Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ShockWave - Synth Module by Kai Aras

Comments

• Heyho everyone,

sorry for taking forever to weigh in, I tried to follow the thread and pick up on as many things as possible.

Here's what I've got so far:

• Crashing on iOS9/iOS10
      -- Fixed in 1.0.1 (already released)

• Preset browser categories going missing in AUv3
      -- Fixed in 1.0.2

• App Crashing / Peaking when cycling presets or restoring a DAW session
      -- Fixed in 1.0.2

• App Crashing when using the randomizer
      -- Fixed in 1.0.2

• Randomizer Pre-Select options not working
      -- Fixed in 1.0.2

• Crashen when changing scope source
      -- Fixed in 1.0.2

• Presets getting mixed with VOLT Presets when using iCloud Patch Storage
      -- Fixed in 1.0.2

• Quantizer User Scale not restoring when re-opening quantizer window
      -- Fixed in 1.0.2

Also new in 1.0.2

• Settings: Added Note Priority Setting
    • Standalone: Added Keyboard fullscreen mode

The 1.0.2 update will be out sometime tomorrow.

If i missed anything please do let me know, depending on what else comes up there might be a 1.0.3, otherwise 1.1 should be out before the end of the year adding iPhone support and a bunch more factory patches.

• Figured I'd add my 5 cents to a couple things that came up but aren't addressed in my previous post-

@Carnbot said:
    Really tempting, but yeah monophonic is a shame, is that to make it friendly to older ipads I wonder?

Unlike VOLT, it's really been designed a monosynth from the ground up since it essentially is a small modular system in plugin format.

@rezidue said:

@musgo said:
    It sounds nice but MPE stands for "MIDI Polyphonic Expression" so how does it fit with being monophonic?

It has more to do with expressiveness than polyphony.

Exactly, it's unfortunate they named it that way but even tho there's only one voice it does support the MPE spec, meaning all your glide, slide and pressure modulations you get from an MPE controller will work right away with all of them being exposed as mod sources just like the internal lfos, envs etc.

@hibjshop said:
    The modulation window keeps appearing when I dont want. Like when adjusting a knob (maybe its recognizing that as long press?)
    Anyone else?

Next version will add an option to change the time it takes for the menu to appear or to disable the long press entirely.

@WillieNegus said:
    Doesn’t work well in Zenbeats which is a major bummer because that app is really dope. You may want to take a look @ka010

It's on my list.

@Bon_Tempi said:
    And another thing I noticed - the „detune“ knob in the x-mod section doesn’t react to the long press for adding modulation. Is it supposed to be like this? Anybody else having this problem?

Never considered that since you can just modulate osc fine tune to get the same effect but now that I'm thinking about it that may have been a bit of an oversight. Let me sleep on it :smiley:

• @ka010 said:
    Figured I'd add my 5 cents to a couple things that came up but aren't addressed in my previous post-

@hibjshop said:
    The modulation window keeps appearing when I dont want. Like when adjusting a knob (maybe its recognizing that as long press?)
    Anyone else?

Next version will add an option to change the time it takes for the menu to appear or to disable the long press entirely.

That’s actually one of my favourite features, I’d hate to see it go completely. A longer press, or maybe a double tap would stop the window appearing accidentally.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ka010 said:
    Figured I'd add my 5 cents to a couple things that came up but aren't addressed in my previous post-

@hibjshop said:
    Anyone else?

That’s actually one of my favourite features, I’d hate to see it go completely. A longer press, or maybe a double tap would stop the window appearing accidentally.

Also what about tapping outside the window to close it instead of having to tap on "done"? It's a quick way to close popup windows in other apps and I got so used to it that I miss it when it's not implemented.

• @ka010 said:

If i missed anything please do let me know

MPE mode still isn't selectable in AUv3; working great in standalone.

• @ka010 i sent an email about this but just in case.... having the delay time at 0 but with feedback and send up creates a loooong delay somehow.

• So, the 1.0.2 update was delayed a little due to my son insisting on being born early >:) should be out now tho.

