases, so no separate control for that.

5 minutes to use, really? Have barely enough time to set it up before the free app would expire! Should increase to 24 hours to test to see if it works for you. And explain that limitation in the description.

@zah ok thanks - and yes I agree the 5min is no good

• Yes, 5 minutes then you have to pay. Well, it's nice when free but I prefer paying for something like TB Equalizer

• Has this any benefits against let's say Pro-Q, or Toneboosters EQ ?

• @dendy said:
    Has this any benefits against let's say Pro-Q, or Toneboosters EQ ?

Benefits? I wouldn’t say so. Especially if u like the digital tools of those ..but if it’s modeled after the api and that’s the sound you’re after then that’s would be priceless for some. For instance a neve eq would be more important than pro-q, or ToneBoosters for vocals for me. There’s a character to it I just like.

• edited December 2019

Looks like it is from Red Rock Sound, who makes audio plug-ins for music applications.

https://redrocksound.ru/