Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ShockWave - Synth Module by Kai Aras

Comments

• edited December 2019

So.....AMAZING

I have no words.

• @OnfraySin said:
    So.....AMAZING

I have no words.

Is that all Shockwave? Effects?
    Really beautiful synth.

• @kinkujin said:

@OnfraySin said:
    So.....AMAZING

I have no words.

Is that all Shockwave? Effects?
    Really beautiful synth.

Shockwave + Blackhole/FAC Bandit

• My shockwave. Dont really record anything as Im to amatuer. You can tell by the oscilators sounding like radio frequencies and quality of recording. Its just a noodle of 3 channel audio. Violin sound is tardigrain. Then a few notes of a choir. Then the beat and everything is one instance of Shockwave through effecrix and fd1 delay on glass. I think the sounds suit. 4/4 isnt my thing much but I think you could have a bit of a rave to it.

https://www.dropbox.com/h?preview=Ch+6+-+120+bpm+-+001.wav

• Fail to see any reason to rave after playing with this for a while. Modulation options and sequence options are great, but it sounds....pretty crappy to me in my unsolicited opinion.

• Oh well. Will make better tunes maybe.

• edited December 2019

@sigma79 said:
    Oh well. Will make better tunes maybe.

Haha, I hope you didn't think my post was in regards to your song post. I would've checked it out, but the file embed shows 'error' so I didn't try to play or click the link. And besides, good tunes can be made with stuff that I think sounds crappy. Sorry for any confusion!

Edit: On closer inspection, I think my use of the word 'rave' after you had just used it in your post may have led to the mixup. I was merely speaking about my own experience with the app. Please forgive me!

• Youre right it is crap but shockwave is good.

• Dont worry. Its just a noodle with oscilators and bad headphones.

• @sigma79 said:
    Dont worry. Its just a noodle with oscilators and bad headphones.

Just as long as you know I wasn't insulting your track. I'd listen if the link worked

• I will become a shockwave professor!

• Its not even a track mate. Just recorded in aum as some settings wouldnt save. lol.

I have midi controllers and things but trying to tune shockwave. Have no idea really.

• Yeah, the link just loads Dropbox. It's not a sharing link.

• anyone sharing any presets for this!?

• @reasOne said:
    anyone sharing any presets for this!?

I am hoping someone organizes a classic AB forum 'make Gus some presets-athon'

• A single patch. A bad patch. It does percussion even mono. Not the type of tune you would blast in your car. Sounds more like being stuck on a wierd planet during the Eclipse.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9fjs067d5x1ky4/Ch 1 - 85 bpm - 007.wav?dl=0

• @sigma79 said:
    Its not even a track mate. Just recorded in aum as some settings wouldnt save. lol.

I have midi controllers and things but trying to tune shockwave. Have no idea really.

Sounds better than anything I’ve put together. I like it.

• @ahallam said:

@sigma79 said:
    Its not even a track mate. Just recorded in aum as some settings wouldnt save. lol.

Sounds better than anything I’ve put together. I like it.

Cheers mate. Will need to get better. This would probably be a good hardware synth. The faders sort of make you feel like a dj. Will try make a less muffled sound now and use with other apps and machines.

• Nice sounds! Can I say the init patch sounds beautiful?

Though why is the AUv3 interface different from the standalone one? I like the standalone one more but I prefer using it in a AUv3 host!

Also a bit annoyed by the modulation panel popping up when trying to twist the knobs, and the random sensitivity of such knobs (sometimes they don't move at all only to step up to high values when 'forcing' them), but I guess that's an easy fix for subsequent update.

• It was mentioned before, but we now have 2 separate topics about Shockwave. Maybe wise to combine them to one? @Michael

• First update’s out.

• I have an issue, it might be this update, I'm loosing all sound into AUM...
    I load my preset, Shockwave is red striped, I have all other synths playing.
    Then I reload Shockwave, I make the midi connections, all is working fine.

If I reload Shockwave, then kill AUM, then reload my preset, 50% of the case I have Shockwave red striped, and the other 50% Shockwave seems loaded correctly, but no sound at all going out from the iPad (from any synth)

In this case, even if I kill Shockwave, then reload, no sound.
    I have to kill AUM, then reload the preset.

So to sum up, if I load an AUM's preset with Shockwave used in it, it must be red striped, then kill and reloaded...

• @crony said:
    I have an issue, it might be this update, I'm loosing all sound into AUM...
    I load my preset, Shockwave is red striped, I have all other synths playing.
    Then I reload Shockwave, I make the midi connections, all is working fine.

If I reload Shockwave, then kill AUM, then reload my preset, 50% of the case I have Shockwave red striped, and the other 50% Shockwave seems loaded correctly, but no sound at all going out from the iPad (from any synth)

In this case, even if I kill Shockwave, then reload, no sound.
    I have to kill AUM, then reload the preset.

So to sum up, if I load an AUM's preset with Shockwave used in it, it must be red striped, then kill and reloaded...

I’d suggest writing to the dev and providing all the relevant info such as hardware and os version.

Have you power-cycled your device? If not, try that.

Are you loading as standalone or AUv3?

• edited December 2019

@espiegel123 true, already did, with crash logs, and the patch is on his way :)
    I just wanted to make a feedback here to warn people, and to double check the issue...

I'm using the AUv3 version, didn't test IAA at all...

• When switching the scope to LFO and back to AUDIO the app crashes. Can somebody try this?

iPad 12.9'' Pro 2017 Gen2, iPad OS 13.2.3

• @Pierre118 said:
    When switching the scope to LFO and back to AUDIO the app crashes. Can somebody try this?

Confirmed. Standalone and AU.

• edited December 2019

@Liquidmantis said:

@Pierre118 said:
    When switching the scope to LFO and back to AUDIO the app crashes. Can somebody try this?

Thanks.

I already send e-mail to the developer.

Update : Kai replied to my e-mail. This will be fixed in the coming 1.0.2 update, coming next week

• edited December 2019

@Liquidmantis said:

@Pierre118 said:

Could not reproduce this on 10.5 Pro iOS13.2.3

Oh wait... I'm running latest beta. Never mind. It's evidently fixed ;)

• Made another patch with a single shockwave. How do you get a sub bass, the real sea and a distressed Mermaid?

Might be annoying as it can get too high pitched.

Weird though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhuuc0b0a91u5fz/The Lost Mermaid.wav?dl=0