Release Notes:

• Added note priority setting
    • Improved Randomizer
    • Fixed an issue where randomizer pre-select options would not do anything
    • Fixed an issue where preset browser categories would get lost when resizing an AUv3 windows
    • Fixed an issue where ShockWave would crash when restoring a DAW session in some cases
    • Fixed an issue where changing the scope source would crash the app in some cases
    • Fixed an issue where MPE glide/slide tracking would occasionally get lost during legato play
    • Fixed an issue where Quantizer settings would not restore user scales when re-opening the popover
    • Fixed an issue where some LEDs on some buttons where misaligned

@MonzoPro said:

Oh, it wont be gone completely, just a bit more customisable. Double tap unfortunately is already occupied with "reset to default".

@silent1 said:
    Also what about tapping outside the window to close it instead of having to tap on "done"? It's a quick way to close popup windows in other apps and I got so used to it that I miss it when it's not implemented.

Actually, that's intentional so you can still play the keyboard and tweak controls while adjusting the mod amounts.

@Masanga said:

@ka010 said:

If i missed anything please do let me know

MPE mode still isn't selectable in AUv3; working great in standalone.

Fixed it, thanks! Fix coming in 1.0.3

@DCJ said:
    @ka010 i sent an email about this but just in case.... having the delay time at 0 but with feedback and send up creates a loooong delay somehow.

Got it, fixed it, thank you very much! Fix included in 1.0.3 also.

• So soon after your baby shockwave saw the light of the world you had another baby boy . congratulations.
    play him some soft shockwaves once in a while ;D

oh and thanks for the update

• @ka010 congrats with the birth of your son! Wife and kid all fine?

• ShockWave Synth Preset Surfing on iPad Synth

• Lil Shockwave with some Procreate 5 experimenting :)

• @ka010 congratulations to you and your family!

• @ka010 said:
    So, the 1.0.2 update was delayed a little due to my son insisting on being born early >:) should be out now tho.

Congratulations mate. I was holding off on Shockwave due to synth-buying overload but I’ve bought it just to wet the baby’s head. Have a great first Christmas with him.

• Where can I access the randomiser ?

• @gsm909 said:
    Where can I access the randomiser ?

When you browse the presets you will find it at the bottom of the list of presets on the right side

• @gsm909 said:
    Where can I access the randomiser ?

• The 'modulation window popping up' issue seems to fixed in the standalone but is still a problem in the audio unit version after the 1.0.2 update.

• edited December 2019

@ka010 this thing is just AMAZING for leads and arpeggios.. it cuts through every mix, no matter how dense it is... Beautifull harmonically rich sound ! My top 3 iOS synth, from now will use it literally in every single track !

• Thanks @Shazamm and @skiphunt for the demos!

• @rs2000 said:
    Thanks @Shazamm and @skiphunt for the demos!

Sure thing

• Hi folks - finally spent some quality time with this synth after my purchase (hey, life's been busy). I think the presets are marvelous and the synth has quite the voice. Would love to hear more of what is being done with it by you all. It seems to have such an individual voice and is so strong that I'm having trouble hearing it other than by itself. ;)

• Here are my thoughts:

;)

• Thanks @Daveypoo - looks like it struck a chord with you, err struck a note.

• edited January 2020

i love the sound of this synth ! but i’m terrible at sound design with this thing tho..... and figuring out that sequencer and last page of stuff! making no progress there either...
    please guys make some usable presets or tutorials! i got a little from haqs video but not much and a lot of the presets aren’t really to useable for me 😃
    much grateful to either or!

• @reasOne said:
    i love the sound of this synth ! but i’m terrible at sound design with this thing tho..... and figuring out that sequencer and last page of stuff! making no progress there either...
    please guys make some usable presets or tutorials! i got a little from haqs video but not much and a lot of the presets aren’t really to useable for me 😃
    much grateful to either or!

yes, i feel much the same ... don't love too many of the presets, but I know there's some sweet sounds that can be coaxed out of it, but I'm not a synth programmer...

• Continues to be a pleasure to play with. Special note of thanks to @jakoB_haQ for the ‘stereo cream’ preset, quite delightful.

• @ka010 - Making my dreams come true 😍

Also congrats on the kid!

• @ka010 will iOS be a separate app purchase or same app?